Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Apocalypse Heaven Part 1 ❯ The Danger that lurks there ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2: The Danger that lurks there

After that run-in with the demon girl Heather and Anthony seemed to come to a consensus that going anywhere was a bad idea just now, maybe later when their nerves weren’t so frazzled. Instead they decided it was best to stay within the confines of the hotel even if only for a little while.
-------
Sebek yawned as he reclined in one of the many big comfy chairs that littered the lobby, a towel wrapped tightly around the top of his head while his clothes seemed only moderately dry. Hanna kept fussing over him and the manager begging him as politely as he could to get out of the chair even though it was already too late.
Suddenly he felt a strange sound, like buzzing go off in his head. He couldn't understand it but he stood and stared around trying to see where was it coming from and why was it so damn annoying? His feet began moving as if they were on autopilot and his body would follow. Without warning he crashed into someone and stumbled back as an angry female voice filled his ears "Hey! Watch where the Hell you're going idiot, jeez!”
His vision came back into place and he looked directly at the grungy looking ebony haired girl that looked as if she were ready to punch him square in the jaw. “You shouldn’t be so rude Heather, it was an accident. You should apologize to him.” The shorter blonde boy smiled politely as he lifted his hand, “My name is Anthony Dale, it’s its nice to meet you.”
Sebek took the outstretched hand in his and shook it, “Sebek Tareish.”
Heather on the other hand, “I won’t say sorry because I’m not. You,” She poked Sebek in the chest, hard, “on the other hand should apologize to me. The man should always say sorry to the lady.”
“What lady, I don’t see any here.” He stated. His mouth seemed to be running on autopilot because he hadn’t even thought those words.
Heather gasped, “Why you son of a-”
“Heather, Please don’t curse, I find it offence and uncalled for.”
“It doesn’t matter what you think, this loser insulted me.” Heather snapped back.
“The only loser here is you, and you just pissed because I make it more obvious.” Sebek retorted not seeming to comprehend the danger in those words as Heather’s whole body went completely rigid.
Just as she was about to punch him square in the jaw, “You two fight like an old married couple. It’s quite cute really.” Sebek turned to see a crop of fiery red hair that could only belong to Hanna.
“That’s not funny.” Sebek frowned.
“Oh yes it is. Besides you haven’t looked this happy in ages, I’m glad you made new friends.” Hanna grinned
“We are not friends!” Heather and Sebek said in unison.
While Sebek and Heather went right back into their bicker-fest Hanna smiled at Anthony, “It’s very nice to meet you, my Name’s Hanna.”
Anthony smiled back, “I’m Anthony Dale, and she’s Heather.” He looked back at the squabbling pair, arguing about all sorts of nothingness like there was no tomorrow. “They seem like they’ve known each other a long time.” he paused, “I feel like I’ve known them for a while also. It feels creepy and I don‘t like it.”
“Well, you probably were great friends at some point in one of you’re past lives.” Hanna smiled secretively.
Anthony gave her a questioning look, “You believe in that kind of stuff?”
“Oh yes more than anything. Do you believe in anything?” she asked trying to make conversation.
It took Anthony only a few seconds to reply, “The power of science and my music.”
“Music?” Heather asked, as if she and Sebek had suddenly stopped their squabbling and taken an interest in what he was saying. “Are you a musician or something?”
“Yes.”
“Well what do you play?” Sebek urged.
“The violin.”
“Ah, so classical music then, that’s not so bad. Oh, hey I heard some young famous kid was going to be here because of some concert he’s putting on. Have you met him?” Sebek asked.
“I am him.” Anthony stated simply.
“Really that must suck. Ugh! I hate classical music, it just can’t get you’re blood pumping like that hardcore metal can.” Heather pronounced as if only her opinion were the only one that really mattered.
“Of course a grungy person like you would think so. I don’t think you have any taste, particularly when it comes to music. Especially if you favor that screaming noise you call music.” Sebek retorted without missing a beat.
And the bickering began again and all Hanna and Anthony could do was stand back watch, not wanting to get involved.
-------
Nisha was, at this point beyond pissed off. Not only had she not captured or even killed the human godlings, but they’d forced her to retreat. The boy, oh that boy was going to pay, if he hadn’t shown up she would have at least gotten the fire girl but the fates wouldn’t have that would they, those high and mighty bitches. Not only was that boy annoying as fuck but he’d even made her release her true form and she just didn’t like the idea. They would fall by her hand and no other or Lucifer damn her she would never return to Hell.
Thus, angered beyond belief and ready to get violent she began to search the grounds of the hotel for easy prey to lure into the nearest dark alley and use as a plaything. Her eyes moved quickly assessing the humans, looking for the perfect target when she spotted a young man lounging under a palm tree. A sinister smirk spread across her face as she sniffed the air, “Oh, this is just too good.” They were making it too easy. This was her chance to redeem herself for her earlier mistake.
So, she would put up the best front she could, lure him to a secluded area, and assuming he had no idea who or what he was she would kill him before he discovered his powers.
Simple as that.
-----------
Marcus lounged under his new favorite tree trying to nap, and avoid whatever kind of chaos that seemed to be taking place inside. Any other person might go inside and figure out what was going on but not Marcus. He didn’t care nearly that much and he was way too comfortable where he was to move for anything, instead he yawned and rolled over in the sandy grass to find a more comfortable position.
Just as he was about to nod off again he felt someone drawing closer and then, “Hey there. Whatcha' doin' out here?" It was a girl. Marcus turned to tell her to leave him alone in the nicest way he could but the moment he turned back around he knew just what she was. He wouldn’t make a hostile move, that would be stupid, he’d just wait and if she didn’t attack then he’d leave it be.
“You know I don't think you should smile unless you really mean it, it might anger the powers that be."
She frowned slightly. "Well, whether a smile is false or not, it's nice gesture."
The girl held out a hand, “my name’s Nisha.”
He took her hand, “Marcus. Forcing a false smile means you must be hiding something, which just means you can’t be trusted.”
"Do I really look like the type to hide something? Maybe a little white lie, I’ll admit, but nothing that would mean I couldn‘t be trusted!"
Yeah like he believed that. Marcus looked up at the full moon seeing that it had a halo of sorts. “Demons are being set loose.”
Nisha looked up at the moon. “Oh, please demons don’t really exist. Next thing I know you’ll be telling me ghosts are real too, oh and how about the boogie man?”
‘That’s like saying you don’t exist. Not even I would do that.’ Marcus sighed "I couldn't tell you if ghosts where real, but I've summoned a few demons before." He said with a sad smile, "I've killed one too, it was an accident though." He looked up at the moon sadly as his fingers began to dig into the ground to find the greatly needed comfort it would offer under his fingers as the confusing and painful memories began to resurface.
“Oh, stop talking nonsense. Demons don’t really exist.” She waved it off yet again, the silent warning he was sending her.
“Fine believe what ever you want. It’s your business, not mine.” She wasn’t going to listen and leave him alone so it was time to go back to his ‘handlers’. He slowly sat up then stood slowly not even brushing what dirt and grime that made it onto his cloths. “Now if you can't find anything interesting that might grab my attention then I'll be going."
“Well...I'm not very interesting, and you're not very interesting....how about we go and be not-interesting together at a lame 50's horror movie? I’ll even buy if you want.” Nisha offered with the nicest looking smile Marcus was sure she had in her, ‘She is a demon after all.’
He sighed running his finger through his dark brown hair. “Fine but you’ll buy everything, and you’ll have to find us transportation.”
“Oh, no problem I’ve got a sweet ride, follow me.” with that Nisha led him toward the parking lot. Until, “This is it.”
Marcus looked at the black Porsche, sure he practically hated cars but he had to admit this car was way to fine looking to shove off as a gas guzzling hunk of metal.
Nisha unlocked the car, or at least seemed to, “"Come on then, I won't bite...much..." She smirked as she slipped into the car.
Marcus none to gently fit himself into the car, sometimes it really sucked to be tall. “This car looks to expensive to be owned by someone like you." He spoke as he shut the door.
Nisha barked a laugh, "So, what, I look like I'm poor? I guess my mom was right about how I dress!" The car started and they were off. She shrugged, “Since we’re gonna hang out, how about we get to know each other? Like what’s your favorite movie? Mine is the original Swamp Thing, it gets me every time.”
Marcus sighed, “I don't really have a favorite movie since I don't watch them very much." He stated simply.
Nisha smiled and nodded sagely. "That's okay. We can find you one today!" She said enthusiastically.
Marcus shrugged, "So why are you here in Hawaii anyway? You don't seem like the 'fun-in-the-sun' type." He asked if he was going to start an idle conversation then he might as well get a few questions answered.” It was better to play-a-long at this point; he was still waiting for her to make her move.
"Well, the 'rents wanted a vacation. So they thought Hawaii would be the PERFECT place for they're DARLING little family vacation." She smiled warily and shook her head. "Basically, they stay in the spas all day and let me run off. They think I'm an embarrassment."
Marcus nodded, "I see." he looked out the window once again. "So how much longer before we get to this place, any way." If he didn't get out of this car soon he thought he mighty get sick, it felt far too disconnected and cramped. Soon it would be as if he couldn't breathe, so he rolled down the window and breathed in the fresh earthy air this calmed him down almost at once.
Nisha smirked as she pulled the car into a deserted plot of land and laughed. "You shouldn't get into cars with strangers!" Her face twisted demonically and she lunged forward, wrapping her fingers around Marcus' throat. While she squeezed his windpipe, she used her demonic strength to keep him in place. "So, how does it feel to be the first Elemental to die?" Nisha asked, letting in just enough air for him to respond.