Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Tears of an Angel ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Broken Tears of an Angel
She was told over many times not to let her emotions from the past resurface. But she did, and because of that one of her team members died. It's not like she meant to but....she was remembering because she was provoked. Simply enough, if she didn't have to fight in the condition as she was in currently nothing would have happened. But it's not like she expected them to know that.
 
Kaki is currently in her caretakers' home. Sitting in a corner listening as her caretaker, Jay argues with his boss.
 
"How many times have I told you to keep her under control!!!?" his boss, Rik yelled angrily. He had put up with Kaki's 'accidents' for a while and had become tired of them. "I can't afford to have her losing control like that!!"
 
"You act as if it's her fault!" Jay argued. "It is because of all the shit she hears that she's this way!" Excuse me but you know that no one on this earth can keep her under control!" Jay huffed as sweat rolled down his face.
 
Rik's face became much more vexed as he said, "Fine. But the next time this happens again that bitch is getting punished...harshly." he turned and stomped out of the small house.
 
"Is this my fault?" the soft voice came from the other side of the corner. Playing with the doll in her hands Kaki looked up. "Is it because I lost control?"
 
Jay looked into the sad eyes of the child. "No. It's not your fault." Jay had been through a lot of shit because of Kaki losing control, but he honestly believed it wasn't her fault. "It will never be your fault." he patted her head before turning away. "Now get some rest. You have another mission tomorrow morning."
 
Kaki stood slowly as Jay left the room. "I'm sorry." a single tear rolled down her face. Looking at the doll in her hand Kaki slowly walked to the couch. "It's always my fault, Rosette." she whispered lying onto the couch. "Jay's just too nice to say it isn't." as her eyes closed, Kaki tears began to roll down her cheeks.
 
Light, Dark they are parallel
If you don't try, then you will not stay alive
Sleep, Sleep, sleep angel of the light
Don't let the darkness come around.
 
The next morning Kaki awoke at six in the morning, to a Jay shaking her awake. "Come on Kaki we have to get going!" he said to her standing as he did so. Being how he was Jay couldn't conceal his nervousness. "Hurry and get dressed."
 
It was like this each morning. She was woken at unreasonable times, had to get dressed quickly and couldn't eat breakfast. Maybe this was why she lost control. Standing with Rosette in her arms, Kaki runs into Jay's room and begins to put on the clothes laid out for her. "What a pain Rosette." she whispered. "Don't you think so??"
 
Fully clothed Kaki exits the room and is yanked by her arm. "Remember Kaki...no unleashing your power." Jay said sternly as he looked into the young girls eyes.
 
"Yes sir." Kaki whispered softly. "I understand." Being the way she was never was her fault. It was because of unstoppable things in her life. Why did every one act like she was a screw up for the simple mistakes she made? Jay looked down at her once more before he yanked her out of the house.
 
"It has come to my attention that you, Kaki, have once again let your power out." the elder, Tsugey, informs. "I hope you will have better luck with this mission.”
 
Why did she have to go through the same lecture everyday? She had to deal with the evil stares given to her and even had to fend off any angry people. It was just too much for a girl like her to handle alone. It's not as if anyone tried to understand the position she was in or even tried to help her. So why did she have to care if she got into another fight and lost control??
 
"Thank you sir." Kaki said. "I understand and will try to not lose control this time. I am sorry for any inconvenience to have caused you." Kaki turns away. "I will report back as soon as the mission comes to an end." she exits the meeting hall with Jay behind her.
 
"You are to meet up with the rest of the team and get the scroll back." Jay repeated. He didn't want Kaki to screw everything up again. It was a chance for her but it also meant something to him.
 
"Yes. I understand." Kaki looked at her doll and turned away from him. "I will be going." she said, forcing the tears she had in her eyes back. There was no way she would let herself succumb to the emotions she was feeling.
 
"Go." Jay orders. Nodding once more, Kaki began to run.
 
Kaki felt sick. She always felt sick when she fought. It just made her feel even worse to know that her opponent was someone that seemed to know her. "Kaki I want you to shoot three of your spirit arrows at him."
 
Looking at her commander, Ishizura, Kaki nodded. It was just the two of them left. Her teammates were wounded and she had to fend off her opponent with her captain. Holding her bow up Kaki pulls the string back and a glowing blue arrow appears. She shoots it and repeats it two more times.
 
Ishizura held her hands out toward the arrows. "Shockwave! 2000 bolts!!" the blue spirit arrows Kaki just shot now had electricity snaking around them.
 
Their opponent smirked as he looked toward the electrically charged weapons heading toward him. "You'll have to do something better than that." the arrows disappear. "You should know that Kaki."
 
The gaze of cold, chilling eyes fell upon the young girl. She paled and clasped her hands to either side of her head. "How do you know me?" she inquired softly, not really wanting to be heard.
 
"Because you are familiar." he answered as he began to make his way toward the young girl. "Because you killed them and I have sworn to kill you for it."
 
A gust of wind flew by and Kaki was thrust back, falling into the tree behind her. "What did I do that was so bad?" she whispered as she slumped to the ground. A warm liquid drips down her arm. Looking down the crimson flow of blood is seen. An ear piercing scream is heard.
 
Ishizura looked to Kaki, to see tears falling from her eyes. "Don't do it Kaki!!!" she yelled. "You can't! If you...." Ishizura trails off as the man in front of her begins to choke her. "You talk too much." he squeezed her neck a little harder and her breathing slowly came to an end.
 
All the while a wind swirled around Kaki and she stood. Unsheathing the sword at her side, she looked at the man with empty eyes. "Now you'll die." she whispered. Walking toward the man.
 
"How wonderful!" he yelled in excitement. He unsheathed his sword and went at the younger girl. Kaki blocked the sword with her own. "Then by all means try."
 
Angel of the light is Angel of the dark
Both are needed to kill them all
Angel of the light must protect 
While angel of the dark must live and regret
 
Kaki pulled back her blade and hopped into the air. She swung it down and a trail of flames went straight for the man, burning him. Landing on the ground, Kaki fell back.
 
Seeing this, Ishizura runs to her side. "Kaki!!" she exclaimed as the girl beneath her slowly falls into a deep sleep.
 
"Do you see now?" a soft voice inquires. "You have control over those you kill, angel of the dark and angel of the light. Sleep tight."
 
 
It didn't make sense. When Kaki awoke three days later she found that there was no one else at the field. She decided to let it go, so now she lay in bed staring at Rosette.
 
"You believe me don't you?" she asked.
 
Rosette could only nod.
 
Kaki sighed to herself. She thought that she could forget the voice but the more she laid there the more she remembered hearing it. It was such a pain.
 
A knock on the door interrupting her thoughts, the door opened to reveal a worried looking Jay. "Are you okay? Do you need anything?" he asked as he walked to the girls' side.
 
Kaki shook her head. "I'm fine. Are things going well with the elders?" she spotted the serious look on Jay's face and sighed. "Guess not."
 
"Kaki." he whispered. Jay sat beside the girl stroking her hair. "The elders have decided to send you away."
 
Kaki's eyes widened. "Why? I have to be away from you?"
 
Jay nodded his head slowly. "I'm sorry." he apologized. "You'll be with a new team okay?"
 
Kaki shook her head. She didn't want to leave it wasn't fair! Why did she have to leave Jay!? He was all she had left and that was being taken away from her. It wasn't fair.
 
Wiping at her eyes she watched as Jay pulled away. She didn't want him to but he had to. Maybe they'd see each other again?
 
"Goodbye Kaki." he whispered as he walked forward. He didn't bother to look at the girl. It would hurt her too much. It would hurt him too. He loved her like a daughter and she had to be taken away from him.
 
Kaki sniffled. "Goodbye Jay." she would miss him, but she had to be strong. It was important she was strong. She hugs Rosette tighter. "Come on Rosette. We have to pack our clothing." she turns and walks toward the house she had shared with Jay.
 
It really was depressing for her. She didn't know where she was going or who she would be with. It wasn't fair. She lost control again and now she had to be sent away. She really hated it.
 
"Miss Kaki."
 
Turning around Kaki comes face to face a man, well not a man but close to. Had to be at least eighteen. Short white hair and soft green eyes. But there seemed to be something a bit off about him.
 
"Who are you?" Kaki asked. She had never seen him before.
 
The man smiled. "I'll be your new caretaker. My name is Sin."
 
Sin. What an odd name. Why did this man have such a name? Sin was something bad right? Who would name their child such a thing? It was mean and made no sense! But Kaki still couldn't shake the feeling that there was something wrong with this guy. Weather it was bad or not she didn't know.
 
"Are you ready to go Miss Kaki?" Sin inquired. He held his hand out flashing the girl a soft smile.
 
Kaki looked to Rosette. "There's no need for us to be here any longer right?"
 
Her doll bows its head.
 
"Then I am ready." she put her bag over her shoulder and took the hand offered to her. She was leaving her home, the place she grew up. That was okay but she would have to come back and visit Jay. After all he was the most important person in her life.
 
Soft giggling followed by a yawn could be heard as the two walked off. A white feather falls down, drifting slowly to the ground. Words are whispered but go unnoticed.
 
 
Light, Dark they are parallel
If you don't try, then you will not stay alive
Sleep, Sleep, sleep angel of the light
Don't let the darkness come around.
 
Angel of the light is Angel of the dark
Both are needed to kill them all
Angel of the light must protect 
While angel of the dark must live and regret