Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Common ❯ Part II: End of Innocence: Chapter Two: Speeding Begins ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two: Speeding Begins:

The first day felt much warmer than he thought. Turned out Atticus and Aoi were in the same class. She sat a few desks away from him. To him, that was enough. Fate decided to be nice to him today.

“My name is Obuchi Atticus,” he introduced himself to the class.

“Please call me Aoi,” she introduced herself to the class.

“Whole name?” the teacher asked. The girl lowered her head.

“Uoya Sappoto,” she said. “Please… Call me, Aoi.”

“Very well,” their teacher said. Aoi quietly sat down with eyes on her. Atticus wished that he could reach out for her hand. His dear friend shifted in her seat. The student introductions went on.

The first day of high school can be rather uneasy. It can make or break many students. High school can shape them for adult life. But, Atticus and Aoi have yet to pick up on this fact. They became wrapped up in seeing each other again.

By lunch, Atticus made his move. He spotted Aoi walking out of the classroom.

“Aoi-chan!” he called out to her. The girl turned her head. Her old friend got up from his desk and ran over to her.

“Hey,” Atticus said. He stood up straight.

“Do you want to eat with me?” he asked. Aoi smiled for the first time today.

“Of course,” she said. The pair sat in the back of the classroom.

“How have you been?” Atticus asked.

“Pretty good,” Aoi said. It felt like old times. He missed her smile.

“How have you been?” she asked.

“Good,” Atticus said. “I've been good.” When did Aoi get so pretty? Her skin glowed under the light. She grew out her hair to her cheeks. Her uniform looked great on her slender body.

“Um… are you doing anything this afternoon?” Atticus asked.

“No,” Aoi said. “Why do you ask?” He chuckled and rubbed the back of his head.

“I figured you could come over to my house later. That's if you're okay with that,” he said. He couldn't tear his eyes away from hers. Aoi's face lit up with her smile.

“I would love to,” she said. Atticus fought to contain himself.

“Thank you so much,” he said. The boy bowed his head. Aoi smiled and snatched fried shrimp from his bento.

“Hey!” the boy shouted. His old friend giggled. Atticus looked at her bento.

“I'm taking this!” he said. Atticus picked up his chopsticks and took her pickled plum. He smiled as he ate it.

“Now we're even,” the boy said. Aoi smirked.

“Give me a piece of friend tofu and now we'll be even!” she said. Attics frowned.

“Do I have to?” he asked.

“You took my favorite part,” she said. “I didn't make you take my plum. You still have fried shrimp.” Atticus sat back, pouting.

“Fine,” he said. The boy gave her a piece of fried tofu. Aoi gave him a piece of fried chicken.

“There,” she said. Atticus leaned forward and kissed her on the cheek.

“What was that for?” Aoi asked with red cheeks. The boy stared at him with big eyes.

“I… I don't know,” he said. Then, the bell rang. The pair tried to finish eating. Atticus tried to figure out what exactly happened with that kiss. It just happened in seconds. He moved his hand to his lips. Something inside of him wanted more. But, the boy was still too innocent to see where this was headed and why.