Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Kasumi's Mission ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ryuji and Haruko looked on a Kasumi. Their guest blinked for a moment.
"Hm?" she asked. Haruko leaned in closer. Her boobs lightly brushed against the table.
"Do you have any family?" she asked. "Where are you from? Why are you here?" Her brother nudged her in the ribs.
"Ow!" she whimpered.
"Knock it off," Ryuji hissed. "Just let her eat!"
"But I want to know all about her!" his sister wailed.
"It's okay," the guest spoke up. The siblings eyed her. Ryuji put up his hand.
"You don't have to," he said. "My sister's just being noisy. She gets like this when we have guests."
"Hey!" Haruko cut in.
"But it's true!" he said. Kasumi lowered her chopsticks as she to hold back a giggle.
"That's fine," she insisted. She paused and then smiled at them. "You don't get many guests here, do you?"
"No," the siblings replied. Kasumi's smile tried to hold back her laughter again. Well, guess it wouldn't hurt to tell them a little bit about me, she thought. The woman pushed her hair behind her ears.
"I can't really tell you much," she said. "But, I'm looking for something." Brother and sister looked on at her intently.
"What is it?" Haruko asked. Kasumi beckoned them closer to her. Ryuji and Haruko leaned within inches of her face. Their noses almost touched.
"The Cove," the guest whispered. Brother and sister gave her blank looks.
"The Cove?" Haruko asked.
"What is that?" Ryuji asked. The woman gave them a shrug.
"I don't know," she replied. "Before I came here, an old lady told me that I would find the answers that I was looking for if I find the Cove." A moment of silence passed over them. Haruko played with her glass on the table before her.
"Well, what are you looking for?" she asked. Kasumi bit on her lower lip. How do I answer that? If I tell them anymore, he'll..., she thought. Ryuji grabbed his sister by the wrist. Both women looked up. The boy cleared his throat.
"That's enough, Haruko,"  he said. "Just let her be." Her sister drew back, frowning. Kasumi didn't show it on her face, but she sighed in relief in her head. Ryuji turned to the woman.
"Do you mind helping me clean up the table?" he asked. Haruko gave him a strange look.
"Ryuji-kun," she said.
"What?" he asked.
"You don't ask a guest to clean up the table with you," she said. "That's just rude!"
"Then what do you call butting into her personal life?" he hissed back.
"I don't mind," Kasumi cut in. Brother and sister looked up at the woman. Haruko put up her hands in the air.
"You don't have to do that," she said. The woman shook her head.
"No, I want to!" she said. Kasumi and Ryuji walked into the kitchen. The sister sat alone, blinking.
"Okay..." she mumbled. As the boy and woman washed the dishes, Kasumi plotted in her mind her escape. I can't drag them in any further, she thought. The best way to go would be to walk away before Ryuji and Haruko awoke the next morning.
Funny how plans take a different turn that expected...
Chapter Seven: Kasumi's Mission: