Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ First Rivalry ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moments later, Shasha sat on Ryuji's bed. He stared her down with his arms folded across his chest.
"What the hell, man?" he asked, "What were you doing in the vent above my room. She rolled her shoulders back.
"Exploring," Shasha said.
Ryuji raised an eyebrow at her, "Through the vents."
"Yeah."
"Why?"
Shasha gave him a little shrug, "Because I can."
Ryuji gave her a blank stare, "Just who are you?"
She gave him a sly smirk, "I could ask you the same thing."
The boy frowned at her, "This is a game to you, isn't it?"
"No, I just want to know your name," the girl said. Ryuji dropped his shoulders.
"Fine," he grumbled, "I'm Ryuji and your name?" She sat back with a smirk.
"They call me, Shasha," she said. He raised an eyebrow at her.
"Is that right?" the boy asked.
"Yes," Shasha replied.
"And this isn't a joke?"
"Nope."
"You promise?"
"Yes!"
Ryuji rubbed on his ear as he winced, "Okay, okay. I'll believe you." They went quiet for a long beat. Shasha gave him a big smirk. The boy raised an eyebrow at her.
"What?" he asked. Shasha leaned in closer and rested her elbows on her knees and her chin on her palms.
"Tell me where you are going," she said.
"Why do you want to know?" her new "friend" questioned her. The spunky redhead's eyes lit up brighter than a Christmas tree.
"My buddy and I are going to find the Cove first," she announced. Her statement stirred something inside of the boy.
"What did you say?" he asked. Shasha sat back and rose to her feet.
"In fact," she went on, "I propose a little bet to you!" Ryuji gave her a blank stare.
"A bet?" he asked.
"Let's see who finds the Cove first," she said, "Winner gets glory and bragging rights. So, they pretty much become a hero." That last statement drilled itself in Ryuji's head as a huge grin spread itself from ear to ear.
"You're on!" he said. Shasha stuck out her hand.
"Let's shake!" she offered. The boy and girl shook to begin their rivalry race to the Cove.
Chapter Thirty-One: First Rivalry