Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ The Wi Family ( Chapter 64 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There is someone else following around the crew. This isn't the other half of the crew or the enemy. No. This is someone else.

Three siblings hid in the brush. Two girls and a boy. One girl looked about fifteen years old with long brown curls. She looked like she could use some sunlight. The girl started to bite on her nails. The boy nudged her in the arm.

"Stop that. Get your hand down," he whispered. The girl looked at him, trembling. The boy didn't look at her. She lowered her hand. The older girl turned back to the smaller girl with long black pigtails. She had back to them. The girl stretched her neck from side to side. The older two didn't know what she was thinking. Frankly, they didn't want to know.

"Which way?" the boy asked. The younger girl didn't speak. She pointed forward. The older kids looked out in the horizon. The girl frowned.

"There's nothing there," she said. The younger girl still pointed forward. The siblings didn't say a word. This girl had control. Whatever she said, went. The two older kids had no say. They learned this went they were younger. The smaller girl began walking forward.

"Akimi!" the older girl shouted. Akimi didn't turn around. She kept walking forward. The older kids turned to each other before following behind. Akimi marched as if she had a purpose. The older kids followed behind. They had no choice. They had to protect her. No. That's not accurate. That's not accurate at all. They were protecting the world from her.

So why were they on this journey? Why merely rumors. The cove could cure anything. Maybe it could fix Akimi. They weren't too sure about it, but they had to try. Anything to stop her madness. What did Akimi think about this little quest? She shrugged at the older boy and girl when they told her.

"Whatever," she said. And they were off.

"Akimi, can we slow down?" the older girl asked. The boy grabbed her by the arm.

"But..." she said, whipping her head around. He shook his head. She drew her mouth closed. Both paused as they looked forward. Akimi looked over her shoulder at them. The boy quickly waved her off. The three of them didn't move at first. The older girl felt a bead of sweat rolling down the side of her head. Her breath caught in her throat. The boy held his breath. Finally, Akimi turned and kept walking. The older kids slowly breathed out. That was close. Too close. Lately, they had been slipping. They had to find the Cove before it was too late.

"We can't keep doing this," the older girl's eyes said.

"I know," he whispered. He glanced ahead of them. Akimi was still walking ahead. She didn't turn around. This was getting to be too much. The boy tried to keep it together, but he didn't know how long this was going to last.

---------

Meanwhile, Kasmui paused and looked behind her.

"Is something wrong?" Ryuji asked, stopping for a look. His girl shook her head.

"No," she said. "I just thought I heard something." Ryuji shrugged and kept walking. Kasumi took one more look behind her before she caught up with the group.

Chapter Sixty-Four: The Wi Family: