Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cuddles the Night-Stalker ❯ Cuddles the Night-Stalker ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“CUDDLES THE NIGHT-STALKER”
300 words exactly
by CrazyDragon
 
 
Picture this: you're comfortably ensconced in your bed, blissfully dreaming of (Insert Your Favorite Fantasy). You're just getting to the really good part, that you've been waiting all night to get to, when--
 
Something with sharp, scrabbly little claws scrambles up your bare leg!
 
Of course, you immediately bolt up out of your sound sleep to plaster yourself all across the ceiling. --If you are a normal person; the more suicidal type would merely flip the covers back frantically and turn on the nearest light.
 
Some of you might go so far as to run, screaming like an hysterical fire truck, through the house--waking the entire neighborhood to share your unanticipated terror. This sort needs to be very careful to not by chance befriend a habitual practical jokester. The temptation presented by such fun reactions would simply be too much for the poor dear!
 
Now, the next step (after getting down from the ceiling!) varies from person to person even more--do you entreat (or draft, depending upon your relationship) the first person you come across, to investigate the source of your abrupt awakening? Do you search out a particular individual? Or, do you spasmodically swallow a perfectly healthy case of absolute cowardice--and check under that sheet yourself?
 
Can you possibly imagine how embarrassed you are...when you find that what had seemed like a rat the size of an Am-Track, with twenty inch claws and slavering, tooth-filled mouth...
 
...is in actuality your cute, little, fuzzy-adorable, lonely Teddy-bear Hamster, Cuddles? Who had only escaped from her tightly enclosed plastic captivity to stalk on tiny little legs through 3,200 square feet of home, up fifteen carpeted steps, past six cats--two of whom are acclaimed mousers!--and up two feet of dust ruffle, just to cuddle up to you?