Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ D.A.R.Y.L. ❯ Alter Probe D-89 ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Alter Probe D-89
 
 
 
“Space.” The captain said. “The final frontier. These are the voyages of the Star—“ His introduction was cut short by a small space ship going right through the engine room. The ship's engine died and it was sent hurtling into a sun.
 
A much larger space ship was chasing after the smaller one. “We must not let the alter probe get away!” A man said. The man wasn't so much a man. He had large bat-like wings and yellow skin. He had four eyes and a mouth with four sets of razor sharp teeth. He wore a suit of red and black alien armor.
 
“Calm down Zanthur.” A much larger creature said. This one appeared to be the same species, only without the bat wings. “We'll be able to deliver the alter probe to the Gols no matter where it lands!”
 
“Would you be so sure, Aie-Quy?” A third creature asked. This one was smaller than Zanthur and Aie-Quy but seemed to be more underhanded. “It's heading for a planet called… E-arth.”
 
“E-arth?” Zanthur asked. “Jankser, you idiot! It's pronounced Earth!” Aie-Quy had a look of horror on his face. “Earth? That's where Area 51 is! If they catch us with the alter drone, they'll lock us up forever!”
 
“Yeah, but if we don't turn it in to the Gol empire, they'll kill us!” Zanthur said. Jankser seemed to be thinking. “On the other hand, if the MIB finds out we have it, they'll steal it and kill us!”
 
“It's a no win situation.” Aie-Quy said. “Not to mention those rumors about ghosts, a robot boy, that kid with the Omnitrix, Walker Texas Ranger. It's a bad place.”
 
“Well we just need to make sure no humans come in contact with Alter Probe D-89.” Zanthur said. “You know what it did to us! If any more humans get powers, we'll be in big trouble.”
 
 
 
“I'm saying it's not fair!” Mikey said angrily. “I mean I'm the older brother! I'm the one who drives! I'm the one who has to work here at the food court's Subway to save up money! I should have super powers!”
 
Victoria was on the other side of the counter. “Yeah, just shut up and give me my sub. I'm starving.” Mikey sighed and handed her her sub.
 
“You know, he has a point.” Joey said. “We should have super powers! I mean I'm a nerd with no life! I dream of having super powers!”
 
Victoria sighed. “Look, I know we all want super powers. Or in Joey's case, a life. But I don't need them. I get sent to the principle's office for beating up 12th graders more than anyone else in the school!”
 
“Your just jealous cause I can drive!” Mikey said. Victoria scoffed. “Yeah. Right. That's what you call that style of dare devilry.”
 
Suddenly, a small spaceship crashed through the ceiling. Inside of it was something like a glowing salad spinner.
 
“What the heck's a salad spinner doing in outer space?” Mikey asked. Joey shook his head. “This isn't a salad spinner. It's some kind of alien weapon or computer or something.” “Well I say it's a salad spinner.”
 
The three aliens' ship crashed through the ceiling and landed next to the ship the salad spinner thing had been in.
 
“Um… now would be a good time for Daryl to show up.” Mikey said. “Guys, I've been here the whole time.” Daryl said. “Why were you acting like I wasn't?”
 
Daryl's body became robotic as he faced the three aliens who were exiting their ship. “So what do you three goobers want?”
 
“I am Zanthur. This is Aie-Quy and Jankser. We are… delivery men.” “Right.” Aie-Quy said. “That's why we attacked that alien carrier to get Alter-Probe D-89.” “Idiot!” Jankser said. “Do you want Area 51 or MIB finding out?!”
 
Mikey picked up the alter probe. “You mean this salad spinner?” The alter probe suddenly began glowing. The glow spread to Mikey, Victoria and Joey. Then the glowing stopped. “Weird.” Mikey said.
 
“Get the probe!” Zanthur said. He spread out his wings and began flying towards Mikey. Daryl punched him in the head causing him to veer of course. “You guys should run. Now.” His friends followed orders, with Mikey idiotically taking the probe with him.
 
Aie-Quy picked up one of the food court tables and smiled. The table began disintegrating while Aie-Quy began getting bigger. “I can absorb non-living mass to make myself stronger. Since you turned into a robot, that includes you!”
 
Daryl sighed. He returned into his human form. “Fine then. I've evened the playing field a bit. But don't think I'm still not strong.”
 
He ran up to Aie-Quy and punched him in the jaw. The punch sent him hurtling into Jankser. Aie-Quy flying into him sent Jankser flying into the nearby Old Navy.
 
Jankser threw the blues cargo jeans off of him and snapped his fingers. As soon as he did this, his body caught on fire. “I amplify friction to the point of combustion. Not to mention my body's fire-proof.”
 
He ran at Daryl who merely stepped sideways. Jankser didn't have time to stop and ran right into Spencer's Gifts. Unfortunately, Spencer's Gifts is not fireproof and caught on fire. (I don't like Spencer's gifts, okay? So sue me.)
 
Daryl smiled. “I got fire dude and big boy. Now all that's left is…” He was attacked by the not unconscious Zanthur. “I've got wings. Not as fancy as the other guys, but they help me finish the job.”
 
Something suddenly cut Zanthur's wing sending him crashing into the ground. Daryl was about to thank whoever did that, but couldn't believe it when he saw who it was. He only knew one other robot that wore a cape.
 
“Atlas!” Atlas merely shrugged. “I came here because these guys are wanted criminals. Area 51 says they steal anything they can for aliens like the Gols.”
 
“The who?” Daryl asked. “Hold on—how do you know about Area 51?” “I'm a member.” Atlas said. “Now listen, I'd love to continue this conversation but I have to turn these guys in before they—uh-oh. They got away again.”
 
“I'm still lost here.” Daryl said. “Who are the Gol? What's an Alter Probe? Is Singapore really in Malaysia?”
 
Atlas' eyes widened. “What did you say?” “Who are the Gol?” Daryl asked. “No, after that.” “Is Singapore really in Malaysia?” “No! In the middle!” “The part about the Alter Probe?”
 
Atlas shook his head. “Oh, man. Those guys were delivering an Alter Probe to the Gol? With that thing who knows how many planets they could conquer!”
 
Daryl laughed. “Relax. No alien invaders will ever find that thing! My brother and friends have it.” “What?” Atlas said. “An Alter Probe is in the hands of an idiot like Mikey?” “How'd you know my brother's name was Mikey?”
 
Atlas sighed. “Look, an Alter Probe is able to change the molecular structure of anything. Your friends could either get super powers or turned into their own weight in uranium. You need to find them and get them to the abandoned fish cannery down by the docks.”
 
Daryl shrugged. “Fine. But, dude, you need to relax. Sit down and read a good book or something. Maybe take a nap.” Atlas looked like he was obviously not going to take a nap. “Or not.” Daryl said.
 
Atlas shook his head. “I don't need to relax. I'm perfectly fine.” He disappeared and Daryl shrugged. “Man, that guy's as tense as Andrew from school. Wait a minute—nah!”
 
 
 
“Pathetic!” Coach O'Graivous yelled at Mikey. The coach was large, wore red shorts, a hat, white tee shirt, some upper lip hair, and lipstick. The lipstick was the only way to tell she was a girl.
 
Mikey was dressed in the same gym outfit, but with his trademark coat covering it. He was struggling to lift some twenty-pound weights.
 
“Look at you!” O'Graivous yelled. “If you were half the bionic freak your brother is, maybe you'd be able to lift some simple weights!” She pointed At Daryl who was holding one weight in each hand and balancing one on his leg.
 
Mikey strained to lift the weights. Then, suddenly, he sent them flying. Everyone stared as the weights flew through the window and crashed into the vice-principle's car. (The guy wasn't too mad. He was thankful he had Geico though. Geico: 15 minutes can save you 15 or more on car insurance. Sorry, the joke just came out.)
 
Daryl turned back to look ay Mikey. Something was different about him. His clothes, skin, hair, and sunglasses had all turned into stone. “This is awesome!”
 
Daryl instantly recalled what Atlas had said. “Look, an Alter Probe is able to change the molecular structure of anything. Your friends could either get super powers or turned into their own weight in uranium. Oh, and don't forget what I said about the fish cannery. Are you done remembering? Just stop remembering and I'll leave. Seriously, I don't mind being told to leave, just—
 
Daryl grabbed Mikey and rushed him out of the gym. “Dude, what's up? Why have I suddenly been turned into the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing?”
 
“That thing you found yesterday at the mall. It's mutated you, Joey, and Victoria. We need to find them before—holy freak show!” That last remark was caused by him seeing Joeys. `Joeys' as in `Eight of Daryl's friend named Joey.'
 
“Daryl, what happened to me? I mean us. No! We mean me. No wait! What I—wait, we—meant to say was what happened to me—us? This is a grammar nightmare.”
 
Daryl stared at al eight Joeys. (Actually, a new Joey was growing off of one of them so it was really 8.5 Joeys.) “Look, that thing you found's called an Alter Probe. Mikey's a statue, you could start your own band, and we can only guess what happened to Tor!”
 
“Did you just call me Tor?” A voice asked. The group looked down to see a puddle of green stuff on the floor.
 
“Ha!” Mikey said. “You're a puddle! I'm a living rock, Joey's got his own little nerd factory, and you get turned into a puddle of—ow!” Victoria had moved over and burned Mikey's foot. “Acid. A puddle of acid. And if anybody calls me anything other than `Victoria' again, I'll slowly melt their skin off.”
 
Daryl sighed. “Come on. I've got to take you to the abandoned fish cannery.”
 
“Which one?” The newly formed ninth Joey asked. “Yeah,” Joey number six said. “Orsonburg has at least thirty-seven abandoned fish canneries.”
 
Daryl shook his head. “I liked it better when you guys weren't freaks among freaks.”
 
 
 
“It's about time you got here.” Atlas said. “Give us a break!” Daryl said. “We checked twenty-five fish canneries before we got here! We started out with nine Joeys, but Joey number one keeps making himself brothers!” The seventeen Joeys smiled nervously.
 
Atlas sighed. “Whatever. Do you have the Alter Probe?” Joey number thirteen took out the salad-spinner thing.
 
“So what are we going to do?” Mikey asked. “Those delivery men are turning Orsonburg upside-down trying to find this thing. They're the only ones who can reverse the effects, so we'll have to set a trap…”
 
 
 
Next Time: Quintet vs. Trio: Super-Powered Free for All