Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ D.A.R.Y.L. ❯ Castle Paridicsom ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Castle Paradicsom
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I only own the original characters. I do not own characters from TV shows, video games, books, and so on. They are owned by their respective creators.
 
 
 
 
Atlas was sitting on the bus to the Orsonburg School, uncaring about what his classmates were talking about around him. Mostly they were talking about Daryl. Having a super-hero in one's town seemed to make them a prime topic for conversations. Daryl had become quite popular with most of the people in Orsonburg because of this.
 
“Hey, Andrew,” Victoria said as she sat behind him. “Have you seen Daryl?” Atlas began coughing as his face turned red. “Uh…um… I haven't seen Daryl lately, no. Why ask me?” He asked. “Well… for some reason you and Daryl have been hanging out lately.” Victoria said. “When did you become friends, anyway?”
 
Atlas coughed again. “Uh… Daryl's missing?” He asked nervously. “Yeah.” Victoria said. This was the first time she'd ever seen Atlas (Or Andrew) nervous. Then again, she'd never talked to him. “Come to think of it, I haven't seen Mikey around either.”
 
Atlas's eyes widened. “Last night at the zoo.” He thought to himself. “Mikey was kidnapped. Daryl must have gone off after him! The idiot must be in trouble.” He tried to get up to get off the bus, but the bus suddenly stopped, jerking Atlas forward.
 
“What's going on?” Eustace asked from the front of the bus. “Come see for yourself.” The bus-driver said. “I don't believe it.” Standing outside in front of the bus were thousands of glowing skeletons.
 
“Citizens of Orsonburg!” A loud voice yelled from outside. Everyone got off of the bus to see Shriek floating above a nearby building. “Your champion, Daryl Chasler, has been defeated!” He yelled. “So it's only fitting his city goes down with it!”
 
“What?” Johnny yelled from the ground, a couple dozen stories below. “It means your city will be the first to be taken over into the Ghost Zone!” Shriek yelled. “The what?” Johnny yelled. “The Ghost Zone!” Shriek yelled louder. “Are you hard of hearing?” “Kinda!” Johnny yelled. “Please say it louder, I can't hear you from up there!”
 
Shriek groaned and flew down next to Johnny. “The Ghost Zone!” Shriek yelled loudly. “Okay, no need to yell.” Johnny said. “Oh, quite the contrary.” Shriek said as he unzipped his mouth and turned to face a building. “There's every reason to yell.” He screamed loudly and the building began crumpling. The walls caved in on it, crushing everything and everyone on the inside. “Nice lung power.” Johnny said with a hint of fear.
 
Okay, that settles it.” Atlas thought as he ran into the shadows. “Daryl's not here to play hero so I have to take over.” He changed into his robot form and sighed. “I just hope Daryl and get out of whatever mess he's in.
 
 
 
Daryl woke up in some sort of medieval dungeon. “Man. I always have to get knocked out!” He thought angrily. He tried to get up but found that he had a chain around his arm. The chain was fastened to the wall, which was fastened to the dungeon, which was fastened to a castle, which was probably fastened to a mountain, or something.
 
Well, this is an `Eragon' worthy moment.” Daryl thought. He turned to see that another chain was fastened to the chain Daryl was trapped in. That chain was tied around the arm of an unconscious Danny Fenton.
 
Whoa.” Daryl thought. “Where'd this kid come from? And where's that ghost-boy?” His eyes widened in realization. “Oh, don't tell me.” He said to himself as he noticed how similar both Danny's looked.
 
“You caught on quicker than most people in my hometown.” Danny said tiredly as he woke up. “Yeah, people aren't good at guessing secret identities, no matter how lame.” Daryl said. “But where are we?”
 
Danny sighed. “This whole place is glowing.” He said. “I only know one place that glows: the Ghost Zone.” “Um… you lost me.” Daryl said. “The Ghost Zone is the home-dimension of all ghosts.” Danny said. “It's connected to our world through a portal built by the Fentons.”
 
“Fenton?” Daryl asked. “What kinda lame name is that?” “It's my last name.” Danny said irritably. “What?” Daryl asked. “Your real last name's Fenton and your alter-ego's is Phantom? Dude, that sucks. Your parents would be disappointed by your lack of creativity. I hope you're at least good at sports for their sake!”
 
“Same here.” A voice said. Green smoke began filling the room. “Uh… okay, now I'm lost, too.” Danny said. The smoke cleared and… KavaK came in through a door. “Hey, guys.” He said. “Allow me to introduce myself. I am KavaK, ghost of wisdom.”
 
“You're gonna be the ghost of broken limbs when I'm through with you!” Daryl said as he struggled to release himself. “Try as you might, the chains will not break.” KavaK said. “They have been enchanted. Here in the Ghost Zone, humans are the ghosts. In your world, it is the way you know it to be. But those chains will hold in all worlds I can go to.”
 
“Why did you kidnap us?!” Daryl asked angrily. “To satisfy the whim of my `masters.'” KavaK said. “Shriek and Burnaqua. The children of Pariah Dark.” “Wait!” Danny said. “Pariah Dark? You mean that King of Ghosts guy? The one with the stony-looking face and the big hands?”
 
“Yeah, that's the one.” KavaK said. “Um… mind filling me in here?” Daryl asked. “Pariah Dark was a cruel tyrant.” KavaK said. “It wasn't long before certain ghosts grew tired of him. So, using arcane Magicks, they sealed him away, taking away his sources of power; the Crown of Fire and the Ring of Rage. They separated his castle, and banished his children. However, with all but two of those ghosts gone… they have returned.”
 
“Wow.” Daryl said. “That's—” “I know.” KavaK said. “Shriek has summoned a horde of ghosts and is slowly infecting your world. Burnaqua is no doubt in the throne room, enjoying a bowl of cherries. Maybe some crème brulèe. I don't know; I'm not a chef.”
 
“Um… wait a minute.” Daryl said. “You're acting pretty friendly for a kidnapper.” “Like I wanted to kidnap you?” KavaK said. “Please. I would never kidnap you. Unfortunately, I was given an order. It's against my code to go against an order from them as long as they have my card.”
 
“Your card?” Danny asked in confusion. “What does that mean?” “Nothing… yet.” KavaK said. “Now, if you'll excuse me…” he pointed both of his hands at the chains keeping Danny and Daryl bound to the wall. The chains suddenly disappeared.
 
“Why did you just help us…?” Daryl asked suspiciously. “I'd like to see what you do to my masters.” KavaK said cheerfully. “Hyvästi.” He disappeared as smoke encircled him and cleared.
 
“Hyvästi?” Danny asked. “What does that mean?” “I'm pretty sure it's Finnish.” Daryl said. “But that's not important. It's time to crack some heads.”
 
 
 
“This isn't good.” Atlas said as he rushed up the stairs of the Onan Corporation building. He reached into his pocket and took out a cell phone. He dialed a number and put it up to his ear. “Come on, pick up the phone.” He said right before the building shook.
 
“Son?” A voice asked from the phone. “I'm kind of busy now.” “Dad, I think this is a little more important than your meeting with Axion Labs.” Atlas said. “There are… ghosts attacking the town!”
 
There was another blast and the building shook again. “Listen, dad, Daryl's nowhere to be found; I've looked everywhere, and I can't—” “530453080.” Prof. Onan said. “That's the password to the weapons vault.”
 
“530453080?” Atlas asked in confusion. “Why that?” “If you put it in a calculator and turn it upside down, it reads `OBOE SHOES.'” Prof. Onan's voice said. “The weapons vault is on the fourth floor. Hurry!”
 
Atlas closed the phone and put it back in his pocket when another blast made the building shake, knocking Atlas to his feet. “Damn it.” He said. “Need some help?” A voice asked, and Atlas looked up to see Victoria.
 
“Wh-what are you doing here?” Atlas asked as he stood up and brushed the dust off of his suit. “I saw Atlas flying towards the building.” Victoria said. “It's kind of weird that he appeared right when you disappeared, isn't it?”
 
Atlas coughed. “Y-yeah, it is.” He said as he began sweating. Victoria raised an eyebrow. “Uh… right.” She said. “Andrew, you're Atlas, aren't you?” Atlas coughed. “Uh… I…” He smiled nervously. “Aw, man.” He thought. “Why did shehave to figure out my secret identity?
 
“Are you feeling okay?” Victoria asked. Atlas coughed several times. “I'm fine, really!” He said with a nervous smile. “Just nervous you found out!” His eyes widened and he slapped himself in the forehead. “Idiot!” He thought. “I just blew my entire secret identity because of a girl!
 
 
 
The doors to the throne room suddenly slammed open. “Okay.” Daryl said as he walked in. “Where's my new play mate?” “You should be careful.” A voice said as a fireball hit Daryl and slammed him into a wall. “I play rough.”
 
“Nice.” Daryl said. “So you must be this Burnaqua chick I've heard about.” “That's Princess Burnaqua to you.” Burnaqua said. “Now where's that treacherous ghost-boy I locked up with you? Has he gone and abandoned you?”
 
“No.” A voice said from somewhere in front of Burnaqua. Danny suddenly appeared in front of her and blasted her with a strange, green energy from his hand. “I'm right here.”
 
Daryl walked up to Danny and changed into his robot form. “You pitted us against each other, kidnapped our friends, and you're trying to take over the earth.” He said angrily. “Let's see you handle both of us.”
 
“Gladly.” Burnaqua said as her body suddenly turned into pure fire. Soon after that it turned into water. “Okay…” Danny said. “That's impressive.” There was a huge flash of light, and when she was visible again, there were two Burnaquas, one of fire, and one of water.
 
“Great.” Danny said. “Another enemy who can makes copies of themselves. Am I the only ghost who can't do that?” “You can be jealous of powers later.” Daryl said. “Let's do this.”
 
 
 
Next Time: Ghost Stories