Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Defy and Comply ❯ Lesson 3: Taiga ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
XxXxXxXx
Defy and Comply
Lesson 3: Taiga
By: Melissa Norvell
XxXxXxXx




Sunoma walked down the spacious halls of the male's dorm rooms. She rarely visited the dorms and had nothing in her own, though it was required that she purchase one before graduation. She supposed that in a few days she would pack up a few necessities and implant them in the room, just in case what Lamar said was the truth.

In fact, this was what she would hopefully find out with Taiga. The girl had to muster every ounce of courage that she had in her just to be able to face this man. In truth, Taiga's reputation spoke for itself, and he was one of the people she considered more threatening and low-life than Lamar.

'I usually don't approach anyone like this. The yakuza are no laughing matter and this man in particular...' Her thoughts bled off into what she recalled being told about him.

'Taiga usually hangs around his gang, but remember these guys are yakuza and Taiga is their kumicho. There are kobun all around. The Yamaguchi are the top ranked boryakudan in all of Japan and they account for sixty-percent of the population of the country. Taiga, just a high school student, controls the country's most dangerous gang, which means he's a dangerous man.' Kraki advised the lolita on attempting to see him. Even if she had suggested him as a reference to the possible rumors floating around school, a part of the green-haired girl hoped that Sunoma wouldn't be as brave as to openly approach him.

Sunoma's look hardened as she stared ahead with determination. Her pace quickened and her hands balled into fists at her sides. 'Dangerous or not, we need to talk about this. Now isn't the time to think about social class.'

Just then, something caught her eye. Pausing, Sunoma caught sight of someone walking out of their dorm.

He was tall and dressed in a black suit with an unbuttoned jacket, showing his white, button-up shirt and black tie. This man was physically fit for his age and his skin was of an olive complexion. Blonde, curly locks sported the pompadour hairstyle and long, shoulder-length, thin hair tumbled from the permed top. On his slender, cat-like eyes he wore eye liner with an extended mark that curved upward on the top and three down the sides that looked like faux lashes. It was exactly the man that she had been searching for. Taiga walked down the hall, shoving his dorm keys in his pocket and Sunoma conveniently walked two person's space behind him.

'Good, he's alone,' it would be easier to approach him without his gang around. 'Now, to get up the courage to say something...he intimidates me.' Taiga put off such an overwhelming feeling that it nearly made her tremble. There was no way that she could think of this man as a normal student.

Taiga stopped suddenly, his small, aqua pupils darted back and he stood stock still. Sunoma stopped immediately, frozen in pace. Her heart raced and it was all she could do to keep her composure. Horror riddled itself onto her ivory complexion as she awaited what was to come. She was alone with the most powerful man in Japan.

"Why are you following me?" His voice was deep and serious with a hint of annoyance laced into it.

'Remember, I have to respect this guy if I want information. Let's just...put aside the fact that he's a yakuza leader. Let's just pretend that he's a normal student.' That's what she was going to tell herself, anyway. "Are you Taiga Daifumi?"

"What about it?" His voice was defensive. To be frank, she thought he had sounded like he wanted to punch her lights out, despite what she had heard about his deep respect for women. "Don't tell me one of the syndicates sent you over here to deliver a message to me."

Sunoma blinked. "Syndicates?" This wasn't what she had expected. 'He thinks I'm- Oh hell no!' Her? A yakuza? Never in a million years! "You've got it all wrong. I came to ask you something of my own accord."

Taiga turned around, leveling her with a stern expression. He glanced her up and down and frowned in displeasure. "I'm not interested in you lolita types."

Blue eyes went wide as a look of horror etched itself on her visage. "What? I'm not here to ask you for a date!"

That sounded more offended than it should have.

"I'm bad with women anyway. I scare them all away."

Gee, she wondered why with a presence like his, not that his tone of voice wasn't equally alarming. Most normal girls would turn away and cry at the tone he used.

"Well, you are a dangerous man. Surely you realize that," the lolita held out her hand matter-of-factly, trying to smooth over the conversation but failing miserably as the look of anger on Taiga's face intensified.

"I didn't waste my time to listen to you yammer about shit I already know about my life. I've got an agenda to keep." If she had a point to make, then she had better be quick about it. He was a busy man and he didn't have time for pretentious little girls. So far, this conversation was idle and he had a meeting to attend.

"I was told to come to you by the student council. I'm trying to figure something out and I was told you can help me." Sunoma decided to get straight to the point. If Taiga wanted a cut-to-it conversation then she was going to give him one. Anything that was considered idle chat was just making his temper worse.

"What do they want? I don't have time for those goody two-shoes." The student council had never wanted him to be involved in anything before. What was the big deal about it now? This was both unnerving and irritating news. Either they had found out about his misdoings or they had some other inquiry that wasn't worth his time to answer. He didn't owe them anything, nor would they get it from him.

"I've heard rumors about graduation," Sunoma looked him dead in the eyes. From the expression he made, it was evident that he had a story to tell. All she had to do was look into those widened, aqua eyes to see the shock her words brought.

"You have my attention."

"Your brother was in the graduating class last year. Can you confirm that the rumors are true? Is he...dead?" She knew that this was a sensitive question, but it was something crucial for her case.

"My brother died before he graduated," Taiga had said it so simply, as if he didn't seem immediately bothered by it. The incident happened a year ago, and maybe he was trying not to appear weak. Sunoma would have liked to think the latter.

"Was it because the students of the last graduating class tried to kill each other?" She continued to press him for information. This might be her one big lead, and she didn't plan on letting it slip.

"How did you know about that?" Now he was defensive. In fact, his personality turned on a dime and his voice took on a hissing tone.

"I've heard things about it. That's why I came to you. I heard that you could tell me about it. I want to know if it's true. If it is then...I'm not sure what to think." Sunoma averted her eyes and looked to the side, immersed in thought. Taiga's reaction was enough to clarify the fact that it was pretty much true, but why was he holding something like that back from everyone?

"You and I are gonna go back to my dorm for this. I'll tell you what you need to know in there but I'm not talking about it out in the open." The blonde turned around and gestured with his hand for her to follow him. Sunoma nodded in response and went back to his dorm with him.

Once they were there, he waited for her to enter the room. Sunoma stepped inside and heard a click behind her as the yakuza leader locked the door. Blue eyes shot to the opening, shocked that he did such a thing. Her mind jumped to conclusions and she felt her heart beat quicken momentarily.

"Don't worry," Taiga chided as he noticed the girl's look of unease. "I'm not going to do anything funny, but I will let you know the door is gonna be locked the remainder of this conversation."

"Is it that big of a deal?" Why did they need to be a locked room just to talk about graduation and his dead brother? Something seemed off about this situation, and she didn't quite believe him when he said he wasn't going to try anything. She had seen too many horror movies to trust him otherwise.

Taiga turned around and walked up to her, standing toe-to-toe with the blue-and-black haired girl. She looked up to him, and their crippling height difference finally settled in. He was a good six foot to her mere five foot two inches. It was like a shadow was cast over her and the fact that he was an obyun was presented full frontal to her.

"Yes, it is and I have a few things to ask you as well." If the girl knew about graduation, then there might have been other things that she knew that could prove beneficial to him. After all, Sunoma wasn't the only one who was trying to find out the mysteries of why such a thing happened and who could have been behind such a barbaric act.

"I might answer them. It depends on what you want to know from me," Sunoma could answer what she felt like answering. Locked door or not, things weren't going to go his way if she didn't feel like making them do so.

"Fair enough," Taiga handed her the dorm key. "In case you get uncomfortable. Don't be stupid about this."

Sunoma slowly closed her hand around the key. In all honesty, she didn't expect Taiga to give it to her. It seemed that he was pretty respectful to her feelings about being caged inside of a room with him. The fact that he considered how she might feel about the situation made her feel at ease. Her cold expression faded to something that resembled normalcy. "Trust me; I'm in a pretty odd situation as it is. I've had to deal with...less than favorable company already."

"Where did you hear about graduation from?" It was a limited number of people who had known that such an event even took place. As far as he knew, only one other person knew about it, so how did this girl acquire such information?

"I heard it from a man named Lamar. He said that he graduated with your brother's class. He also told me that graduation at this school meant that you all had to kill each other. That we get locked on campus and we have to fight to the death to get out. That only one of us can graduate." Sunoma informed him on her situation. She had no idea how the yakuza was going to react to what she had to say, and in truth her breath hitched thinking about his answer.

Then the words of confirmation came, the very words that she didn't want to hear.

"It's right."

They sent shock through her form, like a knife piercing her heart. Blue eyes widened and suddenly Sunoma felt as if her armor had been pierced. The dorm keys fell to the floor with a jingle that seemed five times louder than it actually was. "What? Surely you jest."

Taiga closed his eyes and turned his head down, holding up a clenched fist. His voice lowered in an upset mixture of trembling sorrow projected as anger. "My brother was killed in graduation last year. He was the last person to die. He was killed in one blow."

All she could do was stand there with her eyes wide. Her body visibly trembled and her face felt searing hot. Never had she been so overcome with emotion, in fact she was always the one to hold a seemingly impregnable facade. Sunoma was shell shocked and for once, she had never felt as helpless as she did in that moment. "This...can't be happening...Are you saying that...next week we're going to be locked in here and be forced to kill each other?"

"The only way that won't happen is if we figure out who's behind this before then. Our time is running low and I've exhausted my resources." If the yakuza's head could be any lower it would have been. All that could be seen of his face was a lone closed eye, creased, thin eyebrow, nose and mouth. The rest was covered in the large, blonde curls of his pompadour. All of this time, he had done nothing but try to beat the clock and run against fate to attempt to save his entire class. Taiga even utilized his men but they had also come up with no leads on what could have happened and why things had been the way they were.

Horror shot through her heart. Even someone whose yakuza faction accounted for sixty percent of the Japanese population could not find a single thing out about graduation or why classes were being killed off without reason in a savage blood sport. A blood sport that she was about to be hurled into with people she knew and loved being around. The friends that smiled at her and asked her for help on homework, that she hung out with after school and laughed with at lunch. She felt ill, so much so that she had to resist vomiting. Sunoma wrapped her arm around her stomach as she stared blankly at the ground. "I...I can't believe this. W-What do we do?"

'Lamar was right. Oh my god! I feel sick.'

"If you know, then transfer out. What are you, fucking stupid?" Sunoma had the information, all of the information that she needed and all of the proof that she needed to avoid a situation like the one she was in now. Just looking at her, Taiga could see that she was scared out of her mind. "You can get out of here, so do it and I'm not going to tell you again." By now, his voice had escalated to a barking anger. He couldn't believe the insolence of this lolita. It was suicide staying in this school any longer than she had to and it was lunacy to continue to stay even after she was hit hard with the truth.

Frightened eyes looked up to the yakuza's angry expression. "What about everyone else? I can't just leave them here. I also come from a very strict family. I would be disowned if I didn't graduate. It was in their wishes that I get a diploma from this school."

Her parents wanted their daughter to have the absolute best education available, and they had high standards for her to meet upon attending Shinjinku Academy. They would never believe her if she told them such a seemingly ridiculous story about graduation. Who would believe their child if they said something like that? She would only get cast out and sent off to a crazy house, and to her, that was a fate worse than death.

This only caused Taiga to become more angry, his snapdragon temper bore its ugly head as his fist shook and small, cold pupils glared at her. "Do you think this is a game? You don't have time to think about shit like that. Are your parents' wishes so important that you'd rather die than get cast out? I know you want to do what you think is right, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do." This girl was going to die if she stayed any longer than she had already. With the time drawing close to graduation, it ticked away and ran fine like sands in an hourglass. "This place is sick and twisted. It's run by a mad man. He's got a real sick definition of what a graduation is."

"Why? If you knew we'd all die then why didn’t you tell us? You could have saved us all." Taiga was the one person who could have gotten everyone away from this hell, and he chose to keep the words to himself all year long. If he was trying to help by doing so, he had made it worse. How could he have been that cruel? Now they would be forced to kill each other.

"Don't you dare pin this on me! I have enough on my shoulders. I don't want anyone to die as much as you do. Even if I talked, what can I say to make people believe me? Who would believe me? Even if they did, don't you think the mastermind behind it all would off me? Wouldn't it be suspicious if people started leaving in droves? Right now, you have a ticket out. You can leave with what you know." It wouldn't be bad if one person left here or there. Taiga would consider it a partial victory by getting the girl to walk away with what she knew. He had other plans about himself. The yakuza planned on seeing it out until the very end. There were no other available options for him.

"So...we can't tell anyone?"

This was bad. Sunoma had brought this before the student council.

"Who the fuck did you tell?"

She fucked up, big time.

"The only ones who know are the student council. They think it's just rumors and we made a pact not to tell anyone." She had hoped that it was assurance enough for Taiga. They were all very trustworthy, and the lolita entrusted them with all of the confidential information that went on in that room. To her knowledge, none of them had ever spoken of what went on in meetings unless it was mandatory for them to do so.

"Idiot!" Taiga was having none of it, however.

"I-I didn't know!" Sunoma defended herself, shouting back at the yakuza. For once, she didn’t have a backup plan. For once, she was truly clueless at what to do. "The guy who told me, he-"

"There's nothing I can do about it now. You'd better hope that nothing else gets out. If one of those guys cracks or they act shady then it's going to have a lot of consequences. None of them you're gonna be ready for." It wasn't a threat, it was a promise. He didn't want to imagine what would happen when the school was sent into pandemonium upon knowing what was going to eventually happen to them. Far more people would die at a quicker pace, and his plans for reducing death and solving the mysteries that surrounded the bloodstained walls of Shinjinku would be a miserable failure and a possible repeat of his brother's classes' fall.

"I'll make sure that they don't tell! I don't even know what will happen if everyone knows." Sunoma could only imagine it. The students, thrown into a frenzy, killing each other or running away from the school in groups. Things could only get worse from there. The lolita shook her head, ridding herself of the negative thoughts.

"People will start dying and it will be out of our control." That was exactly the thing that Taiga wanted to prevent - unnecessary deaths and an emotional breakdown so heavy and widespread that it would engulf the school in chaos.

"Why are you even here? You know everything. You know that you might die, and you're still here anyway." It was hypocritical for him to advise her to get out of the school when he knew just as much, if not more and was staying there despite the fact. What could have possibly been his reasoning for staying, knowing that his brother had already died and he could very well be next. What was he hoping to accomplish?

"I'm not gonna to let that sick fuck get away with killing my brother. What good would it do if I just ran away? If I did that, then all of you would die. This would just keep happening. That doesn't solve anything. I'm gonna fight until the end. I wanna know who the hell is behind this and why." To him, it was more than just life or death; it was the lives of the future and his brother's honor, his own honor.

Putting her balled hand to her chest, Sunoma's eyes, now full of sorrow glanced away. "I've wondered a few things about it myself. Why has no one noticed they were dead?" All of this time, no one had said anything regarding the deaths of the graduating class. It was as if they had never existed. Sunoma couldn't understand why they were seemingly wiped from the face of the earth.

"I don't get it either. There were no cases opened or anything about anyone in the graduating class. All of their documentation was destroyed and their bodies were gone. It's like someone wanted to erase their existence completely, and they paid a lotta people to shut up about it." There was no news coverage, the school wasn't shut down and not even their families worried about the fact that they were gone. These were well-known students, many of them famous and loved by a large percentage of the world's population and they just vanished without a trace.

"Even their parents and relatives?" Sunoma was shocked that literally everyone was unaffected, and acted as if their existence made no difference at all.

"This guy's a freak. He has the power to wipe out families. If you try to contact the outside world, then people start dying or disappearing." This was no normal person they were contending with, it was someone who could move mountains and make significant changes, someone who was even more powerful than he was.

"But, they can't keep everyone from knowing. Surely, someone will try and shut this place down once they find out." Sunoma wanted to believe that it would happen. She didn't want her hopes to be dashed that help would arrive and that they would all be saved from a world of hell.

"Then why hasn't it happened? Tell me that. Where is the justice system?" Taiga wanted to know. They had a year to realize it, a year to know what was going on. There was something really screwed up about it all, something he intended to find out.

"This can't be real..." Even though she knew that it was, Sunoma had somehow hoped that she would have woken up from this sick nightmare. Now, it was only the beginning of the horror that was to come.

"Welcome to your reality check. You're like pigs up for slaughter."

"There has to be some way out."

Of course there was a way out.

"Transfer."

"I can't."

"Then you have two options, stay and fight or stay and die. That's what awaits you." It was as simple as that, and Taiga knew it all too well. Staying and fighting didn't ensure living, and it might lead to dying. Even if she stayed, something else could always happen to her. The possibilities were endless when it came to the sick games that went on inside of the school.

Sunoma hung her head. "I don't want to kill anyone. I've never done such a thing. I'd never dream of such a thing." It was a moral she had always condoned, one that she would never imagine herself doing in a million years. Taking another life was beyond her, incomprehensible to the highest degree, and yet she found that right now it was her only key to living.

"Doesn't it make sense now? That's why they had you take those self defense classes. They were preparing you for the kill. If you knew one skill then you could have a chance. When it comes to graduation it'll be me against you. No holds barred. Friend against friend, sibling against sibling, whatever else there is, it's gonna come out and kill you." It was all a set-up from the beginning. They were in deep and the more time passed the deeper they would get. In the end, it wasn't going to matter how much they struggled against it or denied it, the truth was going to breathe down their throats and consume them.

That was the one thing that terrified her the most. Sunoma stared at her trembling hands, becoming worked up once more over the undeniable truth that Taiga had provided her with. Her heart slammed against her sternum, and she felt a rising illness bubbling in her stomach. "Is this life a lie? Have we just been living our lives as lies this whole time?" Sunoma felt her world crumbling on a foundation made of salt and pillars made of sand. "Things seemed so real, but are they? The air we breathe, food we eat, and the water we drink...all lies. Lately, I've woke up and felt like something is wrong. I tried to ignore the feeling but it stayed. It's like an instinct. All this time I was living a lie. Does that mean everyone's lives here are also lies? Everyone. All lies...None of it matters, friends, family, lovers...all lies. I was alone all along. This place is really a prison and we're all inmates on death row."

That fact scared her to the core. Lamar's diary was true, the haunting truth was real. He truly was a man who had killed, a man who became locked inside of a hellish purgatory, forced to commit barbaric murders and now she would relive his legacy. She would be the one struggling to stay alive, the one that would be made to kill people she once considered friends. The insanity was glaring her down, waiting for a moment when she could be vulnerable to attack and infest her like a leeching enigma.

"It's your decision how to escape. If you face it, you might be freed. Maybe when you get into the real world, you'll be better...maybe not...who knows? Remember, living a lie can be better than going back out into the real world. That depends on how your view point works." More than anyone, Taiga knew the cruelty of the real world and all of its vices. Every day is a fight, just as it will be in Shinjinku Academy. It may be a little less harsh than a battle arena but it was not any less forgiving.

"I can't do it. I can't. There's no way to stop this from happening. Everything is going to blow up in our faces. We'll run out of time. Everyone is going to die. Everyone is going to be let down. This burden is on our shoulders to protect and save them and they're just going to die. We can't fix this." Sunoma was at the point of tears. All she could think about was how much of a failure she was going to be. How she stood around a mass of dead bodies with a look of horror etched onto her features and blood splattered haphazardly around her. The voices would speak to her, asking her why she killed them, damning her for ripping their lives away so cruelly.

Was this how Lamar felt, too?

"You and I are saviors of this school. Because of them, my brother's death will be buried in my mind until the day I die. Because of them, I am a dead man inside. The horror of what happened to my brother can't be erased or changed. I don't expect you to understand what it feels like to never have a funeral for your sibling, to never find their body. I don't expect you to know what it's like to have to kill but you'll learn it soon enough. If you truly think that's what's gonna happen. I'm still going to fight against it, for his sake, for their sake. I will not let their deaths be in vain." Taiga was sure of one thing, he would lay his brother to rest or rest beside of him if it was the last thing that he ever had done. He had been through this madness enough; he had seen the black death and all that surrounded it. Taiga wanted to end the game, to stop the killing and to give his brother a proper burial, to relieve him of his worldly suffering in those final moments before graduation.

He wanted to make things even, whether or not he made them right or not.

Just then, Sunoma doubled over in pain, tears clung stubbornly to the corners of her eyes and her arms wrapped themselves around her stomach. "Why? Why would someone do this to us?" She didn't understand it at all. What could their motive be for wanting to kill that many people? Were they a thrill killer who simply killed for the fun of it?

"I don't know. That's what I wanted to know." It was what he had searched for all year long.

Taiga just wanted to make sense of everything.

Sunoma continued to cry. Her voice was trembling and her emotionless barrier had been torn down before her eyes. "I don't want to die. I don't want anyone to die."

Jolting, she felt a warm touch on her shoulder. The girl looked up to see that Taiga had laid his large hand there in a means to silently comfort her. She was glad. She needed the comfort, now more than ever and she wasn't too proud to get it from him. "You can't cry about this. You've got to do what you've gotta do and that's find a way out before it's killing time."

"I can't know where to look or what to do. I'm...so scared." It was hard to force that last part out, but it was true. She was petrified beyond all belief at knowing this information. It was as if Taiga ripped her heart apart and crudely sewn it back together. With every beat, the torn muscles only pained her more.

"Don't go getting weird on me. We'll figure something out." Taiga knew that she was emotional, but seeing her like this broke his heart. It wasn't something that he was going to admit out loud, but he hated seeing others in this kind of pain especially women. He couldn't stand to see the girl before him have such a horrible break down. For the love of god why didn't she just take his advice and agree to transfer out?

Wiping her eyes, Sunoma gazed at the offensive black stain on the sleeve of her light pink, lolita dress and then looked to Taiga as an idea hit her mind. "I've got to see if I can find something out, anything. Maybe Kraki knows. She told me that she was going to go and inspect documents. Maybe she can find something out about your brother and his class." Kraki was a world of knowledge to the student council. With her brain, she was sure that she would find something out about the graduating class. If there was anything that could be found, Kraki was the person to do it. Sunoma could count on her beyond the benefit of the doubt for all causes.

"I'm not trying to piss in your cereal but I don't think you'll find answers there." The graduating class' documents had all been destroyed. What part of that did she not understand? They couldn't find information that didn't exist.

"I have to try," Sunoma clenched her fist with a look of determination. Turning, she picked up the dorm key off of the floor from where she had dropped it and walked over to the door, placing the key in the lock before she heard a voice from behind.

"Wait."

She paused.

"What?"

"I don't know your name."

That's right. They had never formally introduced themselves to each other.

"I didn't tell you, did I?" It had completely escaped her mind. "How rude of me! I'm so sorry!"

"That's fine. We never had a formal introduction." It wasn't as if he had been any more considerate.

"I'm Sunoma Fujisaka."

"Sunoma," Taiga mused to himself, "I'll try to remember that." He was bad with names, but trying to remember meant something on his behalf. It meant he cared enough to attempt to remember it.

Grabbing a sheet of paper, he scrawled something down and ripped off a small section as the girl walked out of the door. Taiga walked over, catching her by the shoulder and handing out the piece of paper to her. "Sunoma, take this."

Taking it, the girl blinked at the folded over rectangle in her hand. "What is this?"

"It's my phone number. If you need someone to talk to, or you get scared. Don't go doing anything stupid. If you think of any more questions then call me." This was his way of saying that they would be working together as a team from this point onward. Maybe Sunoma was right. They would be the saviors of this school together. As a result, they would need to keep in contact and compile their information to see what solutions they could come up with in order to find out the cause of the killings.

Nodding, Sunoma thanked him.

Taiga then leveled her with a menacing glare. "Now, get the fuck outta here and don't you dare tell anyone else what we talked about."

The girl instantly went blue in the face. There was no way that she was going to screw up again, and
Taiga's threats made it all the harder to even wish to do such a thing. He may not have been the one to hurt a woman but that didn't mean he couldn't do other things. "No, I won't tell anyone," she fully knew her consequences if she dared to open her mouth to anyone else at school. 'This guy probably has eyes across the school. I'd be stupid to just go around and tell everyone....Besides, what can I do? I'm scared. I can't believe this is real.' She unfolded the number, looking at it for a moment before she stuffed it in her corset for safe keeping.


xXxXxXxXx



The library was spacious, with countless black shelves of any type of books that one could want, as well a networked computer system and multiple, lush areas where students could study, listen to headphones or play around and research on the computers of their choice. However, there was a room that could only be accessed by the student council, staff and faculty. It was another room that branched off of the library. Only those with special keys were allowed access to this room where an archive of the school files was kept. There were shelves of nothing but files in massive quantities and a couple of tables with black chairs where they could be ran through or sorted through by whoever entered the room. There was also a single computer with an extensive data base on all of the students currently attending and ones who would transfer in for the new year.

Up until recently, the school had used the old paper system of filing but with the new advancements in technology, it was easier to store the files electronically and the files took up far less space.

Sunoma knew that Kraki would be there, and sure enough when she opened the door the green-haired girl was busy shifting through folders of content. When she entered the room, Kraki glanced up at her.

"Did you find anything?" Sunoma inquired.

"I've looked through all of the school records and I can't find anything regarding a Lamar. Either he's using an alias, his information has been destroyed, or he doesn't exist." Kraki deduced as she straightened her glasses.

"Can't you look up something on Taiga's brother?" If Lamar wasn't giving her his real name, she at least knew that Taiga's information wasn't wrong.

"There are no files on Raiga Daifumi. There are no files on anyone. What is going on here? The more I look into the things, the more I feel like those rumors are true." It was just as the rumors had stated. It really did seem like the student files had disappeared from the face of the earth, not just for Raiga and Lamar, but for everyone who had supposedly graduated years before.




...To Be Continued