Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Demi: Book One ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Demi

Copyright: 2002

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^

Deticated to: All my friends and family who constantly help with my writing.

Book One: Freedom

CHAPTER ONE

They walked into the room with nothing on. The little children wore an expression of hate on their small faces. One's finger twitched as he thought about how to get free. They stood still as a man dressed in an army garb approached them. "Pathetic beasts! Get to your testing stations now!" They all bowed as one, and then all twenty seven-year-olds marched out of the cold metal room.

~*~*~

"Zero-zero-nine!" Yelled the man standing in a white doctors robe at the end of the long hall. Children sat still and staring on one side of the white halls. A little girl, about ten years of age, stood up and padded down the hall. A number on her plain greay gown said 009-M.

"Zero-zero-nine-M, sir," she said in a monotone to the doctor as she stood to attention at the end of the line. They started walking through big white doors and into a small lab.

She sat in a metal chair. Men in army uniforms connected small power lines to her hands and feet. She sat completely still. She didn't even flinch at all when a man slapped her face. He smirked. "Beast," he wispered as he left with the other armed men. She waited for instructions as she could feel the slight electicity flow through the wires. It made her body tingle.

"Ok, Zero-zero-nine! We're going to start now. Pick up the pencil and start drawing," a voice spoke over an intercome.

She was confused but complied anyway. She started to sketch a table. She didn't know what they wanted to see. She had never done this experiment before. She became nervous as she felt electicity slowly increase. Her heart started to beat rapidly as the power attacked her nerves and organs. She didn't know what she was suppose to do. She must be doing something wrong. She stopped drawing the perfect table and started on a person. A picture of a boy she had seen in the hall once. The electricity didn't let up as she tried hard to keep her concentration. She didn't want to be punished. Her eyes started going fuzzy and the world around her went black. She had fainted. The power was cut off immediatly as doctors flooded into the room to see if they had killed their speciman.

~*~*~

She opened her eyes to the running water. Small talking was heard over the sounds of the others brushing their teeth.

"I'm getting out. I know there is something out there beyond the black painted windows," said one of the boys. No one paid him any heed; he was always talking of escape. They knew no one had succeeded. They had seen the dead bodies that were strung up in the food hall for everyone to see. There hadn't been anyone to try in about two years.

"You have said that for a long time," she said as she walked into the 'community' bathroom. The stalls had no doors, they had no shame in seeing each other naked. They were siblings in each of their eyes.

"I'm serious this time! Are you coming with me" he looked at her dead in the eye.

"I'm not afraid," she answered. A new determination in her eyes.

"We need more," he looked at the other three. The other two girls nodded. The boy also nodded soon after. "Good! I have a plan!" Not once did any of them smile as he laid down what they were to do.

They slowly headed back to the wooden cots in the small non-lighted room. No sound was made or exchanged of words as they fell into a dream-less sleep.

~*~*~

The alarm finally sounded as the five jumped into the ocean. They dodged the bullets that were being fired from the bank. "009!" one of them yelled as a bullet tore through her body. The girl called 009 started having trouble staying to the surface.

"Zero...zero...seven!" she gasped out as she struggled with the current.

"Your not going to die," 007 held out his hand and she took it.

"I'm sorry. I tried to make it," she let go of him and started to sink.

"No! 009!" he yelled as the other three pulled him onward toward land and freedom.

__________________

Please review.