Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Faita Tankyuu ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Two 13 year olds walked down the street watching all the performances and demonstrations and presentations. A yearly festival was going on and was everything for sale. Ryo, the brother, wanted pretty much everything there was to offer. But of his older twin sister Hikari reminded him yet again their reason for the journey out of the woods.
“Sister, sister, how `bout this!”
“No brother,” Hikari sighed, “remember our purpose.”
They had been living in the woods for quite some time now after their village was burned down by a neighboring island nation. They had, so far, only had to steal once, but the money they got is already almost used up.
 
-----------------------------------------------------
Three people walked down the streets that a festival was going on at. The girl, Amaya, hated anything with too many people. The other two boys, Akira and Kogie, loved things like this. Akira and Kogie kept wanting to stop to buy stuff, but Amaya told them they had no time to stop.
They had been looking for the two people their sensei had told them had come to town 3 hours ago, but so far hadn't found them. Then Kogie at the front of a line stopped, and so did Akira. But Amaya had been at the back of the line with her eyes closed listening to the noises around her to make sure she didn't crash into anything, until then. She smacked right into to Akira, and was furious.
 
“STAY IN YOUR PLACE IN LINE, AKIRA!!!” Amaya yelled right in his ear.
“But, Kogie was the one who stopped first…” Akira winced.
“KOGIE! WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!!!”
“Look” Kogie said, pointing to two people who appeared to be about 12 to 14. “See the energy emitting from them? It's from an animal spirit.”
“You're right.” Amaya said. Then she started over toward them. She stopped abruptly in front of them and stared down. They were pretty short, especially the girl. They also appeared to be siblings, maybe even twins.
“What do you want?” the girl asked pretty rudely.
“You two need to come with us.”
“Why should we?”
“Because, we understand your life with the animal spirits inside you. And I can tell you have just suffered a tragic loss. But that's all I can tell, you seem to be very good at hiding your thoughts and emotions.”
“How do you know all of this?”
“Come with us and you will find out shortly.”
“Fine.” The girl glared and Amaya. She looked over at her brother who was standing at a booth with lots of jewelry. “Brother, get over here!” the boy ran up to the girl and handed her a necklace this two dragons and a red jewel on it.
“See what I got you sister? You can put it right under the necklace Mother gave you.”
“Thanks, let's go. We're going with them.”
“Who are they?”
“We'll both find out soon.” The girl glared up at Amaya again, and, hesitantly, followed Amaya.
 
About an hour passed by with Hikari and Ryo following the other three strange teenagers. Suddenly they stopped and lifted up a few branches. They walked in and the twins followed. There seemed to be a path. Hikari walked in immediately, but Ryo hesitated.
“Oh, come on, Brother!” She grabbed his wrist and pulled him along. Ryo grabbed onto Hikari upper arm tight as they walked. “Off me, Brother, it's not too terribly dark in here!”
“Easy for you to say, Sister! You're the one with the night vision!”
“Just…walk Brother.” She sighed, and Ryo remained quiet but very close to Ryo the rest of the trip.
 
It seemed to be about an hour later when the finally saw some light ahead. They started to walk faster, and suddenly emerged into a community of houses that all looked pretty much the same. There seemed to be about maybe 20 houses all arranged into a circle. But at what seemed to be the exact top of the circle of houses, was one bigger house. Amaya, Kogie, and Akira started walking towards the bigger house.
 
“So…are there any adults living in this house? Or no?” Hikari asked.
“Only one adult, Sensei.” Amaya said, imitating Hikari's “no emotion” voice.
“But he's a total fruit loop.” Akira said with an unreadable look on his face. Somewhere between humorous and dislike.
“So are you, Akira!” Kogie said with a smirk.
“Not nearly as much as Sensei though.”
“Actually, for once, I'll have to agree with Akira. Sensei is much more a fruit loop than Akira will, hopefully, ever be.” Amaya said also with a slight smirk.
 
They walked up to the house and all stepped inside.