Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angel ❯ The Mistake ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Fallen Angel
 

 
The world is about to change and there is only one person that can save all humanity, but will she accept her destiny?
 
~ Chapter One ~
 
 
The Mistake
 
 
School.
 
That one word made vivid blue eyes snap open; the word that held the horrible fate of Tama Toshio. Nothing made a young female teenager cringe as much as that word, especially if said female had been dubbed the biggest and scariest freak in the whole school...
 
A beautiful woman with long blonde hair that fell to mid thigh came out of thin air in the middle of the now frozen scene.
 
“Now just wait one minute, how could you start a fascinating story like THAT!? You can't just start off the day after such a tragedy...no, no, this won't do at all.”
 
The still nameless blonde female picks up what looks to be a remote control and rewinds the scene as if in a movie.
 
“Let's see, to make sure that the full effect of such tragic events is fulfilled, we shall watch at least one full school day before the...tragedy.”
 
The nameless woman disappeared almost like she was never there.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Beautiful chocolate brown eyes opened to the loud sound of her mother yelling, “HURRY UP TAMA, OR YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!” The girl, known as Tama groaned and rolled out of bed.
 
“Good morning to this sauna of a Thursday,” she whispered to no one in particular. Walking over to the closet, she opened the foreign doors and looked for something that wouldn't make her hotter then she already was in the blazing heat. Deciding that it would be best to stay away from the jeans, sweaters, and of course the cotton shirts she had gotten for Christmas, that left the `leather section' of her closet. After careful contemplation, she pulled out a black and red mid thigh pleated skirt along with a black and red corset, and then a black dragon t-shirt. After pulling on the skirt, she voted against wearing fishnets that day due to the heat and instead opted to put on ankle socks and pull on her chunky healed hooker boots. Sitting down in front of the mirror that sat on her dresser, she picked up the brush and started to get her `bed head' under control. Long, well placed strokes went through chestnut brown hair that went to the middle of her back. After what seemed like forever, she carefully set down the brush and looked at the make-up sitting there.
 
`There is no way I am wearing makeup in this heat,' she thought.
 
Tama instead opted for grabbing the red sparkly lip gloss and a half moon pendant with a diamond sitting on the tip. Giving herself the once over, she grabbed a hair elastic out of the plastic tub on the dresser and pulled her hair into a ponytail at the back, leaving two strands to fall into her face through out the day. Walking...well, more like running down the stairs, Tama grabbed her bag that was sitting by the kitchen door, took the cereal bar her mother handed her and ran out the door. Tama, once two blocks from the school slowed down to a brisk walk instead of the speed run/walk she had been doing before. Seeing the academy come into view, she kept humming the Japanese song that had been stuck in her head for what seemed like ever.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Taking another drag of his cigarette, the black haired man glanced up to show any onlooker that he had sparkling emerald green eyes, which only stood out more due to his raven black hair. A light tan adorned his skin, which only made a bigger contrast to his baggy black jean shorts and black muscle shirt with the Japanese symbol of `strength'. Why he still wore his leather coat in this heat was unknown, but he looked every bit the bad boy as he wrapped his perfect lips around the cigarette only to take another drag. Looking up at his school, the bad boy caught the amazing vision of his latest obsession...Tama Toshio. His emerald eyes followed her as she entered the school just as the electronic bell rang. With a curse, Our bad boy dropped the cigarette and stamped it out with his black combat boot, looking up he noticed someone watching him and growled. Said onlooker's eyes opened wide and he ran for the front doors of the school. He laughed and then a smirk came to his lips; that's right, he was the school bad boy...Todd Collins.
 
Looking at his watch, he silently cursed again picking up his bag. He walked to his first period class, World Religion, or as he liked to say `Official Nap Time'. Strolling into the classroom, he noticed that the only seat left was behind his obsession. Grinning like the cat that got the canary, he sat down behind her and stretched his feet out under her chair. After the announcements and attendance the lesson started and Todd opted to stare at the back of his obsession's head; until he got tired and fell asleep, that is.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Lunch Time~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Tama walked through the doors of the cafeteria, only to be stared at due to her outfit. Having been over-heated during first period, she had excused herself and went to her locker. After taking off the shirt, she stuffed it into the tiny space in the clear top of her locker and tied the strings on the front of the corset just a little tighter. The black corset looked great on her hour glass figure; the triangle of red that was on the front where it laced made her figure look even more defined than it was before. Tama silently thanked the school board for not making a dress code policy, because she knew without a doubt she would be in direct violation of the `cleavage and too much skin' law. Laughing at her own joke, she had headed back to class, only to be stared at. Not one to care, she brushed it off and the day wore on.
 
Now it was lunch time, and she couldn't wait to get some Pepsi and a chocolate bar. Soon after leaving the cafeteria, she headed to her locker to grab her sandwich and notebook. Walking down the stairs and out into the hall, Tama turned to the right and walked down to go sit in her `spot.' Passing by the `makeup Queens,' she snickered at the fact that all the `Queens' makeup was running because of their sweat. Sitting down in the indent of the structured wall, she pulled out her sandwich, notebook, and black pen. Flipping open the cover, she was determined to get a good start on her latest English assignment: writing a ten page story for next Monday. Finding a blank page near the unprotected back and making a mental note to buy a new notebook, she started on the assignment. Deciding that a kind of fantasy versus reality sounded good, she began to write creatively, totally oblivious to the selective society of women slowly approaching her.
 
“Oh look, its Tama, Queen of the Moon,” a mean girl stated glaring at Tama.
 
Without even looking up, the girl that was insulted answered, “Oh, how nice it is to see you, Akuma Leiko...or should I say `Satan of arrogance'?” Tama made sure to put lots of sarcasm onto the `how nice' in order to get the rather difficult point across.
 
“Oh, it seems someone either has a death wish or that scum actually thinks she's better than me,” Akuma stated with anger that was quick to become rage.
 
Without missing a beat, Tama answered, “It wouldn't take much to be better than you.”
 
If you had been walking by at the time that was said, you would have seen an anime cartoon girl with steam puffs coming out of her ears, as Akuma practically screamed, “YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT, HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT ME!”
 
Unnoticed by the group, an onlooker watched in silence.
 
`Who would have guessed my beautiful obsession had it in her to openly talk back to not only the meanest girl in school, but also the richest,' Todd thought. Smirking, our bad boy decided to make his presence known.
 
“Hey ladies, and what are you up to on this bloody hot day?” he asked with his best `I'm really interested smile.' He almost gagged when they told him that he should come over sometime to hang out. After they left, he looked down at Tama. `Well now is a good a time as any to introduce myself to her,' he mused.
 
“Um...”
 
`Real smooth man,' he thought to himself.
 
“I'm Todd, I sit behind you in Religion...actually, we also have that media class together. Since we need to pick partners for the assignment she gave us today, I was wondering if you would like to start now...”Todd trailed off, feeling slightly embarrassed since he was out of his `element,' so to speak.
 
Tama looked up at him and blushed, quickly averting her gaze from his beautiful emerald eyes.
 
“Um... sure, why don't you sit down, and we can decide how we want to go about doing this,” Tama said as she finished putting away her notebook and took out her media binder.
 
For the entire lunch period, they sat against the sculptured wall talking about the project and the group they dubbed as the `Barbie's' of the school. When the bell rang signaling that lunch was over, she gave him another triumphant look.
 
“So Friday after school, we take a video camera with us and film all Friday evening and Saturday, and initially start some editing on Sunday right?” Tama asked for clarification.
 
“Yup, we would have to stop at my house first to get everything, but yup Friday's the day,” Todd assured her.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~END OF DAY~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
The next morning, it was the same routine; the only difference was that instead of black and red leather today, she pulled out black jean shorts that had a glittery stamp on the back pocket saying `Goddess' in silvery ink. Pulling on an emerald green corset with black highlights, she walked over to the dresser and grabbed an elastic and put her hair up into a messy bun. After pulling on her socks and black and red running shoes, she was out of her room in a flash. Once downstairs she ran for the door, grabbed her bag and of course the cereal bar that was again shoved in front of her face as she ran out the door.
 
`Why do I keep doing this to myself?' she wondered. `I wake up late, jump around like a monkey on crack, and then end up sweating buckets before I even get to school.'
 
Tama sighed as she saw the private academy again come into her view, just as she heard the electronic bell ring. Running to her locker to dump off her extra books, she high tailed it to her first period class, after of course reapplying her deodorant. Walking into the classroom she sat down in front of Todd, her media partner; with a quick “Hey,” she turned to listen to the announcements and wait for the roll call. Before Tama knew it, her first two classes had gone by, and now she was headed for her English class. Oh how she loathed that English class; not due to the teacher or by reason of the subject. But because of her classmates, Akuma Leiko sat right beside her along with her `sheep.' Not only that, but Todd, the school bad boy, was also in the class. Now don't get her wrong, she was fine actually more than fine with the fact that Todd was in there, it was the fact that Akuma and her `sheep' constantly bleating at her about her crush on him. Not that he had heard about it because if he had, she would have been toasted already.
 
The class went by without too much trouble. Well, until Akuma opened her big mouth. After standing up and moving to the front of the class, Akuma had started to broadcast to the class just what Tama thought of Todd. What Akuma did wasn't nice, without saying a lot, but what happened next would be constantly remembered for years to come. Tama, while trying to keep her blush at bay AND avoid his eyes, was also struggling with a voice that seemed to whisper in her ear. The voice whispered:
 
`This darkness troubles me. I yearn for the light. This silence is so deep. I long for voices... the drumming of rain, the whistle of wind...music... why are you being so cruel to me? Let me see. Let me hear. Let me live. I beg of you. I am so lonely in this bottomless pit of darkness. I am lost. You believe I have no heart. However, if I have no heart, what is this ache? What is this anguish? If I have no heart, what is it that threatens to break inside me? This darkness is haunted. I am afraid in here. I am lost and afraid in here. Have you no compassion? Have you no heart? Have you no love for your only child? No love for me? Why must you let this darkness consume me? Why must you hate me so? What did I ever do to you? Why? Why? WHY!?! These questions have no answers, for I am nothing in here but a voice. A voice in your head whispering...whispering until you wish me away. Even so, in this crucial time I will not leave, for your true self must come out. You are and always will be the “Goddess of the Moon.”'
 
With the last four words ringing in her head, her body started to get numb. It started at her feet and worked its way up, consuming her entire body. Slowly, she started to rise up out of the desk and into the air as high as the ceiling would let her. With a burst of white light and a high-pitched scream of pure agony, the girl of 17 years turned into something else. Chestnut brown hair grew down to mid thigh and slowly turned to a silky raven black; blood red streaks were soon pulled through her hair. Once an innocent chocolate brown color, her eyes snapped open...ld not to reveal chocolate but blue, the most vivid blue you have ever seen. Her irises were rimmed with what looked to be silver. Her eyelashes seemed to have permanent black mascara and eyeliner.
 
Once pink lips turned a blood red that sparkled in the light. What appeared to be the silver from her necklace seemed to flow over her body and form into a corset. The corset was black leather, and had a triangle of silver on the front were it laced up; it came to just above her belly button. The molten silver kept going though, sliding down her body to cover the shorts that she wore. As the extra silver faded away, she was left wearing a black and silver pleated thigh-length skirt with silver chunky healed hooker boots. Once innocent looking fingernails had turned into what seemed to be. Silvery claws. With a rather loud groan, Tama gently drifted back into her chair. She was unconscious, but not for long. In about two minutes she was awake. Realizing that she had transformed in front of her entire class, Tama grabbed her bag and ran for her home, forgetting all about the media assignment she had to do with Todd.
 
Todd watched Tama change in front of his very eyes.
 
`Wow,' Todd considered. `I would have never thought that her last name would actually make HER the “Goddess of the Moon.” I guess it would make sense that she would be the Goddess but why did the `Chosen One' come as a mere child? Not only that, but this child now had the impressive figure of a 17 year old girl.'
 
Todd watched as she fell back into her chair. At first he worried about his obsession, but soon his worry turned to wonder as she got up with grace known only to an angel. With speed unknown to all humankind, she bolted from the room with silvery blue tears still coursing down her cheeks.
 
“TAMA, WAIT! TAMA!” Todd's cry to her fell upon ears that refused to listen as she fled from the scene that would forever haunt her every waking thought.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ In Tama's Room~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
`Why? WHY?! Why did you do this to me? Why did you eventually take hold over my body in class? Thanks to you, I will never be able to go back into that classroom, let alone the school.'
 
Tears of pain, rage and pent-up frustration slid down her cheeks in silvery-blue streaks. Bowing her head in the black and red pillow on her bed, she cried herself into a dreamless sleep. Downstairs, her mother was worried for her child. She had always known that her daughter would end up as such. Nevertheless, with the little information she had been given on the transformation, she assumed that it would happen when Tama was the equivalent of 18. She never had understand why her daughter would have such a burden put on her, but everything was about to become clear as the door bell rang.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Racing out of the classroom, Todd ran after the girl who had drawn him in. Ten minutes after Tama had gotten home, he arrived at her door.
 
“Hello, and who, may I ask, are you?” Tama's mother addressed the agitated young man at her front door.
 
“Hey Ms. Toshio, is Tama here?” Todd asked as politely as he could under the circumstances.
 
“Um...yes, she is. Just let me go and get her. Better yet, why don't you go up and see her? She seemed really upset when she got home.”
 
With that Ms. Toshio moved out of the way, and let the school bad boy into her home. Smiling politely at the woman in front of him, he nodded his head and hurried into the spacious house and towards the stairs that were to the left of him.
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1