Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Fang and Fur ❯ villan ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 10

Meanwhile, miles away set in dark, high peaked mountains thunder boomed and threatened rain and lightning but only the sky remained dark. Inside, deep inside the long, dark, slime covered tunnels and up to longer, torch lit hallway that twisted and turned in labyrinthine patterns; wound its way through an old castle. At the end of one of these particular winding passageways was a dark, mildly lit throne room. In this room a vampire raged, while servant and beasts alike cowered in fear of his wrath. "TWICE!! NOT ONCE BUT TWICE! They have been allowed to escape twice, thrice in the case of the vampire! It's nothing but sheer incompetence. Fools! Can you do nothing right?" the vampire roared in rage, glaring at two servants with blood-red eyes.
"Sorry milord, we didn't know of their entrance in the fort until they had reached the woods. It was a sheer accident, and we have sent guards to hunt them down." one of the petrified servants muttered.
"Fools! If they can't stop them how would they catch them? You, servant, bring Him to me. Now!" the poor servant boy fled in haste to obey his master’s orders. "And you two will be imprisoned for now until I find a suitable punishment for you. Take them away." he waved his hand dismissively as another man entered. Garbed in black leather breeches and a leather vest with a black onyx pendent choker, he wouldn't seem too dangerous, but his natural white hair and sharp, cold, blue eyes almost screamed predator.
"You summoned me milord?" he asked in a calm, icy voice.
"Yes." he hissed, motioning for the adolescent to come closer. "My experiments have escaped and the usual guards are foolish and incompetent, therefore incapable of retrieving them. They are both in the company of the Hybrid's ex-guardian. He can die if you wish, I care not for him, but the others must be brought to me alive. Quickly. Do you understand?" he hissed.
"Of course, milord. Consider them yours." the boy bowed. The head vampire smiled,
"Ah, Mercury you are such a comfort to me. Go, I will see you upon your return." he waved him away affectionately.

His white hair streamed behind him as it freed itself from his fallen hood. He ran faster every time he caught the fresh scent. He also cursed every time he lost it and had to waste time in recovering it. The hybrid had collapsed just outside the fortress, poisoned it seemed, Master Agro would be very displeased when he heard about that. It seemed that the enhanced vampire had healed her by letting her feed, or something similar, because her blood stained the ground as well. Something had happened, and the hybrid fled, where she fed on a large herd of elk, half of the herd in one area and the rest in another. But all were dead, drained of their blood. He realized her power scared her; he might be able to use that to his advantage. He listened to their discussion of their next move; they seemed to be heading towards a small village. He decided to run on ahead and ambush them. With a grin, he slipped away into the darkness to run and wait.