Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Felix Felicis ❯ Nightmares ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Come on, Felix, wake up!" someone said, shaking my shoulder rapidly.
 
I groaned. "Nooo..Go away..." I muttered into my pillow.
 
"But Felix, Dad wants you!" The voice complained.
 
I groaned one more time for emphasis before sitting up. Of course he was there, leaning against my wall, facing me but looking extremely bored.
 
"What exactly does Dad want, Sam?" I asked my older brother, growling.
 
"Nothing."
 
"THEN WHY DID YOU WAKE ME UP?!" I growled, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him.
 
"Fara, Rauni, and Angel have been nagging me for hours. 'When will Felix be up? Is she up now? Will you go get her?' Jeez, Felix, you have some weird friends." Sam complained, walking out of the room.
 
Before I could even consider laying back down, let alone getting more sleep, three girls ran into my room. "Good afternoon, Felix." Angel said pointedly.
 
I laughed sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck with one hand. "Would you look less scary if I told you that I had a new drawing? I asked.
 
Her face brightened, going from terrifying to pretty in half a second. "Yup."
 
I tossed her my sketchbook from my bedside table. "Enjoy." I said flatly. I looked around to see why Fara and Rauni weren't participating in the conversation. I sighed when I saw them.
 
They were on my computer - somehow they hacked in - and were editing their website. 'Perverts Anonymous'.
 
"Guys!" I complained.
 
They both turned around very slowly. "Sorry."
 
~
 
"No! NO!" I cried, stumbling back. Lying on the floor, dead, were my father and brother. Standing over them was the one man I have ever obeyed: Sanji Argott.
 
"Murderer." I growled at him. He smiled, still devilishly handsome with blood splattering his perfect face.
"Yeah." He replied, smirking.
 
"MURDERER!" I cried again, throwing a particularly rancid smoke bomb at the man before running into the night.
 
~
 
I sat up, screaming. I couldn't see anything, but I felt someone's presence next to me. My assumption was correct, seeing as a hand covered my mouth.
 
"Will you please be quiet?" Asked an annoyed voice.
 
I pulled the hand off my mouth, gasping for air. I fell back down onto whatever I had been laying on. It felt like a bed, but I still couldn't see very much.
 
Once I had enough air to say anything, I whispered, "Sorry." It felt awkward, apologizing to a stranger.
 
I was silent for a while, letting my eyes adjust to the dark. Eventually, I could make out the outline of a boy, about my age. He must have noticed me looking at him, because he then spoke. "Why were you screaming?" He asked.
 
"Nightmare." I answered automatically. "Um...Where am I?" I asked.
 
"Secret Forces HQ." Replied the boy, flipping on a light. Not super bright, but now my eye had more adjusting to do. Once they were done, I looked at the boy.
 
He had rather long brown hair and the strangest champagne red eyes. His clothing was that of a fighter, like me. Loose black pants and a black under armor shirt; His was the t-shirt variety, unlike my halter-top version.
 
"Secret Forces? You're joking, right?" I asked, incredulous. "Secret forces is an elite group of fighters - sometimes considered criminals because of all the assassinations they're assigned- and you're telling me that I'm there?"
 
"Here." He corrected. "Um, who are you, anyways?" He asked, sounding awkward.
 
"Feli - Wait, why should I tell you?" I asked flippantly.
 
"Oh, the boy who saved your life just informed you where you were but the little girl who should be thankful won't even tell him her name?" The boy replied sarcastically.
 
"I don't see you telling me your name." I pointed out.
 
"Did you ask?"
 
"No. Your point?"
 
"What is your name?"
 
"What's yours?"
 
"Sedo."
 
"Don't you have a last name?"
 
"Nope."
 
"I'm Felixia Conjure, but people call me Felix." I replied, suddenly going from annoying to sweet. "Pleasure to meet you, Sedo." I giggled at the name.
 
"What?" He asked, completely aggravated.
 
"Dude, your name means safe and you're an assassin. Did you miss the irony of that?" I asked incredulously.
 
"What makes you so sure I'm an assassin?" He asked, still annoyed.
 
"You have blood under your nails." I said, grabbing at one of his hands to prove my point.
 
"Okay, fine." He replied. "So you know what happens when you get me angry."
 
I saw right through his threat, but didn't reply to that. Instead, I changed the subject. "Why am I here?" I asked.
 
"...We found you." Sedo seemed slightly reluctant to answer. "You were lying unconscious in the woods. We thought you'd collapsed, but Dolo recognized you."
 
"Who's-?" I was interrupted by a knock on the door.
 
"Hey, Sedo, your shift is over. Has she woken up ye- Op, yeah." Another boy said, walking in, not bothering t wait for an invitation. "Hiya." He said to me.
 
"That's Dolo." Sedo said, jerking a thumb at the other boy.
 
Dolo sat down on the edge of the cot I was still sitting on. "Actually, it's Dolosus, but Dolo's easier to say. And you are?"
 
"Felixia Conjure." I replied. He stuck out his hand and I shook.
 
"Whoa, you've got a hell of a grip. I can see why Rector wanted you." He said, releasing my hand.
 
"Rector? Leader?" I asked. "So there's two options here. I'm about to be eliminated or recruited."
 
"Why would you be eliminated?" Sedo asked.
 
"Um...No reason I can think of..." I said thoughtfully. Except being framed for the deaths of my father and brother. I added in my mind.