Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Felix Felicis ❯ Is This Going to Happen a Lot? ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"I think it's because we both wanted to escape what we thought was a worse fate. I guess it shows that we're both idiots, no matter how reluctant we are to admit it..." I quoted, smiling. The book in my hands was shaking slightly, and I didn't know why.
 
"I'm sorry, what?" Someone asked.
 
I jumped, dropping my book. I clutched at my test, gasping for air. "Why...the hell...did you do that?" I asked, looking up at Dolo.
 
"Sedo told me that Rector told him to go get you. Apparently, it's time for your test." He said. "Come on, you don't want to be late."
 
I jumped up, leaving my book on the floor, and followed Dolo down the hall, practically running to catch up. "Can't I at least change? I've been wearing these dumb civilian clothes since yesterday!" I complained, grabbing at my skirt to prove my point. "And why now? It must be, like, three AM." I looked at my watch. Yup, three.
 
"Hell if I know, I'm just the messenger." He replied.
 
"But you weren't supposed to be, were you? Does Sedo know what this is all about?" I asked as he finally slowed down.
 
"No more than me, I think. Good luck." He said, gesturing to the door.
 
I gulped and walked through. The second the door closed the room was pitch black.
 
"Welcome." A voice said, booming through the darkness. A small light appeared, and grew more and more until I could see where I was.
 
It was a small, but cozy room. The furniture, walls, and wooden floor all followed the same color scheme. Light blue and brown. Most interesting, though, was that there was a very pretty woman sitting behind a desk, looking at me curiously.
 
"Please take a seat." She said kindly, gesturing to a pair of comfortable-looking chairs across from her.
 
I cautiously sat, positioning myself so I could keep her and the door in sight.
 
"Very good." She said, smirking. "But you have no reason to fear me. Yet, that is. I only wanted to tell you that, after digging a bit, we've been waiting to get out hands on you."
 
"Um...What?" I asked confused. "You mean, I'm really in Secret Forces?"
 
The girl nodded.
 
"So...you're Rector?" I asked.
 
"Yup. Kind of a shock, huh?" She asked, nodding sagely. "Anyways, do tell Sedo that you're in and tell him that you get a room and clothes."
 
"I would if I could. I have no idea where he is." I explained.
 
"He's waiting right outside the door. He and Dolo just switched." Rector explained. "Well, go on!"
 
I got up quickly and left at the same pace. Just as soon as I closed the door, Sedo looked up from his apparent staring contest with the floor. "Oh, you're still alive?" He asked, casually. I nodded, feeling nauseous.
 
"She said for you to get me a room and some non-civilian clothes." I said, leaning against the wall for support and keeping my eyes closed.
 
"So you're in?" He asked incredulously, starting to walk down the hall. When I didn't follow, he came back. "Um...You okay?" He asked.
 
"No." I answered, swaying slightly. I started sliding down the wall, but he caught me.
 
"Here," He bent down slightly, picking me up easily. "You're clearly not fit to walk. What happened?" He asked as he started walking. I could tell that he was purposely lightening his steps so I wouldn't feel any worse.
 
"I don't know." I mumbled. "Maybe I'm coming down with a cold?" I suggested, eyes still closed. I felt a cool hand on my forehead.
 
"Ouch! Damn it!" I heard Sedo curse. "Felix, you're burning up."
 
"Sorry." By now, I doubted he could hear me.
 
"S'okay, I'll survive a third-degree burn." He said. That was good. If he had room to be sarcastic, I'd be just fine. I hope so.
 
After that, things faded.
 
~
I got the feeling of being very warm, but with one peculiar sensation. Cold air was blowing on my forehead. I opened my eyes, well, as much as I could.
 
All I could see was a high ceiling. Suddenly, a shiver ran through me. It was that annoying one that made your whole body jerk. I couldn't suppress a gasp, either.
 
I could feel someone looking at me. I opened my eyes again, with no recollection of closing them.
 
I was staring right into the face of Sedo. Or rather, he was right above me. I jumped, gasping slightly again.
 
I rolled over onto my right side, facing Sedo but buried under a blanket, obscuring my vision. "What happened?" I mumbled into my pillow.
 
"You passed out after you met Rector. I spoke to her and she said that it was probably the same thing you had when you collapsed the first time. How're you feeling?" He asked kindly. I felt some weight on my legs. "Oops, sorry." Sedo said, moving to get up.
 
"You can stay there, it feels nice." I mumbled. It took me a moment to realize that I hadn't answered him. "I guess I'm okay." I tried to sit up. I made it, shockingly, but I got that lightheaded heeling you get when you get up to fast. I put my hands on either side of my head and squeezed my eyes closed.
 
I felt Sedo's hand on the small of my back, holding me against his chest. "Easy, there. You okay?"
 
I took a couple of deep breaths before answering. "Uh...Yeah, I'm alright."
 
Sedo gave me an amused look. "You need a little more rest." He said, somehow finding my pain amusing.
 
"No...I'm okay now. Really." I said, pushing away slightly. I slid my legs out from under him, glancing at a clock. It was only about eight in the morning. "Good thing I wasn't out for very long. I don't suppose there's a kitchen nearby?" I asked.
 
"Yeah. I'm kinda hungry too, actually..." Sedo replied.
 
I looked at him, partially surprised. "You haven't eaten yet?"
 
"No."
 
"Why?"
 
"Because."
 
"Because...Why?"
 
"I couldn't. I was stuck here."
 
"What, did Rector say that you had to stick around."
 
"Yes, but I would have anyways."
 
"Ahhh...So I have a new shadow, then?"
 
"Hope you don't mind. Me and Dolo are your new partners." Sedo said. "Um...Are you gonna change out of your civilian clothes any time soon? I heard you complaining about them at, like, three in the morning."
 
"Not with you anywhere near, no. Get out and I will." I said, both pleased that he had remembered and slightly annoyed that I was stuck with a pair of guys.
 
Sedo complied, leaving my to the first voluntary solitude I've had in almost a week. The very first thing I did was dig my iPod out of my bag (I took it with me when I left home.) and set it into my waiting iLive, turning it up enough to fully wake me up and keep me entertained.
 
I didn't dance around like an idiot THIS time, but instead chose to find something to wear. I figured that a pair of comfy black pants, a black under armor shirt, and a comfy grey zip-up sweatshirt (my favorite one, with a music note above my chest) would do. After all, it was only breakfast.
 
I fixed my messy brown hair, too, which had been let down (probably my Sedo so I could lie down comfortably) into a long braid, handing down my back, reaching my waist. I tied a two black ribbons around both ends, perfect for the "kawaii" look.
 
I took my iPod back, turning off the dock, and grabbing a pair of headphones, I left the room, flipping off the light as I left.
 
Sedo was staring at the ceiling, and just sighed impatiently. "Hmm? Oh, you're done." He gave me a quick once over. He smiled, shaking his head slightly.
 
"What?" I asked, feeling self conscious.
 
"Nothing, come on." He said, strolling off down the hall.
 
I rolled my eyes. "Boys." I sighed.