Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Two, Chapter Nine: Fight for Love ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fight for Love
Love can be kicked in the side at times. Ryo and Kagome painfully learned that one.
Monday.
The couple came to class together. All eyes stared upon them. Kagome leaned over to her boyfriend.
“What’s going on?” she whispered. Ryo shrugged. Then, the students whispered among themselves. The couple’s stomachs turned. One girl turned to them.
“Miyahara-san?” she asked. Kagome eyed her. The girls didn’t speak for a few minutes. Kagome blinked.
“Yeah?” she asked. The girl didn’t speak at first. She shuffled her feet a bit.
“Is it true…” the girl began.
“What?” Kagome asked.
“Is it true?”
“What is it?”
The girl held back a giggle. Kagome raised an eyebrow.
“What’s so funny?” she asked. The other girl breathed to calm down.
“That your mother has had many lovers before she moved back here?” she finished. Kagome’s eyes shot wide open.
“What?!?” she yelled. “No!” Everyone stared at her. Kagome hid behind Ryo.
“No!” her boyfriend said. “That’s a lie!” Kagome held onto Ryo’s arm. Eyes stayed fixed on them. The boyfriend frowned.
“Why would you say that?” he asked. The other students looked away sheepishly. The hell brought the discomfort. The couple took their seats. Kagome lowered her eyes the whole time. Ryo’s heart ached for her.
It didn’t end that morning either.
The stares and whispers followed Kagome all over the school.
“Her mother’s an adulteress.”
“How many men has Miyahara-san’s mother slept with?”
“Maybe that’s why she left Ryo’s dad!”
“Poor man.”
“What a slut!”
“Think Kagome’s the same?”
“Wouldn’t put it past her.”
“Like mother, like daughter.”
Kagome naturally couldn’t take it. But, Ryo took it worse. By the last class, his blood turned.
Liars, he thought. They don’t know anything about Kagome-chan and Michiko! He looked over at his girlfriend. Kagome looked like she wanted to disappear into the floor. His heart turned in his chest.
Kagome…, he thought. Ryo clenched his pencil so hard that his fingers began to hurt.
I swear, he thought. I will defend your honor. I will find the dragon’s head and cut it off. I won’t let you down!
That sounds noble and all, yet does the enemy seen closer than he thinks? The whole time, their homeroom teacher watched them.
Hot Enemy on the Loose