Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Three, Chapter Twenty: Welcome Home, Baby Girl ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Welcome Home, Baby Girl
Summer is coming. Today is really important, however. This day took so much convincing. Hideki and Ryo had to sell it good.
“Michiko-chan,” the dad said in bed. “You don’t have to leave here every morning.”
“But I do,” she said as she buttoned her blouse in the mirror. “I don’t live here anymore. We got divorced and Kagome and I moved out.”
“You could…” he mumbled ever so innocently. His girlfriend looked at him funny.
“What?” she asked.
“You could move back in with us,” Hideki said, sitting. “I mean, might as well. We’re dating again, so why not?” Michiko blinked at him.
“So… you want us to live together… again?” she asked.
“Yes!” her boyfriend said. He paused for a few seconds. “Please?” Hideki asked. Michiko couldn’t speak for the longest time.
“Uh…” she said. Her face turned bright red. The woman lowered her head.
“I’ll think about it,” she mumbled. Hideki gave her a small shrug.
“Take your time if you have to,” he said. “Have a good day at work.” Michiko slowly nodded. She didn’t speak as she left the room. That was attempt number one.
Evening came and father and son began plotting. They wanted the same thing. But how to achieve it? Ryo looked over at Hideki.
“Well?” he asked. His father shrugged.
“Oh,” his son said. The boy sighed at this dilemma.
“I’ll talk to Kagome tomorrow,” he said. Hideki perked up.
“Will you? Thanks!” he said. Ryo gave him a nervous laugh. A sweat drop formed on his forehead.
The next day at school, Ryo found Kagome at her locker.
“Hello, baby,” he greeted her. She looked up and saw her boyfriend walking over to her. A little smile came on her face.
“Ryo-kun!” she exclaimed. “How are you?”
“I’m good,” he said. “Hey, look, I need to talk to you about something.”
“What?” Kagome asked. Ryo leaned on the neighbor locker.
“Our house has been really lonely without you,” he said.
“Is that right?” she asked. Ryo nodded at her. She looked at him still. Ryo had to go in and say it.
“Listen,” he said. “Please move in with us. It drives dad crazy and me too.” Kagome gave him a blank stare.
“Huh?” she asked. Ryo pressed his palms together and bowed his head.
“Please?” he pleaded. Just talk to mum for us.”
“O… kay…” Kagome murmured.
“Thanks, babe,” Ryo said. Kagome gave him a nervous chuckle. That was attempt number two.
That evening, father and son sat in the living room watching TV.
“Now what?” Ryo asked.
“We wait,” his dad answered. Both men sighed. Waiting is no fun.
The week flew by and no word came. The girls tried to avoid the subject. Father and son stood at a loss. They sat in the dining room by Sunday morning. Ryo turned to his dad.
“Now what?” he asked. Hideki shrugged.
“Well,” he said. “Looks like it’s a no.” Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Both boys looked up. They rushed to the door.
“Who is it?” Hideki asked.
“Michiko,” his girlfriend replied. Both boys became excited.
“Is Kagome with you?” Ryo asked.
“I’m here,” his girlfriend said. Both boys grew excited.
“Yes?” Hideki asked.
“Aren’t you going to let us in?” Michiko asked. “Or will we have to standing outside all day? We have our luggage with us!” The boys looked up with big eyes. Luggage?
“You mean…” Hideki spoke up.
“Yes,” his girlfriend said. “We’re moving back in. Now let us in already!” The boys smiled at the news. Hideki unlocked the door and let them in. It was official: Miyahara Kagome and Michiko were back for good.
“Welcome home,” Hideki greeted them with a grin.
“We’re home,” Michiko replied, smiling.
Welcome Home