Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Five, Chapter Thirty-Three: His Mission ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

His Mission

-Ryo-

I sent Setsuna-senpai a text message ten minutes earlier. I waited in the school garden. Kagome-chan's doing her part right now. I hope she nailed it. I looked down at my cell phone. Setsuna-senpai should be showing up… right… now.

“Ryo-kun?” I heard her ask. I turned to see Setsuna-senpai walking over to my bench. When the curtain rose, I put on my best smile.

“Good morning,” I greeted her. “How are you today?” Setsuna-senpai raised an eyebrow at me.

“Are you feeling okay?” she asked.

“Of course,” I said. “Why wouldn't I be?” She took a seat next to me in caution.

“What do you want?” she asked. I gave her an innocent shrug.

“I just want to talk.”

“Okay… What's on your mind?”

I had to sell this really good. Seiho was simple at times, but Setsuna is much shaper. She already suspected that I'm up to something. I needed to ease her for this to work.

“Have you ever been in love?” I asked. She tilted her head at me.

“Where did this come from?” she asked.

“Well, have you?” I asked.

“I guess…” she said. I looked at her with peeked interest.

“With who?” I asked. Her cheeks turned bright red.

“I can't say,” she mumbled under her breath. I gave her a catlike grin.

“Oh!” I say aloud. She hit me on the arm.

“Shut up!” Setsuna-senpai hissed.

“Ow,” I muttered. I lifted my head. “Say are you doing anything this Friday?” I asked. Her cheeks turned a brighter red.

“Oh… uh… no!” she yelped. “No! I'm completely free!” Her reaction gave me reason for concern. Oh…

“Uh… I'm not asking you out or anything,” I quickly say. “I was just curious.” The glow faded from her face.

“Oh,” she said.

“Hey,” I spoke up. “Don't feel bad! Seiho will be free then too.” A puzzled look came over her face.

“Seiho?” Setsuna-senpai asked.

“Yeah!”

“But why?” she asked. I grabbed her by her hands.

“Please?” I asked. “Do it for me?” Setsuna-senpai raised an eyebrow at me.

“You're up to something, aren't you?” she asked.

“Please?”

“Ryo-kun…”

“Please?” I threw in the baby voice and puppy dog eyes for an extra measure. Setsuna puffed up her cheeks and looked away.

“Fine,” she muttered. “I'll go out with him!” Lucky! I bowed my head at her.

“Thank you!” I said aloud. “You won't regret this.” I didn't notice the look of doubt she gave me. She'll thank me later.

Phase one complete; now onto phase two.

Strike: Love