Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Ten, Chapter Sixty-Five: Seeds of the Future ( Chapter 65 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Seeds of the Future

-Ryo-

My plans began with a simple question.

“Ryo-kun,” Kagome-chan said in my bed. “What do you plan to do after high school?” I rolled over onto my stomach.

“Marry you,” I said. “And go to college.”

“Is that all?” she asked. I lifted my head.

“Huh?” I asked.

“What about a job?” she asked. “Where are we going to live? Do you want kids?”

“I don't know…” I mumbled. I noticed the look on her face.

“What?” I asked.

“That's not enough,” she said. “You need a job. I need a job. We need money for a wedding.”

“Did something happen?”

Kagome-chan shook her head. “I saw the guidance counselor on Friday.”

“What do you want to do?” I asked.

“I want to go college,” she said. “I do want to marry you. I also want to be a teacher.”

“Oh. What grade?”

“Kindergarten.”

I whistled. “Wow! I applaud you.”

“What do you want to do after college?”

I frowned in thought. “I don't really know.” I rubbed my head.

“I've thought about things like that,” I said. Kagome frowned and shook her head.

“That isn't enough,” she said. “We need a plan for our future. I want to have a secure future for our children.” I about fell out of bed.

“Children?!” I yelped.

“Shhh,” Kagome whispered. I struggled for two minutes before I closed my mouth. She smiled, patting my shoulder.

“Not yet,” she whispered. “We need stability first.” Ryo blinked.

“When did you get so mature?” I asked. She pressed her forehead against mine.

“Since we're getting married,” Kagome-chan said. I kissed her on the lips. She rolled over onto her back, pulling me on top. I looked down, smiling.

“I like this future already,” I said. I leaned down and kissed her again.

“Where are you going for college?” I asked.

“I don't know yet,” Kagome said. I kissed her again.

“Let me know when you do decide,” I said. “I want to come with you.” Kagome threw her arms around my neck. I sank into another kiss.

Steps Closer