Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Game of Revenge ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N:: hey everybody! Thank you for the reviews! ^___^ As stated earlier, I fixed a few things, and I went through the whole thing again and edited it myself.
Anyways, enjoy!
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------
Days are funny things. Sometimes they last eons, each second dragging on until finally pushing the next one forward. But sometimes they are as dominos, blink and it's all over. This is the way the days passed for Kyle. The first two days and nights were a blur of speed, his feet stumbling over the rough stone until his legs were on fire, but still he ran on blindly, hoping just to get as far away from the place as possible. The place where everything had gone wrong.
On the third day he had to stop. The soles of his shoes were wearing through, and he was hungry and tired beyond belief. But at least one thing had gone right, Kyle was now in the very outskirts of the city, where the cops wouldn't think to look for him, he couldn't possibly have gotten this far. So Kyle risked going to a local market to buy food with the little money that he had taken from the dead cop's wallet. He had never been to the country before. His whole life had been submerged in the dank city slums, fighting to stay alive. Here the air was clean, the light uninterrupted by buildings, and the sounds of the birds unmarred by the clatter of carriages. Kyle bought a few meat pies from a vendor, then wandered down the lines of tables laden with wares and produce, observing the activity around him, the bright colors, and the happiness. He came upon a group of young men about his age, 18, and they called out to him.
“Hey you, I haven't seen you around here before.” One of the boys said, “Where're you from?”
Kyle judged his answer carefully, then decided that the truth was safe. Or, at least, the general truth.
“The city.” He replied, pointed towards where the smoke rose lazily from the vague mass of black buildings. The boy nodded.
“I'm Tom, and these are my buddies, Harry, Alex, and Will.” As he said their names he pointed to each in turn. “What's your name?”
“I'm Edward.”