Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gray Sky ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Damian arrived home with an urgent need to sketch. He saw Ashling sitting outside, drinking from a crystalline glass.
 
He quickly gathered a large piece of drawing paper, an easel, and pencils. He made a sketch of himself holding Carrie.
 
His arm was around her waist and he was kissing her neck. Carrie's neck was slightly tilted, her hair fell off to the side, her eyes were closed and her mouth was slightly open.
 
Ashling walked passed him and smiled. She could see that Damian was absorbed in what he was doing. His eyes were squinted and his mouth was pouted in concentration.
 
She didn't disturb him. It had been awhile since he had drawn anything. She decided to let him be and walked back outside.

~*~

Carrie punched Bryan in the jaw and slammed the door in his face. She hurriedly locked every door and window in her house. She ran to her room to put on dark blue jeans and a white t-shirt. She went to her living room. All the lights were off and it was pitch black. She was scared.
 
Outside, Bryan smiled as he rubbed his face. That girl could certainly throw a punch. Perhaps he was too forward with her? He shrugged, got back into his truck, and pulled away.
 
Carrie peered through her window just as he was leaving the driveway. She sighed.
 
I cannot let them know about this, but I should tell them since they are in mortal danger, she thought. She shook her head. Not now, later. She was exhausted.

~*~

Trace and Tyler were sitting outside since the weather was perfect. There wasn't any humidity and it wasn't too hot.
 
They saw Carrie pull up and get out of her car. She looked haggard. She walked up to Trace and handed him an envelope. The fire chief gave her a confused look.
 
“It's the five hundred dollars,” was the answer she gave him. She walked inside.
 
The two males glanced at each other. “What's wrong with her?” Tyler asked.
 
Trace gave his friend a skeptical laugh. “How the hell should I know?”
 
Tyler shrugged.
 
Inside the firehouse, Carrie wondered what the hell she had gotten herself into. Her boyfriend was a vampire, her best friend was a vampire…and there was a vampire hunter in town that wanted to slay them. She felt stressed out.
 
“Coffee...need coffee,” she groaned as she walked into the kitchen. She was in dire need of really strong coffee.

~*~

Bryan sat in his motel room. The shades were drawn and there were no lights on. He sat on a chair with his feet on the table.
 
“I found you, you bastard,” he said in a low voice. Bryan rubbed his hand over a scar on his neck.
Bryan was part vampire.
Damian and Bryan had confronted each other a long time ago. It was before Damian and Ashling had started to drink their red wine. Bryan and Damian were friends, but Damian had never told Bryan that he was a vampire.
 
One night, Bryan walked through the dark alleys of London. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a woman that looked like his fiancée being lured around a corner by a cloaked man.
 
“Isabella?” he whispered as he followed.
 
He heard a low moan and his heart started to speed up. He went after the sound and his heart nearly stopped. His fiancée…was being bitten. He saw blood dripping from her neck to the crevices of her breasts.
 
“Isabella!” he shouted. The person, who was biting the woman, picked up his head “Damian?” Bryan gasped.
 
Damian's eyes widened. He dropped the woman and ran from the scene. .
 
Bryan went to his beloved Isabella. He cradled her in his arms and wept. He would avenge her death.
 
A week later, in the middle of the night, Bryan chased Damian in a park in London. Damian met a dead end and turned around. Bryan laughed hollowly as he slowly walked up to Damian with his crossbow pointing at him.
 
Damian turned around. He transformed into his vampire state. His teeth grew into long fangs. His eyes turned yellow with a small black pupil in the middle. His ears were pointy and his fingers turned into claws. Damian hissed. Bryan stopped.
 
“You think that I'm afraid of you, Damian?” Bryan questioned.
 
Damian flexed his claws and ran toward him. The hunter set loose a bow, but Damian dodged it. He was about to slash Bryan, but he dodged the attack. Though each tried there hardest to kill the other, they were equally matched.
 
However, it didn't take long for Bryan to collapse in exhaustion while Damian was still strong.
 
Bryan panted with his hands on his knees. Sweat poured off him. Damian walked toward the worn man with his yellow eyes glowing. He grabbed Bryan's hair and cocked it. His fangs shone as he bit the innocent's neck.
 
Damian came to his senses before he started to drink the blood. He leaped back, looking at his former friend.
 
Bryan yelled at the burning feeling. Damian escaped…scared.
 
~A vampire's incomplete bite links you to them~
 
Bryan chuckled. As a result of that bite, he always knew Damian's general location. He remembered the scared look in the vampire's eyes. Damian linked a vampire hunter to himself. Though he wasn't a vampire, Bryan had gained Damian's immortality. He would live until Damian was dead.