Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Hayabusa Abumi Must Die! ❯ Episode 3: Never Let Go! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hayabusa Abumi Must Die!

By: Melissa Norvell

Episode 3: Never Let Go!

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Moegi sat in a cold, darkened room as Ruri stood in front of her. The teen glanced around the nearly barren room in question and dread. After all, the woman who had captured her was undoubtedly crazy. She had no idea what was going to happen to her now.

"Now Abumi, come to meeeee~" the orange-haired woman sing-songed in a teasing voice of victory. Now that she had managed to capture his beloved girlfriend, he would surely come to meet her again.

"Why do you want me? I have nothing to do with this," Moegi glared at the strange woman from her position on the cold, barren floor.

"While you don't have everything to do with this, you still have a small part to play. You're his girlfriend so he'll come looking for you...Well, if he cares about you. It's only a matter of time," Ruri pointed a finger in the air matter-of-factly. She knew that Abumi would be teary eyed about his dearest girlfriend and want to come heroically to the rescue and BAM, she would nab him and finally fulfill her mission in killing off the boy and solving their age-old dispute.

"But, you heard him," the girl's voice changed to a saddened tone as she looked down at her blue and white fuku. "He said that he doesn't like me..." Her voice trailed off as she frowned in silence.

"He's just pulling up a facade to make me think that you're not important to him, so I can forget about you and he can sneak in here. Well, let me tell you...er...." Ruri blinked a little in confusion. She couldn't quite recall the girl's name...In fact; she ignored that detail in general. The ninja hadn't even really asked her of her name.

"Mitsiyugi Moegi," the solemn girl replied.

"Moegi! Yeah! Well, let me tell you, Moegi, it's not going to happen!" She finished her speech just as positively as she'd started it.

"What's all of this about, anyway?" The school girl asked. This whole mess was just one glob of confusion and if she wanted to know why it was taking place, she decided that now would have been the best time to ask Ruri. Moegi would wait until Abumi showed up and take all of the information from Ruri that she could get and use it to tell Abumi the nature of the situation.

"Well, you see...It all started long ago. Seven years to be exact," Ruri began.

'Abumi is nineteen...So, that would make him twelve.' Moegi thought before she spoke. "But, Abumi was twelve then."

"Yes and I was eighteen. Let me tell you the real story behind the two of us and why exactly I want him dead," Ruri explained to her captive.

"It all started when we were younger, the age of the shinobi was long gone but a few ninja got together and decided that we were going to bring it back. Don't ask us how, we were young and stupid. Among the original fifteen who started out with the goal, only nine came through."

"That means seven dropped out," Moegi pointed out.

"Or they were just killed off," Ruri noted. "Abumi and I were among the eight. We decided to hire ourselves out and actually do missions for people. Abumi and I worked in a team. Others worked in squads of three or four and some went solo. We were an unstoppable team, until one day, we were assigned to take out some enemy ninja."

The crazy woman wore a look of deep contemplation as a flood of memories began to surface in her mind of that fateful day. Vivid imagery took her back to her days of youth.

A man dressed in feudal-aged ninja clothes walked into the door of their ninja organization and offered himself up as their client. He informed them that he would be their client and that he was a ninja who was sought after by another of his profession by the name of Sakon. He had also explained that he and Sakon had been rivals in the past and they spent a majority of their time battling each other to seek out a scroll that was rumored to have the ultimate knowledge of every ninja technique to become a master ninja to whomever read it.

"Did you become a master ninja?" Abumi asked the man.

"The scroll was incomplete. It only had a few hard-to-learn moves on it," the man informed.

"So, you did all that work for nothing?" Ruri inquired.

"No...You see...I kept Sakon from reaching it. He was an evil man and only wanted the scroll to give to a friend so that they could plan an assault on us," the ninja explained.

"So, you were protecting the scroll?" Abumi questioned.

The ninja nodded, "but your only mission is to guard me while I transfer the scroll from here to the village of the Summer Sky."

"Village of the Summer Sky Isn't that an old ninja village?" Ruri heard of such a place before but she had never been there.

"Yes, it's one of the few remaining. There were seven in all; the Village of Falling Darkness, The Village of the Rushing Waves, the Village of Silence, the Melody Village, the Village of Northern Lights, the Village of Rain and the Village of the Summer Sky," the man explained.

"So...How many of these old villages are left?" The boy asked.

"Only three, the Village of the Northern Lights, the Melody Village and the Village of the Summer Sky," the man informed. "We should go; I'll discuss it along the way."

Ruri and Abumi nodded in agreement as the both of them set out on their journey. They walked across what seemed to be an endless stretch of flat land. It was silent between everyone and only the sound of their footsteps and the wind was present. After what seemed to be a good hour, Ruri finally piped up and asked a question.

"So, are there any dangers that we should be aware of?" There were many trees dotted here and there and there was no telling who could have possibly hidden in one of them. In fact, someone could be spying on them at that very moment in time and they never would be able to defeat anyone if they didn't have their guard up.

"I told you about Sakon," the man sighed. Was it such a good idea to let children guard him?

"Well, Jinpachi!" Ruri huffed.

"You asked," Jinpachi replied.

It became silent again. The trio walked until they finally came to a plot of land that was cleared of all trees. Suddenly, Jinpachi stopped dead in his tracks. A sense of fear consumed his form and at that exact time, the man seemed to get a horrible feeling. It was almost as if they had been tricked somehow.

"Something's wrong," Jinpachi said quickly and lowly, hoping that only his team mates would hear him.

"You get that feeling too?" Abumi asked, his face was chiseled into a stern look as he and his fellow ninja assumed defensive positions.

Ruri, in contrast to her opponents, grinned with anticipation and joy. 'Yes, enemies! I love enemies!'

"Finally!"

"Huh?" Abumi was confused. Why would the weird girl be happy at something like that? It was a dire situation and all she could do was smile?! What was wrong with her?

"A chance to show myself," the orange-haired female walked out into the middle of the clearing and waited for any on coming enemies to approach them. Her blood rushed and her heart accelerated. She was ready to shed any blood that should could, all in the name of a successful mission! The thrill of the fight and...

...The silence of no progress being made...

The entire place was silent, except for a few crickets.

A single bead of sweat ran down the back of all of their heads in unison.

Then, suddenly two ninja jumped out, one female and one male. The two of them were dressed in black, ripped up clothes and both of them were wearing masks. The female ninja jumped in front of Jinpachi and greeted him, her voice was deep and mature.

"Raiki and Quazijitsu...' The mention of the ninja's names sent fear up his spine as he was paralyzed in fear momentarily. The last thing he expected was for those two to show up.

"Raiki and Quaz-what?" Ruri was bewildered. What kind of ninja were they anyway? Not only did they show up randomly, they missed their queue to come rushing in and fight her!

"You know these ninja?" Abumi turned to the ninja they were supposed to guard.

"Yes...They're members of the Black Ops. Units that work for Sakon," the man informed the two of them of his enemies' status. "No doubt they are after this scroll."

"That's why we're here," Raiki, the female ninja of the two, announced as she smiled darkly beneath her black mask.

"If you won't surrender the scroll, we'll take it by force," Quazijitsu educated them. There were two ways for the battle to go-peacefully or painfully. Either way, it didn't matter to him.

"That won't be happening," Ruri assured. If anyone was going to go out bloody, it would be the two of them. She wasn't about to fail the mission or her ideals of a ninja restoration. If anything happened in their favor, it would be over her dead body!

Abumi jumped in front of the Jinpachi and assumed a defensive stance, ready to attack if need there be but also ready to protect his client at any cost.

"Alright, if that's how you want it to be. Let's dance!" Raiki announced as she and her partner rushed towards Ruri, who pulled out a giant, wooden hammer.

"And now...My secret weapon!" The orange-haired girl announced with great pride.

"Huh?" Both enemies wore clueless expressions on their faces. Out of all of the things in the entire world that she could have done, they hardly expected what was to come next.

"Say good night," the girl smiled wickedly as she held the hammer over her shoulder. "Super Ruri Smash!" The girl shouted at the top of her lungs as she sung the hammer, which made contact with both Raiki and Quazijitsu, sending them flying off over the tree tops.

Abumi and Jinpachi simply stared, wordless at her actions.

"Was that her secret weapon?" Jinpachi pointed in her direction with a flabbergasted expression.

"Sadly, yes," Abumi smacked a hand to his forehead and drug it down his face.

"Taa Daa! Check me out! I rock! I am so good!" Ruri stuck the end of the hammer into the ground and placed her forearm on the top of the hammer part and bragged on a job well done. Some evil ninja they were! They couldn't even handle a little wooden hammer! "Wah!" Or maybe they were smarter then she thought.

Two masculine hands grabbed her ankles firmly.

"Ruri!" Abumi called out to his team mate.

"Worry about yourself." Suddenly, there was a man a good twenty-years his senior in his face with short, spiky, hair in his face. He swung a large weapon that looked like a huge butcher knife at him. Abumi managed to catch it and hold it back from his client. Quazijitsu smirked darkly behind the black mask. "You're good!" He was amazed at a child who had such a large amount of power for someone so young.

"Damn..." Ruri looked down at herself. She had been pulled underground and was up to her neck in earth. "I'm a disembodied head!"

"When I get done with you, you won't even be that," Raiki told her with her hands on her hips, looking down at the orange-haired woman.

"You know...That was real clever, hiding in the ground while your doppelgangers took the hit." Ruri smirked confidently at the black-haired woman above her.

"Of course it was," Raiki ran a hand through her long, black hair. "Time to end it!" She shouted and rushed towards her with her long sword drawn. Once and for all, she would rid herself of that weird orange-haired girl, and then she could concentrate on the boy and his client. All of them would eventually die.

"You think so?" Ruri's body began to grow in size. Soon, she towered above the tree-top, leaving Raiki to freeze in position and watch helplessly from below.

"What?"

"Tee hee," the giant ninja smirked impishly.

"What type of technique is this?" Raiki had never seen anything like that in her entire life!

"Smash!" She was soon met with her answer and she was stepped on by a large sandal and smashed into the ground. "You look like road kill from up here."

"Ugh..." The defeated ninja twitched.

"Now..." The giant-sized girl glanced at Abumi and Quazijitsu, who were busy fighting it out below her. She smirked deviously as her eyes glinted against the cold skies above.

Quazijitsu punched Abumi, who ducked and pulled out a kunai knife, slashing the enemy but the masked man jumped and came down with his weapon. The boy barely jumped out of the way as the large sword-like weapon hit the ground with a large thud, sending pieces of earth up with it.

"Now!" Ruri placed the hammer behind her head and slammed it down on the ground. "Seismic Smash!" The contact of the hammer to the ground caused an earthquake that made everyone's bodies fly up into the air, even the female ninja's.

"Huh?" Raiki asked herself as she stared at the enlarged figure. 'It's a Genjutsu...She's making herself appear bigger and messing with our heads. If it appears as if we're having pain, then we feel the pain. It's an accurate hallucination but it can work no longer...This is why I couldn't die when I was stepped on. If she were really that size, then I would be dead for sure but I'm not...'

"This trick ends now!" The ninja arose and rushed towards the source of the illusion.

"Some people just don't give up! Seizmic Smash!" Ruri tried her attack once more on the foreboding female ninja. Pieces of shattered earth flew up around Raiki as she ran through the debris.

"Huh?" A split second of fright ran through the girl's eyes as Raiki's sword pierced her stomach.

"Die," Raiki's voice was calm, despite her victory.

"Not today," Ruri grunted and ripped the sword from her body and carelessly threw it to the ground. A bit of blood stained her dim aqua clothing from the wound but she didn't seem to care about it so much.

"Ruri!" Abumi's voice was concerned as he called out desperately to his wounded team mate.

"I don't think so...You have a fight to win," Quazijitsu appeared in front of him using a Replacement Technique.

Abumi looked back at his client and stated his name in an urgent tone.

"Leave me. I know what I'm doing. I still know Ninjutsu. I can take care of myself," Jinpachi advised.

"Are you sure?"

"Go, your team mate needs you," his client told him as they both heard a pained scream.

Ruri laid on the ground, clutching her wound as she was carelessly kicked across the ground.

"Not so tough now that you don't have that hammer. Didn't anyone tell you that you don't make your weapon from wood?" Raiki shot, narrowing her dark grey eyes.

"Yes...Kill her," Quazijitsu ordered.

"I'm already on it," Raiki responded, as she began to perform various hand signs but she was cut off by Abumi, who had managed to get right in her face.

"Oh no you don't!" The boy shouted as he performed a single hand sign. "Dark one, Subliminal Messages."

"What?" Raiki's eyes widened as black surrounded her. She then saw her mangled and destroyed body lying below her on the ground, as realistic as if she had truly died. Fear and paranoia shot through her being. What was she seeing? "What the-?"

Then, she suddenly felt pain as four blades went into her body as she let out an ear-piercing scream and fell to the ground.

"Got you," Abumi smiled in victory.

"But you didn't see this," Quazijitsu rushed at him with his weapon drawn.

"Oh really?"The spiky-haired kid asked as his image was cut in half. It morphed into black feathers as the boy appeared directly behind his enemy and elbowed him in the back as his muscular form toppled to the ground. "Think again."

"Eargh..." The darkly-clad male was not about to give up his fight. He slowly arose as he glanced at his team mate, who held the sides of her face in delirium with a freaked out expression on her face. Raiki was still suffering the mental affects of the Genjutsu that Abumi had cast several moments before. She was no good to him now; all she could do was stare off into space in paranoia.

While Quazijitsu was distracted, Jinpachi managed to dispatch the sacred scroll. The man turned to Jinpachi with a look of sheer fear in his eyes as he realized the sacred hand signs he was making. "Those are...Raiki!"

Raiki couldn't hear him, all that ran through her head was her own image, being stabbed over and over again with a relentless sword attack. The pain was overbearing and with each stab, she felt another piercing wound to her body. To her, the swords were very real.

She was grabbed by Quazijitsu.

"Let's go!" He instructed. They had to get away as far as they could in order to escape the spell.

"Huh?" Raiki responded in a desolate voice.

"He's activated the Seven Scroll," Quazijitsu informed as the two of them dashed away.

"What?"


"Number one Seek," Jinpachi commanded as several red, ribbon-like pieces of energy shot from the scroll. "Number Two Set Out!" The red-ribbons soon caught up with the retreating ninja and wrapped around them, pulling tight. "Number Four, Constrict! Number Five Paralyze, Number Six Attack!" He then commanded relentlessly, one after another until his enemies. Both of the ninja screamed as they were being squeezed to death by the red ribbons, they were also paralyzed, so their bodies could not aid them when they needed to move the most. It was a torturous death as he finally called out the last phase of the attacked and uttered 'Destroy' as the two tattered ninja fell to the ground in a crumpled heap, unmoving.

"What did you do?" Abumi stared in awe and wonder at his client. With powers like that, did he even truly need either one of them?

"The Seven Scroll Techniques," Jinpachi explained. "Each one designed to carry out a powerful combination attack. They'll be out for a while."

The boy glanced over at his injured team mate and called out her name. He then ran to her side, worried and gathered her injured form up in his arms.

"Ugh...You did it..." Ruri smiled at him weakly, and then frowned. "I can't believe you're stronger than me for once..." She looked away in shame. "I thought for sure I could beat her alone. I didn't count on her seeing through my Genjutsu..."

"Let's go," Abumi picked her up bride-and-groom style as Jinpachi agreed. The two of them walked off, in search for a place where they could tend to Ruri's wounds.

"You see...He was someone I admired for his strength," Ruri explained to the girl as the visions of the past soon faded from her memories as quickly as they came. "Someone whom I cared for deeply." The strange ninja frowned as her orange bangs shaded her eyes. "But you see...I can't let you have him."

Moegi was sad, and then her look hardened up to one of defiance.

"Don't be so sad. We can't all have what we want," Ruri told her coldly, just after her words left her mouth, a loud crash was heard. "Huh?" The woman whirled around, her Chinese-inspired dress followed her movement as she Moegi gasped and exclaimed Abumi's name in a happy tone.

He had found her.

"Let her go!" Abumi commanded.

"Now, what makes you think I'll do that, huh?" Ruri stared down her opponent, ready to strike him down at a moment's notice. Now the true fun would begin.

To Be Continued...