Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Hayabusa Abumi Must Die! ❯ Episode 10: A Vengeful Soul ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXxXx

Hayabusa Abumi Must Die!

By: Melissa Norvell

Episode 10: A Vengeful Soul

XxXxXxXx

"Look out!" Abumi jumped out of the way. Ruri screamed in a high-pitched voice as she scrambled away at the last minute, barely making it in time before the cannonball slammed into the ship. The wood splintered and busted around them, pieces flew past Abumi's head as he fell gracefully from the mast.

Smirking to himself, he let out an arrogant 'heh' as he marveled at his own skill.

Then, he was hit in the stomach with a wooden beam and let out a groan of displeasure as he simply lay there, looking like a piece of laundry that had been hung out to dry before Ruri grabbed him and jumped away.

"Let's go!" The orange-haired woman took the boy under her arm. "We don't have time to be hanging around."

"Yeah, because I meant to do that," Abumi grumbled in discomfort as the ache in his stomach was only made worse by the assassin's tight grip. Who would have thought that he would be saved by the one who was trying to kill him?

Ikkouku and Giru watched them with unamused expressions as they continued to dodge their attacks.

"There's no way those idiots can stand a chance against us," Giru stated with confidence. If they couldn't take Abumi and Ruri out with ease, then they needed to resign as pirates. It would be shameful to be beaten by such low lives. Especially such ordinary people like a school boy, his meddling friend, and an assassin who thought more with her feelings than her own heart half of the time.

"They've got to be the most idiotic shinobi alive. How do they even accomplish a mission?" Ikkouku asked, the concept of their function highly confused her. This wasn't team work; it was barely getting away by the skins of their hides.

"We should put them out of their misery," the fish replied before he was grabbed by his tail suddenly, causing him to squeal as Moegi took off running with the fish in her hand.

"Got you now, little fishy!" She chimed as Giru was more than unamused.

"What was the point of doing this?" He asked as the girl held him up to her face and seemed confused.

"I don't know," she shrugged. "A distraction, maybe?"

"You aren't getting away," the black and white fish had plans of his own. If Moegi thought that she'd simply be getting off easy, then she had another thing coming. A smile appeared across his long bill. Silly human didn't know his true potential, did she?

"You're just a fish. What can you do?" Moegi was fairly certain that Giru was harmless. He might have been a ninja when he was a human but there was no possible way a fish like him could do a thing to overpower someone who was bigger than he was and had the capability of crushing him with ease.

"Ninja Art: Dark Possession," the fish would indeed, prove her wrong. He spread out his fins as a dark energy engulfed the boards for the ship floor. They turned black below the girl's feet.

She responded with a 'huh' as her gaze shot down to the ground. Below her feet, the boards separated and twisted around her. Screaming, she was shot up into the air and held high above the ship. Out of fear, she didn't dare let go of the fish in her hands.

"What did you say?" Giru smirked. Finally, he had the opportunity to prove that he was more than a simple fish and it had worked.

"You stupid fish!" Moegi shouted in anger before a realization hit her. "Wait…How did you do that?"

"I'm a ninja," Giru thought it was quite an obvious answer.

"A ninja-fish?"

"Not again…" The fish sweat dropped and wiggled free. She attempted to grab him but he was already out of reach. He smiled as his small body fell near her feet, barely missing her shoe as she tried to kick him like a foot ball. He could barely make out her voice as she called him a stupid fish again and told him to come back up there.

Fat chance.

Not on her life.

"Get me out of here!" The girl squirmed. "Do…It…Now!"

"That's what you get for thinking you're smart," Giru bragged before he was snatched out of the air by Ruri, who landed on one of the ship's sails and held the fish close to her face.

"If I were you, I wouldn't speak anymore," Ruri took out her hammer and shouted 'Ruri Smash' as she jumped up to the girl and swung her hammer down as hard as she could, smashing up the boards that suspended the girl in the air. They shattered under the weight of the blow and Moegi fell to the ground, landing on her butt.

She thanked the assassin as she rubbed her rear end in pain.

"How can you be there and here at the same time?" Giru commented at the clone, which was now battling with Ikkouku.

Ruri smirked and jerked her thumb towards the altercation. "Art of the Doppelganger. You see, while I'm fighting your friend up there, I made a clone of myself to come after you down here. Pretty ingenious, huh?"

'Damn…This sucks…Now I can't help Ikkouku out…' Giru thought over his predicament as he gazed over to where Abumi, the clone and Ikkouku were.

Ikkouku was having quite a time fighting against the two. Ruri threw out a kick at the woman, who caught her foot. Abumi threw a punch and she caught his fist and flipped him over her head, flinging him into Ruri, who jumped out of the way.

Abumi landed on one knee and crouched down, giving himself air as he jumped off of the ground and took a flying leap at the pirate and drew back his fist as if he was going to strike her. Right before he neared her face, he leaned back and brought his feet up, kicking her in the chin as the pirate's body went sailing up into the air from the strike.

Ruri appeared above her with a toothy grin. "Tornado Kick!" The assassin shouted as she slammed her foot into the pirate's stomach and sent her downwards. Just before the woman's body touched the ground, Ruri appeared again and spun on the ground, taking her heel and slamming it into Ikkouku's chest with a loud crack. Ikkouku coughed up blood as her team mate called out her name in vain and Moegi cheered in the background.

'Ninja Art: Trick Wood Genjustsu!' Giru executed his attack silently, making the wood under the cheering girl's feet disappear. Moegi fell through the hole and screamed on her way down.

"Moegi!" Abumi shouted from his position with a great deal of worry.

"I'll cover for you!" Ruri gave him the okay to go off after the girl while she took care of the purple-haired pirate.

Abumi ran to the edge of the boat and glanced over the side for a moment as he looked for any sign of the girl's form. When he saw the girl, falling towards the water, Abumi teleported down, grabbed the girl and teleported them both back on board.

The girl blushed and thanked him for his heroic deed. Abumi sat her down gently and instructed that she stay where he placed her. He took a few steps away from the girl but before he could go completely away from her, she grabbed his hand and looked at him with concern. Abumi looked over his shoulder at her as she frowned.

"Be careful." It was nearly a command more than a wish.

"Don't worry," the boy smiled slightly and jumped away. He headed off the join back in the fight and help Ruri battle the pirates who threatened their lives.

"You know, I really don't feel like playing anymore," Ikkouku slid back and pulled out her staff, drawing the water from the ocean to the prongs on her trident. Water swirled around the ship and crept on board in streams.

Moegi glanced around at the streams. She couldn't move because they were so close to her body and she didn't want to chance touching them. She didn't know if they would hurt her or not. "Huh? What's going on?" She asked as Giru hopped on Ikkouku's shoulder and smiled.

'She's drawing water from the ocean. Since her attack is water-based, we're screwed.' Ruri thought to herself on the hopelessness of the situation.

"We've got to stop her attack before she can build it up!" Abumi stated.

"There really is nothing you can do now. The ocean is too vast and her attack has already grown larger than what you can stop," Giru informed. Now they had the boy and his friends trapped. There was no escape from the devastation that Ikkouku promised to bring them.

"Like I'm going to give up! Your attacks mean nothing to me," Ruri replied as Abumi shot out in front of her and headed towards Ikkouku.

"Fool! Tsunami!" The pirate called out as she pointed her trident at him, blasting him back with the force of the water from her weapon.

Ruri saw the water headings towards her and performed her famous Ruri Smash, splitting the water she Moegi was washed away. The pirate gave the two a serious glare as she held her trident strongly in her hand. "I told you that I wasn't playing around."

"Well, they weren't as tough as they seemed were they? I don't even see them," Giru replied as he looked across the deck to see if he could see any signs of life.

Ikkouku looked in the opposite direction of her friend and a sudden look of victory crossed her face. "A ha! I see one!" She exclaimed as she spied Abumi lying on the ground, drenched with water.

"I see someone over here, too," Giru stated his findings as he spied the unconscious Moegi.

They had found two out of the three. Only one question remained.

"Where's the girl?" Ikkouku asked.

"Behind you," Giru had assumed that she was talking about Moegi.

"Not her, the one with the curls," the pirate replied.

"Come to think of it, I haven't seen her," the fish seemed thoughtful on the subject.

From high above, Ruri clung to one of the sails and peered down at the pair below. Sure, they could take out her team mates with ease, but there was no way in hell they'd be taking her out like that. 'Ninja skills, huh? She can't even sense me up here. She may know Ninjutsu but she doesn't know how to sense chakra very well.'

'Something isn't right here.' Giru thought to himself as Ikkouku glanced around for any sign of the crazy woman.

Abumi grumbled as he slowly started to pull his soaked form up from the floor. That blast of water was painful but it wouldn't get him down for long. He had to overcome this situation, and remember that he had been in far worse before. The would be ninja could only think of overcoming the pirates.

As he stood slumped over, he held his stomach and breathed deeply to himself.

'That was Ikkouku's most powerful attack. How can he even be breathing? The Hydro pressure of the attack was centered specifically on them. With a pressure like that, their bodies should be ripped apart by now. He simply is amazing for undergoing that type of pressure.' Giru had to respect a boy who could put himself through that much pain and still get up.

Ikkouku, on the other hand, was appalled and shocked. "How can this be? Why is he getting up?"

"You can't….get me down…" Abumi slowly lifted his head with determination shining in his pitch black eyes. The boy's knees bent a little, but he wouldn't let that get him down. "I will NOT quit. I will not back down."

'Wow, he got hit directly with the attack. I can't believe he's still standing after that kind of hit.' Even someone of her profession couldn't believe that the boy was still standing after such a hit. She laughed a little to herself. "Heh…Well, I'll be damned…You have some strength to you, and endurance too…"

Abumi weakly thanked the assassin for her personal assessment of his character.

"No prob," the orange-haired woman winked.

"You…" Ikkouku glared as she turned to see Ruri.

Moegi slowly woke up and lifted her wet head from the wood. Water dripped from her brown locks as she wondered what was going on now. Her brown eyes caught sight of the love of her life, running head on to face off against his enemy.

Abumi headed towards Ikkouku and performed several intricate hand signs. "Yami Nagreboshi Jutsu!" He shouted as he spun around and seemed to turn into a mass of white energy that resembled a shooting star. As the mass continued to close the gap between the two, it took on a black shade.

"Well, I'll knock you right out of this ship- express style," Ikkouku swung her trident over her shoulder and held it like a baseball bat. If he wanted to try such a stupid attack on her, then she would counter it in a way that was worthy of being praised.

"Abumi! What the hell are you doing?" Ruri jumped from the mast. 'His body is too trashed to perform that jutsu! He might not survive if he hits her water attack head on!'

Ikkouku launched her attack at the young ninja, projecting a huge water cannon at him. Moegi helplessly called out for her friend but her arm was grabbed harshly by Ruri as the girl was jerked up and forced into a run.

"We've got to get out of here! Let's save Abumi's ass and get out of here!" Ruri performed one-handed signs and summoned up her sonic speed. The two then turned into a motion blur as Ikkouku pointed her trident at Abumi and the waters rushed fourth in the form of a beam.

"I've got you!" Abumi closed in, confident that he would get an attack in on her for sure, and then…his dreams were taken away as he was pummeled into by Ruri. Spit flew from the boy's mouth as he was hit with the force of the blow. "No…my chance…" The boy said weakly as his vision blurred.

The group crumpled to the ground as the attack sped over their heads.

"You missed," Giru wasn't too happy about that.

"Well, I guess the express wasn't my only option. I do have other methods," Ikkouku suggested, and her ship mate agreed.

"No…" Abumi wined and kept one eye closed as he crawled out from under the two females.

"What are you? Crazy? You could have been killed!" Ruri yelled in irritation as she pulled herself up off of the school girl and pointed her finger in his face.

"I knew what I was doing! I could have handled it! At the speed I was going…" Abumi argued.

"You wouldn't have been able to pull it off. The hydro pressure combined with the pressure you already put on your body would kill you," Ruri begged to differ. No matter how confident Abumi might have been, she knew stupidity when it hit her right in the face.

"Abumi-kun…" Moegi glanced sadly to the ground. Was Abumi really going to sacrifice himself for the better good of the team?

"Quit being suicidal, would you?" Ruri sneered sarcastically.

"That was a bold move," Ikkouku stood up her staff. Everyone's attention was directed at her. "I see that you have a fire in your eyes. The desire to kill compels you but I have other agendas than to sit here and grant you your wish." The pirate picked up Moegi like a sack of potatoes and threw her in a life boat, kicking and screaming all the way, followed by Ruri and Abumi.

"We will meet again," Ikkouku held promise in her voice as she blasted the boat free from its ropes with her trident. The group was sent screaming into the waters below. The purple-haired woman glanced over the rail at the boat floating in the water. "Be lucky that I was feeling generous today."

"What about my curse?" Giru asked.

"That's more important than dealing with them."

"But, what about them?"

"They'll be back…and when they come back, they'll all die," Ikkouku glanced to the railing of the ship, where the group was seen rowing through the water. They had stopped momentarily, when they thought that they were far enough away from the ship to be sure that Ikkouku or Giru wouldn't come after them.

There was always the fear of the water attacks, and the fact that she could control water in general presented a threat of its own. For now, they were relieved, battered and tired from their battle.

"Well, that got us nowhere," Ruri said to break the silence that had carried on for far too long.

"It's a good thing we can still see land," Moegi tried to point out the bright side of things.

Ruri agreed as Abumi sat there, angry. After a moment in silence between the three of them, they started to row as hard as they could to find their way back to land.

To Be Continued