Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ ID ❯ ID ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: the situations described were actually personal experiences, although I severely doubt I'm bad enough to go for the last segment.
 
Freud's theory of ID refers to the inborn unconscious or suppressed urges that control instinctive behavior.
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
 
 
You see this girl at her computer? This is Rowen.
 
Rowen is a coward.
 
Rowen is in college. She has a roommate like other college students. She has classes like other college students. She has a dorm like other college students.
 
But she hides in her dorm, NOT like other college students.
 
Why?
 
Because, Rowen is a coward.
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
 
Rowen is smart. She got into a good school. She has challenging subjects. Rowen goes to her classes
 
Rowen is lost. She went to the wrong building for Calculus 101. She didn't ask directions. She wanders around until she found and exit and slid into class fifteen minutes late.
 
Why didn't Rowen ask directions? There were other students around. They could have helped. But Rowen didn't want to seem stupid. So she wandered around, looking even more stupid?
 
Why?
 
Because Rowen is a coward.
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
 
Rowen's college has a nice cafeteria. It's big and clean. There is lots of food. Rowen eats cafeteria food.
 
Rowen is hungry. Her roommate, Marie, and Marie's friends are sitting at a table in the cafeteria. Marie calls her over to sit with them. Rowen lies and says she has overdue homework, and gets her food to go.
 
Why didn't Rowen stay there? Marie's friends are nice people. They might become her friends too. But Rowen didn't want to seem rude. So she took her food to her room and then left it in the fridge.
 
Why?
 
Because Rowen is a coward.
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
 
Rowen's roommate is going to a party. It is meant to help new students fit in. It will be fun. Rowen gets dressed up.
 
Rowen is lonely. Marie convinces her to go to the party on the fourth floor. Rowen takes the elevator. At the door she turns around and heads back to the safety of her dorm room and hides.
 
Why didn't Rowen go inside? The people there understand what it's like to be new. They could help her. But Rowen didn't want to seem weak. So she spends the night watching a movie.
 
Why?
 
Because Rowen is a coward.
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
 
Rowen's door has a notice board on it. People leave messages for Marie there. It has a marker. Rowen doesn't use it.
 
Rowen is nervous. Her door has a message on it and the message isn't for Marie today, because it says `To Rowen'. A guy leaves his phone number on the door. Rowen locks her door all the time now.
 
Why didn't Rowen call him? He could be a nice person. She would never know until she talks to him. But Rowen didn't want to seem desperate. So she erases the number and hides the marker.
 
Why?
 
Because Rowen is a coward.
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
 
Rowen's coffin is big. It had pretty purple flowers on it. She is dressed in black, her favorite color. Twelve people are at her funeral.
 
Rowen is paranoid. She knows something is wrong with her, that's why she can't make friends with people. She knows she is too old for imaginary friends. But he is the only person she can talk to.
 
Why didn't Rowen get help? There were people who could make her feel less freakish. They would have listened. But Rowen didn't want to seem afraid. So she swallows lots of pills and goes to sleep.
 
Why?
 
Because Rowen is a coward.