Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Insightful Promise ❯ Chapter Two - Razor ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[A/N: Please R&R! Any comment(s) are welcome! [Go ahead and scream at me…=D I don't mind.]
 
“Razor, let's take a break over there,” Cujo said, gesturing to a few Oak trees. Razor nodded and they both banked towards the trees, easily landing on two of its thickest branches. Razor watched as Cujo retracted his wings and pulled his backpack off of his back and set it on the limb in front of him. Cujo pulled out two sandwiches and handed one to Razor and took a huge bite of the other one. “So,” he said, with his mouth still full, “how far do you think we've gone?”
 
“I don't know. Four, maybe five hundred miles? Pretty far; farther than we've ever been before. None of this,” Razor said, gesturing to the land around them with the hand he held his sandwich in, “looks familiar.” Cujo just nodded as he took another huge bite out of his sandwich.
 
Silence fell as they both devoured their sandwiches, nearly choking on them because they were trying to cram the whole thing into their mouths at once. They watched as the sun set, making the leaves of the tree and grass look an odd color.
 
Razor tore a leaf off of the branch hanging in his face, tearing it up into little tiny pieces and letting them fall to the ground. `Creek, where are you?' he thought, his gaze set on the small bits of sky that peeked through the thick canopy of leaves above him.
***
 
Razor put his arm over his eyes as the sunlight crept across his face, waking him up. He grumbled quietly to himself as he glanced around to see where Cujo was. “Cujo, get up,” he said, speaking quite a bit louder. Cujo jumped at the noise, making Razor burst into laughter. “Breathe, will you? It's just me. Seriously, who else would be out in the middle of nowhere sleeping in a tree? Other than us, I mean.” Razor jumped down out of the tree to avoid Cujo's foot.
 
“And I am supposed to remember where we are in the middle of unconsciousness?” Cujo snapped, landing on the ground next to Razor. Razor glanced at his friend; his hair was hanging limp and dirty in his face, and his clothes had bits of bark on them. There was a tear in his vest, too.
 
`I probably don't look much better than he does,' Razor thought, glancing down at his own wardrobe. He had grass stains on the knees of his jeans, and his shoes were covered in dirt. His shirt had crumbs from the sandwich he had eaten last night on it; he brushed them off as best as he could.
 
“So,” Cujo said, turning around and facing the other direction, “are you ready to get going?”
 
“Yeah. We might as well go; there's nothing else to do here,” Razor said, running a few feet before jumping into the air and unfolding his wings. He turned and hovered, waiting for Cujo. When Cujo was up in the air next to him, they both headed east.
 
After a few hours, Razor spotted something odd below them. “Hey, Cujo, what do you think that is? It's too big to be an animal,” he said, pointing to the thing. Cujo studied it for a while before turning back to Razor and shrugging. “Let's go see what it is,” Razor said as he banked downwards towards the object.
 
“Whoa,” Cujo said, his eyes widening as they got closer to the object. “What is that thing?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter Two