Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ivy ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Ah… Man… Where am I? My head is killing me… What the fuck happened last night?” Strobe lights, loud, pulsating music, alcohol… None of that now… “Fucking freezing… Where am I?” In a painful struggle, her eyes opened. Expecting to be greeted by someone recanting last night, she sat up. But the expectation was let down, no one was around, not a soul in sight. This giant room, only lit by what seemed like millions of candles, was all she saw.

Quickly standing, with great difficulty from the cold, she struggled to keep her balance. Her shoes and socks had been removed, along with all jewelry she had on the night before. “What the hell!! Where am I? Someone help me!! HELP!!” Her heartbeat raced, mind flooded with disturbing thoughts of what might happen. She ran her fingers over her head, pushing the hair out of her eyes to try and make out anything. She could feel her heart beating in her throat and ears. Something made a sniffing sound. Spinning around to try to determine where the sound came from, a form stepped from the shadows.

A tall one, unseen until now by the cover of the dark. “Mmm, scared, just like I like them…” Another passer-by swept up into the chambers… His soulless eyes gazed over her, and on her fault, she met eyes with him. A feeling of holding came over her, even if she wanted to run, she couldn’t. Knowing she wasn’t going anywhere on her own will, he came up to her. Now closer, his features were made out more clearly… Eyes darker than the pit of hell itself, a smile so wicked the devil himself would cry. Leaning in closely, chilling her skin with a simple breath, he muttered, “Run.”

Almost instantly, he let her go and off she was. The chase had begun. Her footsteps echoing through the hall, she turned her head back to see him standing there… Just standing. What a perfect prey this one was. Indeed she was prettier than the rest and faster than the others for sure… But only human. And humans are stupid creatures. She ran into something hard, perhaps a stone wall? Falling with a hard thud, a yelp of pain escaped her, her body smacking the ground. Looking up to what had knocked her over, he stood there. “Can’t even manage to see where you run to?”

Scrambling away to regain herself, he made sure to maintain a close distance. Once she was on her feet, his right hand rose, the back of his hand coming into contact with the side of her face with a sickening crack. Lifting off the ground, she cracked her head against the stone wall, a small stream of blood dibbled down from her hairline to cheek. Blood. Now this was one thing he couldn’t let waste. While she leans against the wall, recoiled, his finger ran up her cheek before bringing it to his lips. “Mmm, lovely.”

The girl grabbed the nearest candelabra, holding it with dear life; she pointed it at him with trembling hands. She was fighting back, something he didn’t suspect from any of the girls. As pathetic as it was, he let out a small chuckle before blowing out the middle candle. All she saw was another one of the wicked smiles before all the candles in the room went out. An icy hand cupped her mouth before she could scream. He pressed his body up against hers, running his tongue up the small steam of blood on her cheek. “You’re delicious. Tell me, what is your name? If you scream, it will be the last sound you ever make.” To prove his seriousness, he ran his pointed fangs across her pretty little neck. Removing his hand only about an inch from her lips, but putting his hand on her hip, squeezing tightly, she whispered “Ivy.”

“Ivy… Yes…” With a swift jerk, he gripped all of her hair in his hand, pulling her along. She was now bent over, following along, not daring to pull back and cause more physical pain to herself. Ivy, unable to see where they were headed, was at his mercy, and was just the way he liked it. For what seemed like an eternity, they walked up stairs, through doors, down corridors before reaching the highest peak of this place. Now light was visible, but only from the moon above, shining in through the skylight. He threw her onto the bed by her hair. Quickly rolling over, she managed to make out the words “Please don’t rape me.”

“Rape you?! Force sexual intercourse with myself upon someone so unworthy as yourself? Please do not sicken me on an empty stomach,” he growled. On the dresser closest to him was a bright red flask. His hand gripping it, he raised it to his lips, taking in him the last swallow. “Who… What are you?!” Setting the bottle down slowly, he grinned. “What am I?” Turning quickly, she marched toward her, soulless eyes sparked with anger at such a stupid question. “I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?" I am the wind blowing through your hair. I am the shadow on the moon at night filling your dreams to the brim with fright. I, my dear Ivy, am your master now,” Now he was leaning over her with a devilish look on his face, “and you will be a very loyal servant.”

“Not to you!” she spat in his face. Before the rebel could move, he grabbed her by the neck, his nails pressing into her skin but not piercing… Not yet. “Yes, to me… And only to me.” He searched her eyes and shook his head. “You think I won’t hurt you? You believe that since I am a male I cannot hit a female? Oh, Ivy, I can do much more than that!” His nails sunk into the sides of her neck as his hand went over her mouth, smiling with pleasure. “Shh-shh-shh. Quiet, Ivy… If you scream it will be the last sound you ever make.” The blood he drew dripped onto the bed under her. He didn’t want to waste his precious meal so he was careful not to go in too deeply or hit the wrong area. “Are you going to be a good girl?” Having no other option, Ivy nodded, his nails still in her.

Retracting his hands from her, he stood, staring at her with disgust. He took note of her appearance… Long maroon hair that, if it wasn’t so mattered and dirty, would be a wonder to touch and feel… Bright blue eyes that begged to be set free, but he wasn’t one to allow such things. But her neck was the one thing that caught his eye the most… So smooth and ripe, perfect… He wiped his head to the side to break his trance, swishing his black hair on his face. “Come here.” There was a long pause before Ivy, for fear of being struck or hurt again, rose and quickly made herself to him. “Good girl.” His hand ran down the side of her neck while Ivy whimpered.

“No need to be a coward, I’ll make you immortal…” Without giving her a second to respond, his teeth sank into her flesh, just missing his last entry wounds he caused her. Drinking deeply, Ivy screamed but it was soon muffled by the cover of his hand over her mouth. Her body became limp in his arms. Teeth removed from her neck, he laid her back on his bed, wiping his mouth. A smirked curled upon his lips before he exited the room. She would lay there until morning…