Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Len's Journey ❯ Chapter 3

[ A - All Readers ]

I was very upset that my bad day at school really drove my parents into a divorce, I wished there was something I could have done, but there wasn't. My mother was packed and out of the house, that night, without saying goodbye to us.

The next couple of days, both my sister and brother didn't talk to me, as they blamed me for my mother abandoning us. Even though my siblings mostly teased me, having them ignore me like I wasn't there was even worse.

Things stayed the same for the next week. Each day at school was just the same. Kids would just ignore me and the bully Zack kept making threats that he was going to get me again when I leased expected it.

One day, when I was coming home from school and walking off the bus, I was walking towards my house and he jumped right in front of me, from behind a car. Apparently, helived close to where I was and I didn't even know.

I was shaking nervously as he dragged me into and ally and was putting me down, before getting ready to beat me up. I didn't understand why he wanted to hurt me again, when he already got me for the misunderstanding with Shannon the other day.

However, it seemed he was just one of those bullies who liked abusing other kids just for kicks. As he held my up by my shirt and was getting ready to punch him, a big lab dog was then growling from behind me

He then dropped me down and turned his head to the dog and screamed. The dog then ripped his pants off and he ran out of the ally, crying. I was then about to run away as I thought that it was an angry dog that would attack me too.

However, as I sat up and was about to leave, the dog jumped on me and started licking my face as his tale was wagging. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was as if, the dog was helping me. The dog didn't have a collar, so I had a feeling it didn't have a home.

Now, that this dog saved me right at the time I was in big trouble just showed me that it was a sign I should take it home with me and since my mother was moved out of the house, maybe it was a good time to convince my father and siblings to let me keep the dog.

I walked the dog home with me and my sister screamed and said she refused to live in a same house with a dog. My brother didn't care to much, but my dad saw that I seemed more happy with that dog then he had ever seen me since I was born.

He felt that having a dog would have been the best thing for me at the moment, so he told me he would talk to my sister to calm her down and for me to name him. I jumped for joy.

It was the best day of my life. I hugged the dog and and named him Guts. I named him that because he was so brave taking down Zack and saving me that day. I kept the dog in my room with me for awhile as we were unable to build a doghouse at that time.

He was a good dog and he would often sleep in bed with me and whenever I had a hard day at school he would always be happy to see me and it put a smile on my face. My dad had grown to love him as well and so did my brother.

My sister, however, still didn't like him and whenever she caught him sneaking into her room she would scream at him then slammed the door in his face. It at times would upset Guts that Lila hated him so much.

I would sometimes even see him crying after she threw him out, but I promised him I would get her to love him some how. She probably just needed time to get used to him, because she never liked dogs very much. She could have had a bad experience when she was younger that caused her to act that way, but I never found out for myself.

For the next few years Guts was my best friend and we had allot of good times together and I had allot of fun memories with him. As my brother helped me take care of him I felt me and my brother started growing closer to each other.

Like sometimes, we would take me out on a walk to the pet store near by to get guts a new toy every now and then. I remember, one of Guts's favorite toys was a chew toy that looked like a pack of French fries.

I will never forget the look on his face the day I brought him home that chew toy. Me and my brother also worked together to build guts a doghouse outside and it took about a year.

It was a pretty big doghouse, that was good size for Guts. It was almost like a castle for a dog. I remember, even though Guts loved the house we built him, just something told me by the look on his face the first night that he missed sleeping with me already.

Me and my brother started spending more time together, doing other things as well. Sometimes he would let me play cards with some of his friends, who now made me feel more welcome.

He also gave me some tips on how to be more cool and taught me some cool new words and helped me fix my hair up nice. I now wasn't made fun of at my school anymore. In fact, some girls would give a compliment every now and then.

My brother would also take me out to get candy on Halloween that year when I was eleven years old. I was getting older, so it was likely going to be my last year, getting candy on Halloween. We did other fun things together, like went to the movies once in awhile and went to the pizza place.

We also played video games and sometimes board games with each other. One night when we were feeding Guts supper, he told me about how much fun it's been getting to know me and to spend time with me better and if I didn't find Guts and he started helping me out with him he wouldn't have had that experience.

What my brother Lennon said that night really put a smile on my face. Even though, I had Lennon and Guts, part of me still kinda felt sad that after all that time I was still invisible to my older sister Lila. I felt like my relationship with her was never going to change. While, my brother become really close to me and started spending allot of time with me, even with his friends, my older sister still continued to treat me like I was invisible.

The only time she would talk to me was if she had something to tease me about, or if she was mad at me about something However, Lennon even told me himself once that she treated him the same and maybe she just wished she had sisters instead of brothers because she just couldn't connect with boys as well as girls, and now that my mother had been divorced to my father for a few years, she was the only female in the house.

She also had lost touch with all of her friends and had a bad reputation since she graduated elementary school .and started junior high. Maybe, it was depression that made her so angry all the time. I wished I could have helped her with her problems, but I just didn't think I could help her in anyway and she never liked talking to me much anyway, so I just didn't say anything.