Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Lonely End ❯ Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Where are you?" Sora called out into the empty room, being on her guard in case something jumped out at her.

The man said nothing as he moved to be standing on top of a pillar with a smirk on his face as the poor girl below wandered through the warehouse in darkness.


--------------------------------------------------- ----------One Year Earlier...-------------------------------------------------------------

Sora sat in an open field, staring up at the bright orange and pink sky as the sun was setting into darkness.
She was at peace for once, her fox ears were not paranoid as they always happened to be whenever she was alone.
She was actually calm and accepting of how her life was at the moment, and she was not tensed up at all.

That is, until she was suddenly tackled onto her back.
"The hell was that for?" she grumbled before she glanced at who was now hovering over her. "Oh, it's just you," she smiled up at him faintly, rolling her eyes at her friend.

Nevik shrugged. "You were sitting there with a dumb look on your face. I had to do something interesting," he explained with a grin, his silvery hair falling to hide his right eye as he stared down at the redhead.
Sora mumbled something incoherent under her breath before she shrugged, "Whatever, as long as you don't plan on being a jerk anytime soon," she teased, looking into his eye so gold met green for an instant.
With that, Sora stretched her arms over her head and sat up to the position she had been in before, pushing Nevik to the side a bit. "What are you doing all the way out here?" she asked, since he usually was exploring forests and such.

Thinking for a moment, Nevik poked her forehead a few times. "Had to come visit my favorite vampire," he said with a wink, playfully messing with her long crimson hair.

Raising an eyebrow, Sora crossed her arms over her chest. "Who is it you want me to kill this time?" she asked, since the man always had a new job for her to complete.

Nevik never did his own dirty work.

Shaking his head, the silver-haired boy couldn't help but let out a small laugh. "Nothing that messy, don't worry. I just wanted to see how you were doing, and if you wanted to hang out in the city for the day with me?"

Sora was shocked, Nevik never really asked her to go anywhere, it was usually the other way around. She wondered what was so important in the city that she had to go all the way over there for.
She was an adventurous person, and was always up for something fun. Nodding quickly, Sora gave him a thumbs up as she stood up, wiping the dead grass off her backside as she did.

Upon reaching the outskirts of the large city, Nevik threw a beanie and an overcoat over to the girl. "Put those on, alright? You have certain... obviously not human parts," he whispered, meaning the tail and ears. Humans weren't ready to see things like that just yet.

With a nod, Sora simply did as she was told, still a bit confused since Nevik was never this caring over someone's appearance, especially to someone who really doesn't care about their looks in the first place.

As they finally got into the main area of the city, Nevik took hold of Sora's arm, pulling her into a nearby building, where he began to whisper close to her.
"Sora... I, um.. sort of... met someone," he stuttered out, hoping the girl's reaction wouldn't include any sort of anger or disappointment.

Blinking a few times, Sora took a minute to register what exactly the other was saying, though let out a weak smile. "Really? Where is she...?" she decided to ask, knowing she would meet the girl sooner or later.

Nevik grinned and pointed over to the seemingly endless shadowy depths of the room as if waiting for something to appear out of nowhere.

After a few moments of waiting, soft footsteps could be heard echoing off the empty walls, and soon a girl was directly in front of them.

The woman was pretty, Sora had to admit, with bright blue eyes and straight shoulder-length brown hair, and a figure to make any female jealous.
"Sora, this is Hana," Nevik introduced, staring longingly at the girl before them before giving a quick glance over to his friend.

Pursing her lips lightly, Sora smiled to hide her emotion. "Nice to meet you, I'm Sora," she said quietly, trying to be as friendly as possible as she held out a hand. It was difficult, as she never liked introducing herself to people.

Hana looked at Sora for a long moment before opening her mouth, not taking the girl's extended hand. "I know who you are," she stated simply, with a rather cold undertone.
Sora was, of course, taken aback, but Nevik on the other hand, he did not appear to have a clue that his date didn't care for his friend.