Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Magi Masuku ❯ Fire ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fire:
The Mysterious Strangers!
 
 
 
“You guys... are disgraces to our family name.” Chokitsune said as he looked his two brothers over in their room, Room 3. Patora was bruised and shaken from his encounter with Soushiki; Gumushi still had a broken arm.
 
Chokitsune seemed average compared to his brothers; he wasn't too skinny or muscular. He looked like any average guy. However, his clothes were just like his brothers', though his kanji was for `choki.' He had silver hair that stood up, roughly a foot tall itself. A snake was wrapped around his arm.
 
“So... why should I waste my time and teach this Musouka a lesson?” Chokitsune asked. “Why should I waste my time cleaning up your messes?”
 
“Please, brother!” Gumushi yelled as he suddenly grabbed Chokitsune's leg. Patora followed his example and grabbed the other one. “Find it in your heart, man!”
 
“Jeez, guys!” Chokitsune yelled as he struggled to walk away. “Look, I'm not going to waste my time, so leave me alone!”
 
 
 
“Wow!” Masuku said as he began running around the room like a madman. Herupanen, meanwhile, calmly jumped on to the bottom bunk of one of the two bunk-beds and lied down.
 
Masuku ran to the window at the back of the room and stared out, excited. “Look, Herupanen; you can see the courtyard from here! And there's the mess hall! And there's Dublin! And there's Ohmio getting beaten up by Eve! And there's—.”
 
“HEY, STUPID!” A voice called out from the doorway. The voice sent a shiver up Masuku's spine as he spun around, suddenly afraid.
 
The girl in the doorway was noticeably several years older than Masuku; also, she had long, red hair and green eyes. She wore a long robe that was red and had a tiny panda perched on her shoulder.
 
“So, stupid...” she said nonchalantly, as if it was Masuku's name, “you made it into the MagiGuard, eh? And you got lucky Room 13, just like I did when I was a cadet.”
 
“DORESU!” Masuku yelled in fear as he ran over to the bed Herupanen was lying on and hid under the covers.
 
“Get out of there, little idiot brother.” The girl said as she walked over to the bed and pulled the covers off of it, revealing Masuku huddled and still trying to hide. “I'm not going to hurt you, stupid; not unless you don't work hard during cadet practice!”
 
“YES, MA'AM!” Masuku cried out, still huddling.
 
“Good.” Doresu said as she began to walk away. Suddenly, she stopped and turned around. “Hey, Masuku...” she said, “forget about finding dad, alright? We both know he's dead... besides, you're a cadet in the MagiGuard now; you need to focus on that.” She walked out of the room, leaving Masuku in an uncomfortable silence.
 
 
 
An hour passed. Masuku was sitting on the bed, thinking about what his sister had said. “Dad's... not dead, Herupanen... I know it...” He said to his Familiar.
 
“Your sister's not as optimistic about it as you are.” Herupanen said. “She probably spent her time as a cadet trying to find him, only to not find anything... and she gave up...”
 
Suddenly, breaking the seriousness of the situation, Eve burst into the room, dragging Ohmio along. Masuku noticed that Ohmio had a black eye and a large bump on his head. Rather violently, Eve tossed Ohmio onto the bunk above Masuku and left the room, furious.
 
“She's... painful...” Ohmio said, obviously suffering. Masuku got off of his bed and peered at the top bunk to get a better look at his German roommate. “What did you do?”
 
“Oh... man...” was all Ohmio could say.
 
 
 
“So... little Masuku's all grown up.” The man said. He was covered completely in rags, hiding every inch of his body, save his eyes, which he held a pair of binoculars to. He was stood at the very top of the building opposite of the cadets' quarters and was looking right through Masuku's window.
 
“I still remember back when he was a baby...” the man said playfully. “Back when I took care of his mother...” he chuckled, apparently pleased with the memory.
 
“Calm down, Franken.” A woman said, utterly emotionless in her voice. She was dressed similarly to the man, but wore a necklace. Carved in the necklace was the letter P; it seemed to be on fire.
 
“Well, Agatha, I didn't know you'd be joining me!” Franken said as he opened his arms in a greeting gesture. “Good to see you! I'm sure if you had any emotions at all, you'd be pleased to see me, too!”
 
“The good doctor's given me permission to kill you if need be.” Agatha said calmly. “Do you remember the last time I killed you?”
 
“How could I forget?” Franken asked, doing his best to flirt with the emotionless woman. “We'll always have memories, eh, Aggie?”
 
“Please refrain from calling me Aggie.” Agatha said without moving an inch; she resembled a statue. “It does not show that you respect your superior, lowly assassin.”
 
Franken scowled and began looking around with the binoculars. Suddenly, he caught sight of Soushiki, walking towards the quarters. “Th-that's him!” Franken said, shocked. “That's Judgment's little brother!”
 
“The Tarot is involved?” A voice asked as another man suddenly appeared. Unlike the other two, he wore a grey cloak and gloves. His face was barely visible, however; the only thing that could be seen were five glowing, yellow eyes. Like Agatha, he wore a necklace with a flaming P on it.
 
“This... complicates things.” Agatha said. She turned to face the new arrival. “Argus, keep an eye on th—.”
 
“Wait...” the new arrival said as four of his eyes closed, only for five more to open in different places. “Do you mean watch them or actually put an eye on them? I can do both, you know.”
 
“I'm aware of that, Argus.” Agatha said. “Just watch them. You don't actually have to put an eye on them; I think they'd notice that.”
 
“Hey!” Franken yelled as he shoved Argus out of the way. “Isn't every member of the Tarot supposed to be Mage-level or higher? And Judgment is one of the 4! How can we fight that on our own?! I mean, you're not even a Magi, Aggie!”
 
“I'm well aware of their rankings.” Agatha said as she looked back through the window. “However, it is important to note we will be able to call in reinforcements; namely, Bakukage, the Shinigami, and Patan. Also, you forget that while I am not a Magi, I am not a normal human, either; none of us are.”
 
“Right, right.” Franken said cheerfully. “I knew all that.” He thought to himself. “I just couldn't stand Argus getting all of the attention!
 
Argus got up and wearily rubbed his head. “Moron...” he muttered as a strange, three-eyed hawk landed on his shoulder. “Invoke...” he said calmly as his Familiar turned towards the window. “Eye Connection.”
 
He chuckled at something as his Familiar eyed one of the beds. “Now... Special Skill: Eye Plant!”
 
 
 
“You've got to be kidding me.” Soushiki said upon arriving to Room 13 with Ninjou, his Familiar, perched on his shoulder. Ohmio was unconscious on his bed; Masuku was desperately attempting to beat his kendama toy and Symphon was just reading a book. All three of their Familiars were in a corner, having a staring contest.
 
“Hey!” Masuku said as he suddenly noticed Soushiki. “You're that guy from earlier today! Are you our fourth roommate?”
 
Soushiki stared at them for a bit, and then turned around to walk away. “So you are my roommates?” He asked without looking at them. “Hmph. The last thing I need are...” he suddenly turned to point at Masuku. “A fool...” He then pointed at Symphon, who put down his book. “A weakling...” next, he pointed at Ohmio. “...And a perverted fool of a weakling wasting my time. I have a job to do and you idiots had better stay out of it.” With that, he left.
 
“Could he be any more of a jerk...?” Ohmio asked as he got off of his bunk, taking the sheets off of it as he did so. He walked over to his suitcase, picked it up while still holding the bed sheets, and left, limping as he did so.
 
“What's he up to?” The badger asked curiously as he turned to Geber.
 
“He's probably going to try some alchemic experiments, Sonent.” Geber said as he stared at the doorway. “Not sure what, exactly; I'd better follow him to make sure he doesn't blow anything up.” He started for the door.
 
“Can I come?” Masuku asked happily as he jumped over to Herupanen, put him on his head, and looked at Geber hopefully. “It's pretty boring stuff, kid.” Geber explained. “Plus, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't understand it; you can come if you want, though.”
 
Excitedly, Masuku followed Geber out the door, with Herupanen still balanced on his head. In a few seconds, they had caught up with Ohmio... who was talking to Sujou. Her Familiar, Kanjouinyuu, was close by. When he saw Masuku and Herupanen coming, he gave the feline Familiar a mocking look.
 
“... So, I'd like to apologize for my rude behavior the other day.” “Uh-huh.” “See, I was under this Curse...” “Right.” “It's called P-Stamp...” “Sure.” “And it makes me act like a perv whenever I'm around girls.”
 
“... Do you honestly expect me to believe that lie?” Sujou asked after awhile.
 
“Well... yes.” Ohmio said, rubbing the back of his head. “So you admit it's a lie!” Sujou yelled as she pointed a finger in Ohmio's face. “No way, I'd never admit that it was a lie!” Ohmio retaliated. Suddenly, he realized what he had just said. “Fluch...”
 
Sujou shook her head disapprovingly. “You need to get over this problem.” She said patiently. “I'm sorry I tried to punch you, but—.”
 
“Yeah, about that...” Ohmio said, rubbing his chin in thought. “... I'm pretty sure I saw you blushing as you walked away. Were you embarrassed, or—?”
 
“What?!” Sujou yelled, taking a step back. “I was embarrassed I had responded with anger like that! How could you even think...” without any warning she prepared to punch him.
 
“Defense Tactic...” Ohmio said to himself as he grabbed Masuku and used him as a shield. “... MASUKU BLOCK!” The punch connected with Masuku's gut. Masuku actually spat from the force of the blow.
 
He... did it again...” Herupanen thought as he stared at what had happened.
 
“A... again...?” Sujou said, shocked it had happened twice. “Are... you okay?”
 
“Don't look at me, I'm fine; really.” Masuku said with a smile as Ohmio let go of him. “That didn't hurt too much.” “Man!” He thought to himself as he cried on the inside. “She's strong! I feel like I was just hit by... something!”
 
“Are you sure you're alright, Masuku?” Sujou asked as she watched Masuku stagger away into the courtyard. “I'm fine!” Masuku said as he held up his hand.
 
Masuku walked out of the courtyard and found it empty except for Prof. Dublin, who was sitting on a rock with an umbrella and a book. His Familiar, Galop, was still tied to his arm.
 
“Oh, Masuku.” Dublin said, suddenly noticing the young Cadet. “I didn't see you there for a second... you okay?”
 
“Yeah.” Masuku lied. “Just fine; no pain at all.”
 
“Good to hear...” Dublin said, slightly suspicious. “Uh... say, Masuku; don't suppose you'd be interested in an offer I have for you.”
 
“Sorry.” Masuku said, guessing at what the offer might be. “I'm not interested in learning how to cook; I'm plenty good already.”
 
“No, that's not it.” Dublin said, pushing his glasses up as he stood up. “Rather, I was wondering if you'd be interested in rising in the ranks.”
 
“The... ranks?” Masuku asked, confused.
 
“Magi are divided into different ranks depending on skill and where they are in the MagiGuard.” Dublin explained. “From weakest to strongest, the ranks are Cadet, Apprentice, Magician, Sage, Mage, and Wizard. However, these aren't counting the Four Great Sages, the four best Magi.”
 
“So... you're wondering if I want to become an... uh... Apprentice?” Masuku asked, still a tad confused.
 
“Apprentices are Cadets who are being given special lessons by higher-ranking Magi.” Dublin continued. “I was planning on teaching you so you could become an Apprentice. How's that sou—?”
 
“AWESOME!” Masuku yelled as he ran over to Dublin enthusiastically. “When do we start?!” “Uh... tomorrow?” “Should I bring anything?!” “Just any Grimoire you might ha—.” “THANKS!” Masuku yelled again as he ran back to his room happily.
 
“Wow.” Dublin said to his Familiar happily. “You ever see anyone that excited? He must be an Eikoumugen; they see something that excites them, and they, well... act like that. He's like a little kid at Christmas, not a fourteen-year-old getting ready to be taught.”
 
“Well, now that the distraction's out—humus—of the way, let's get started.” A voice said from behind Dublin.
 
Dublin raised an eyebrow and chuckled. “You're going to attempt to kill me?” He asked as he turned around and looked at the ground several feet away from him. “I can tell you don't have a very strong spirit; not to mention you're a Warlock.”
 
“You can tell all that—humus—even when I'm hiding underground?” The voice asked, fearfully surprised. Suddenly, a giant a of a man burst from the ground; he wore black, fingerless gauntlets, a blue tank-top, and a purple hood that his eyes. Dublin also noticed a strange, black symbol on the man's shoulder.
 
“You can call—humus—me the Behemoth.” The man said, cracking his knuckles. “So... you made a deal with Worldo...” Dublin deduced. “...A lower-level demon from Nether. Did he send you after me?”
 
“Worldo gets to eat me when I die—humus—; that's the deal I made with the guy.” Behemoth explained as he dusted himself off. “That doesn't mean that—humus—I work for him.”
 
Suddenly, Dublin noticed a strange necklace around the giant's neck. It showed a flaming `P' on it. “Huh...” Dublin said quietly. “Must be the guy's boss... but it doesn't look familiar...
 
“DARK ARTS...” Behemoth yelled as the symbol on his shoulder began glowing an evil-looking black and purple. Pebbles were floating off of the ground. “... BIBLICAL QUAKE!”
 
With amazing force, Behemoth slammed his fists into the ground. The ground began shaking fiercely, knocking Dublin off of his feet.
 
“TIME TO DIE!” Behemoth yelled as the ground stopped shaking and he charged at Dublin.
 
 
 
“Did you feel the earth shake a few minutes ago? ARRESTO?!” Venice asked Dundee and Kyoto while they drank coffee.
 
“Have you seen Boston or Dublin?” Kyoto asked, completely ignoring the question.
 
“What do I care where Boston is?” Dundee remarked as he took a large sip from his coffee. “I hate that guy. He trains anyone who's not American unfairly and gives Americans special treatment. He—.”
 
“Hey, guys.” Dublin said as he walked in with a bloodstained shirt. Galop, his Familiar, was now riding on his head.
 
“ARRESTO!” Venice yelled when he saw the blood. “Relax, it's not mine.” Dublin said with a friendly smile. “Some idiot Warlock actually tried to attack me. I didn't kill him, though; don't worry.”
 
“Wait.” Dundee said as he raised a finger, signaling the others to stop talking. His eyes narrowed angrily. “One of them's here... I can sense him...” he suddenly rushed out the door, knocking his chair down.
 
“I'll go make sure he doesn't hurt anyone.” His otter Familiar said as he calmly walked out the door.
 
 
 
Ohmio screamed as Dundee burst into the cellar he had been performing alchemic experiments in... Okay, he was looking at his magazines, but earlier he had been trying to turn lead into mercury.
 
“I KNEW ONE OF YOU DIRTY PERVERTS WAS HERE!” Dundee yelled as he tackled Ohmio to the ground. He began hitting the young pervert's head against the floor. “THAT'S NO WAY TO ACT TOWARDS YOUNG LADIES!”
 
“Jeez!” Ohmio yelled as he shoved the Scotsman off. “It's not like I'm some kind of giant pervert...” Suddenly, he felt Dundee pin his head to the floor.
 
“Curse...” Dundee said as he held up his free hand and his palm began glowing with a backwards `P.' “...P STAMP!” He pressed his palm against the back of Ohmio's neck and there was a flash of red Spirit.
 
“What did you just do to me, old man?!” Ohmio yelled angrily as he got up, knocking Dundee off of him in the process. “Ah, allow me to demonstrate.” Dundee said. “Uh... perv.”
 
Suddenly, a painful jolt of electricity ran through Ohmio's body. “What was—?!” “Perv.” Another jolt of electricity.
 
“The P Stamp is a Curse of my own creation.” Dundee explained gruffly. “Whenever someone says `perv—.'” “AHH!” “—you'll receive a minor yet painful jolt of electricity.” “MINOR?!” Ohmio yelled angrily.
 
“Look, kid...” Dundee said as he pulled Ohmio up by his collar, “You're a pervert; I hate perverts. So I guess I'm going to have to train you; if we're lucky, you may become a better person in the process.”
 
“No way.” Ohmio said sourly as he folded his arms. “Kiss my a—.” “YOU CUSS, TOO?!” Dundee yelled, now even angrier. “I HATE PEOPLE WHO CUSS!”
 
“Oh, great.” Ohmio said sarcastically. “Just great.”
 
 
 
Author's Note: Interesting chapter, eh? I've introduced the story's villain (or villains), I've set Masuku up with a teacher, I've set Ohmio up with an executioner, and... nobody reviews. Why doth thou not review? Okay, the first story arc begins in the next chapter. Review and I'll stop making fun of you behind your backs.
 
 
 
Next Time: The Magi Games