Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmare..or is it? ❯ Nightmare..or is it? ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hello all. This is my first time doing something like this so please be gentle with me"laugh". This story and all of its characters are mine.
Creak..Creak.
Her eyes flew open. She kept very still going so far as to holding her breath. Staring at the ceiling, she tried to see around the room without moving her eye's. Not having any luck and starting to see stars, she slowly closed her eye's while letting out the breath she was holding. As she took in some much needed air, she tried to hear if there was anything lurking in the shadows of her room but all she heard was the beating of her heart. After several minutes of the " can't see me if I don't move" act without anything happening she figured it was safe enough to move around, at least a little bit anyway. Darting her eye's around she sat up and immediately grabbed her left calf wincing and trying to rub out the cramp. Flexing her leg to make sure the cramp wasn't going to come back, she listened for anything out of the ordinary. Upon hearing nothing that shouldn't be there, she reached for the lamp beside her bed giggling nervously. When she flipped the switch and nothing happened she froze for the second time. Then she tried the switch a couple more times before she remembered that the bulb had burned out earlier that night. Darting her eyes to the switch by the door she jerked her hand back. She started to get out of bed when a scary thought hit her. THERE IS SOMETHING UNDER THE BED JUST WAITING. The foot that was about to touch the floor was jerked back so fast that she had to rub the cramp that came back. She looked around trying to find a way to the light switch without her feet being seen by whatever was hiding under her bed. Fighting back tears, she thought about yelling for her parents. Shaking her head she dismisses the thought. She is twelve after all. Besides, it took all afternoon to get her parents to let her stay up to watch that horror movie. Calling for them now would only prove them right and earn her the " told you, you were too young" speech. Taking a deep breath she brushed away the forming tears and straightened her shoulders. She jumped off her bed and dashed to the door without looking back, afraid she would see something terrifying come out from under her bed. Reaching the door and the light switch to the overhead light, she swiped the switch up and swung around into a crouched position to avoid any creature that happened to be behind her. Gasping for air and scanning for any possible threats, she slowly stood up. When she was satisfied that everything was as it should be, she sighed heavily and slumped her shoulders. Gathering her courage that had returned with the light, she marched over to her bed, got on her knees beside it and pulled up the covers to see under it. Upon seeing nothing but toys, dust, and some trash, she fell to the side and rolled onto her back with her arms spread out to the sides. She started to laugh at her foolishness when she heard a noise on the other side of the door. About to dismiss it, the movie that she shouldn't have watched before going to bed, but was never going to admit it, came to mind. She was debating on wether to check on the noise or to just go back to bed, when she heard it again. Going over to the door and putting her ear to it she listened for the noise. But it seems that the noise had stopped again. She had just decided to go back to bed when her bladder made itself known. Apparently jolts of fear is bad for the bladder. Squeezing her legs together she jerked the door open and made her way to the bathroom as fast as she could. After a couple of minutes the bathroom door opened to show the girl with a smile on her face, apparently she made it in time. With a happy little sigh she turned off the light and started back to her room when that scary noise started. Since she's in the hallway it's a lot louder than before. She had forgotten the scary noise so when it came back she jumped and almost had to return to the bathroom. This time she could tell where it came from. With her heart trying to beat its way out of her chest, she turned towards the sound which just happened to be coming from her parents room. Groaning to herself she started towards it, her courage coming from the light shining from her room. But that didn't last long after she saw the green glow coming from under the door. Sneaking up to the door she placed her ear on it to try and tell where in the room the noise was coming from. She paled when the noise came from the side that her parents bed is located. She slowly reached for the knob with a hand that refused to stop shaking. The knob was cold to the touch. Hearing the noise again, she took a firm hold of the knob shaped ice and with a deep breath she gave it a twist. Shoving open the door, her eyes flew to her parents bed. Here eyes widened and her jaw dropped at the sight that greeted her. There was a creature straight out of her nightmares leaning over her parents. The green glow that she had seen from under the door was surrounding her parents. Their faces were frozen in a look of terror. The nightmarish creature was sucking the glow from her parents. The more it sucked the more her parents looked like corpses. She must have made a sound cause the creature stopped sucking and raised its head to look at her. They stared at each other for what seemed like hours, then it slowly grinned. She didn't think it could get any scarier but she was wrong. With its pointed teeth dripping with drool it spoke, "Mine". Its eyes started to glow as it pointed at her... she shot up in bed gasping for air and crying. With a lot of effort she got herself under control. Wiping her eyes she froze as she heard the noise from her nightmare. This time she didn't freeze up after hearing it. Throwing off her covers and swinging her feet to the floor the only thing on her mind was her parents. Dashing for her door she threw it open with enough force to bounce it off the wall. Stepping into the hallway she looked towards her parents room and her stomach dropped as she saw the same green glow from her nightmare. Not stopping to think she ran over and jerked the door open fearing the worst. With fear she looked at her parents. She stared for several minutes not understanding what she was seeing. There was only the faintest of glows left surrounding what was left of her parents. Hearing a sound from the other side of the room, she spun around and saw the creature coming towards her with the same creepy grin on its face. It reached for her and...she woke up screaming her head off and crying at the same time. Her parents came running into her room. Her mother held her tightly, rocking and crooning softly in her ear while her father rubbed her back. They finally got her calmed down but she wouldn't tell them anything. She ended up sleeping between them. She fell asleep with her parents holding her on both sides and crooning to her, cause their daughters scream terrified them. They were both still shaking. It was a long time before they followed their daughter to dreamland. The last thing they heard just before sleep claimed them was a creepy laugh.