Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmares ❯ Nightmares ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
NIGHTMARES
 
 
 
I open my eyes, sweat is poring of me, I'm screaming. A nurse runs in and grabs my arms and holds me down to the bed. A doctor comes in with a shot. I scream louder. He gets it ready and jabs the needle into the closest part of my body. I go limp and the screaming stops and the nightmares begin.
 
I get up; it is four in the morning. I get dressed in the usual, spaghetti strap under a button up with a pair of blue jeans. Nothing special, just me. I get my things and grab my keys and purse. I walk out to my car where I am met by my dog Maggie. I say good morning and give her a treat like I always do. Then I get in my car and start the ignition. Just like every other day. My life was boring, but I liked it. Every day I would get up at four and go to school. I drove a blue slug bug, just like I had always wanted. I was seventeen and still in band. I loved my life. After school I would get in my car and drive to karate practice and work out for two to three hours every day, even when we didn't have practice. I was very confident and knew that if the need arose, I would be able to protect myself. I hadn't had a boyfriend since freshman year, I was now a senior. This was my last year in high school and I was proud of myself. I knew how to protect myself, I knew that I didn't need a man to take care of me like all my friends thought they did, and most importantly, I did not give up on my dreams. Instead, I was making them happen, right before my eyes.
 
But today was different, and I knew it. I stepped out to my car and greeted my dog as usual. I drove to school and parked in the staff parking space, as I did every day. I gathered my things and took out my keys, just as I had done every day since my sophomore year. What was so different about today? What could possibly change? I didn't know and I didn't pay attention to the feeling in my gut that told me to stay away. I walked up to the door and unlocked it. I walked inside and locked the door back again like I did every morning. I did not turn on the lights, I never did. I liked the dark and had grown accustomed to having that time in the dark. I knew no one with a key would be here for at least three hours, and nobody ever knew I got here this early. Honestly, some people assumed my car was a teacher's and they never saw me arrive or leave the school. I was just, there. I wasn't afraid of being alone in the dark; on the contrary, I enjoyed it. It was my “me” time.
 
I walked into the band room and straight into the annex. I put my Bass Clarinet in my slot along with my school stuff. I went to the center of the band room and sat there, meditating, just as I did every morning. While I was sitting there, I became one with my surroundings. I knew everything that was going on around me and inside of me. As I was getting in tune with this part of my mind, I noticed something. I wasn't alone that morning. There was someone watching me in the dark. They were staring at me between two chairs. My eyes were open, as they were every morning during meditation; I never blinked, not once, I could see everything, though I did not need my eyes to see it. The person was sitting as I was, only a row in front of me, turned toward me and staring intently. It blinked and breathed out a long sigh. I stood up, letting the person know I was aware of its presence. The person stood up as well. I went into the annex without turning my back to the person. They followed me, their eyes never leaving mine. I was captivated, why would someone be so interested in me? What do they want? How did they get in here?, I stopped, we were in the middle of the annex, standing face to face. “What do you want?” “Revenge.” “Who are you?” “Revenge.” “Why are you here?” “Revenge.” “Is that all you say?” “No.” “How did you get in here?” “I walked in through the door.” “But it was locked.” “Perhaps I have a key.” “Seriously who are you and why are you following me?” “I am revenge, I want revenge, and I want revenge against you.” “What did I ever do to you?” “You broke my heart.” “How is that possible? I haven't even had a boyfriend since freshman year.” “Exactly.” “So what could I have done to you that you would keep a grudge for four years?” “You broke my heart. I almost killed myself.” “Almost? What kept you from it?” “The thought of you.” “Well if I am the reason you were going to kill yourself then why would it be the thought of me to stop you?” “It was the thought of the pain I could put you through that kept me alive. Not the thought that you loved me, not that I loved you.” “I'm sure that if I dated you then I probably did love you at one time, but love doesn't last when you're young. It's like I have always said, `love is but raging teenage hormones soon forgotten.” “Well you sure as hell forgot it pretty soon.”
 
He lunges at me, I dodge him easily and get ready for a fight. I never fought people unless I was protecting myself or my friends, and even though I had a major temper problem, I had never used my martial arts skills against a person who didn't deserve it. But hey, he was coming after me, so I figure, why not kick his ass? It would make me feel better about myself for a couple of days. So as he came at me again, his leg up and outstretched, ready to kick me in the chest, I grabbed his leg and he fell to the floor at my feet. “Stop before you get hurt.” he growled kind of and jumped up ready to fight. Oh well, I warned him. I got in a fighting stance and prepared to kick his ass. He comes at me again, this time with his fist drawn, ready to hit me. I just stand there, legs apart, eyes forward, fists at my side, waiting for the very last moment. It came, just as he was about to make contact with my face I reach out, quick as lightning, and grab his wrist, he tries to kick me and I grab his ankle. He is balancing on one foot, he hits at me again, I dodge and he loses balance. He wobbles, trying to stay up. I let go of him and he backs away slowly. He gets back in his fighting stance, I do the same. I am concentrating on his face, his actions, even the way he breathes, trying to remember him. “Who are you? What happened?” “All that matters is that I am going to get my revenge, and I'm going to get it right now!” he lunges again, Rule number two, never attack in anger, your moves will be slow and your opponent will know your next move before you even think of doing it. Amateur. He jumps at me and just as he is about to land on top of me I do a back flip and catch him in the stomach with my powerful kick, he flies backwards and lands in a chair about ten feet away. “You've got a good leg.” “Thank you, I work at it.” He grins and runs at me again, he is now running on the wall, thinking to put me in awe and I get out of my pose, pretending to follow his plan, and as he draws closer to me, I ran up the wall and towards him. He is caught off guard and crashes to the floor. He quickly recovers and looks around for me. I finally give him a clue as to where I am, “Ahem, up here.” He looks up and amazement fills his face as he sees me floating in mid air, just above his head. I come down, my foot extended, and I kick him in the face, throwing him down on the ground as I land beside him and put my foot to his throat. “I am sorry if I hurt you when we dated, but that does not give you reason to attack me. If you come at me again I will hurt you much worse than I ever did before.” “is that a threat?” “No, that's a promise.” With that I remove my foot from his throat and turn my back on him and walk off. As a martial arts expert, I know that this is unwise and should never be done, but I know that this gives the opponent a chance to think, either about his next move, or if he is going to make a next move. I give him this chance, though while anyone else would be oblivious to his actions behind them, I know his every motion, and am ready when he comes at me again. I decide to let him get a hit in, to give him full opportunity to withdraw from the attack before I defend myself. As his fist meets my shoulder, though my left arm is limp and useless from the fracture his blow gives me, I grab his arm and break it at the elbow. He screams in pain and falls to the floor. I try to ignore the pain in my shoulder so he won't know I am weak. He is holding his arm in pain and I kneel down on the floor next to him. “Who are you?” “Your tormentor.” I gasp and tears well up in my eyes as hidden memories spring to the front of my mind after years of being stored away.
It is freshman year of high school, I go to band early in the morning, it is still dark out, and as I enter the annex I feel someone watching me. I flip on the lights and walk down to my storage space. The lights turn off and I am thrown into the darkness. Someone grabs me from behind and throws me down, before I can get back up the person is on top of me. He is ripping at my clothes, and before I can do more than punch him once or twice he has raped me, beaten me, and left me bleeding on the floor. It was four hours later that someone finally found me. Paden came in and put away his trumpet before looking around the annex and seeing me sprawled out in the floor, my blouse torn away, my skirt ripped to shreds. I am just lying there bleeding uncontrollably, my leg is broken and the bone is sticking out while blood pours on the floor. My eyes are open in shock, disgust, and pain. He rushes to my side and covers me with a jacket. He tries to get me talking, but all I can manage is, “why?” over and over again I say this. Tears stream down my face, and blood covering me. He pulls out his cell phone and calls 911. He comes with me to the hospital, trying to calm me down enough to get me to tell him what happened. I finally tell him of the attack. He swears then and there to get whoever did this to me, and promises never to hurt me.
“You? You did that to me? How could you? What did I ever do to deserve that? You ruined my life! You destroyed the best relationship I ever had! And for what? Me dumping you? Rejecting you? What? I want to know, and I want to know who the hell you are!” he grabs my throat with his good arm and throws me down on the ground. He straddles me and whispers in my ear, “My name is…You dumped me for my best friend. I raped you to prove that I would get what I wanted, and that there was no escaping me,” “But you were my friend. I trusted you. I confided in you. Even now I treated you like family. You were a brother to me. And you lied to me! You ruined everything!” tears continue to pour out of my angry eyes. “Yes and I'd do it again! In fact, I believe that's why I'm here! Today is the anniversary of my day of revenge is it not? That's right. Four years to the day. I succeeded in my search to keep you away from any guy but me, and now I'll remind you of the hurt you caused me!” he began tearing at my clothes, flashes of that horrid memory flashed through my mind, I knew it was hopeless, I could do nothing with my shoulder like it was. He would win again, and I would be able to do absolutely nothing. Then the picture of Paden flashed through my mind, how he looked at me with pity. Then how he went behind my back and slept with my best friend while I recuperated. I would not let that happen again. I would not be the victim. Just as he managed to pin me and was wrestling with my bra, I set my eyes straight and evil, the only expression I had was one of hate and revenge. This time would be different; this time he would be the victim. This time, I would not need the pity of the one I love. This time, he would die. Just as he was ready to begin his fun, I grabbed the hand that was wrapped around my throat; I broke it at the wrist. He cussed and stuck his knee in my chest. I moaned in pain as he dug in and I felt my shoulder be ground into the floor. I punched him in the face and he gets off balanced. I am able to get his head in a leg lock and throw him backwards and off of me, choking him all the time. “You will not touch me again. I am in control. And no one makes a victim of me.”
In one swift motion, I twist my legs and his neck snaps. Just then, Paden comes through the door, my best friend hanging off him like a toy. He looks at me, his eyes widen in shock and he dumps his whore in the floor and runs over to me as I collapse in the floor next to the lifeless form of my tormentor. He calls the police and asks for an ambulance. Once again he rides with me to the hospital. He asks me what happened, I tell him everything, the first time I've spoken to him in four years. He shakes his head in disbelief at who my tormentor is. Then he apologizes for all the things he did to me, and begs my forgiveness. I look up into his perfect brown eyes and say, “We swore to always love each other, I kept my end of the bargain. You gave up on me when I needed you most. I do still love you, but what you did is unforgivable and I have realized, that no matter how much I love you, I no longer need you. So you can go back to your slut, and leave me alone. You didn't help me last time, and I don't need you now.
 
I wake up from my nightmare, I realize that it wasn't just a nightmare, it was all real. Today was my four year anniversary of the four year anniversary. My parents had put me in a clinic when they thought I was mentally unstable after my ordeals. I have not seen the light of day since. I am locked in a room with no windows, and chains on the bed. It is then that I realize that this is where the real nightmares begin.