Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Revelations to Unjust Historical Mistakes Lead to Discrimination ❯ Revelations to Unjust Historical Mistakes Lead to Discrimination ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is my original work. Tell me what you think. Please review.
 
Revelations to Unjust Historical Mistakes Lead to Discrimination
 
 
Everyone looks at me differently and they always will. It is part of High School, Society and Human Nature. Why?
 
 
-I dress differently.
-My friends have problems.
(Sometimes I think they are mental)
-My x-Boyfriend is gay.
-I hate shopping.
-I have blue hair.
-My lab partner has a nose ring.
-I have a ferret as a pet.
And……
-My parents are of two different religions.
 
 
And everyone else dresses the same, acts immature and has the same interests.
 
 
Next time you are in history class, I persuade you to open your books and I could show you what one would say was human nature. For I can point out to you that every war has been in one way, shape or form, connected to religion.
 
 
~One side to Discrimination.
 
 
When some one doesn't look or act the same, everyone will look down on you.
 
 
Right now I am currently waiting for my grandparents to pick me up from the Airport Security. A misunderstanding for sure. It all started when my parents put me on a plane to my grandparents' vacation house, to spend `quality' time with them.
 
 
As I walked on the plane, I started to feel queasy (I am scared of flying and hate it).
 
 
The flight attendant asked, “Dear are you all right?” in a sickenly sweet tone.
I stand there, trying to get in my seat, but was currently being blocked by the flight attendant. I had to stand there and listen to her fake voice, and all ready not being in a good mood I snapped, “Yes I'm fine! I am flying to my death on an airplane, when I loath flying.”
 
 
Out of the corner of my eye I could see the man behind me with a raised eyebrow, staring at my blue hair and piercing. I wished to ask if his mother ever told him it wasn't polite to stare, but decided against it. Shall I add that I was absolutely amused at her bewildered face? My dad would be proud (sarcasm right there)!
 
 
So now I am seated and the plane takes off. I say a silent prayer, hoping to god, that the plane doesn't crash.
 
 
The same man behind me coughs and I could feel the intensity of his stare; like he was drilling holes through my head, only instead of power drills, he used his eyes.
 
 
I decided to remain ignorant to this fact. A tip to you, never remain ignorant, given the chose to.
 
 
Now the plane is in the air and we are allowed our electronics. I downloaded this really cool music video other day. So of course I want to watch it.
 
 
Technology these days, can you believe it? I just bought earphones the other day, which are cordless. I guess the man staring at the back of my head didn't see them, although he did see my laptop.
 
 
I went into my files
and clicked on-
 
 
-Death by Edward Lineal
 
 
But of course, the guy behind me only saw the word in bold letters that read Death, as he peaked through the slit between the empty seat and where I was currently sitting. And he thought I didn't notice, HA! Yet I chose to remain ignorant, bad idea.
 
 
I clicked on the link and it started the video. I closed my eyes and let my head fall back on the seat, tilted toward the ceiling and took a deep breath as the lead guitarist started an opening solo. I opened my eyes and turn my volume all the way up, watching the count down screen and as I waited for it to get to zero I wondered what this music video was going to be about. Now don't you just hate nosy strangers?
 
 
Since I had my music up blaring into my ears, like most teenagers do, I didn't have any hope of hearing the screams of the nosy man behind me screaming,
 
 
“TERRORIST!”
 
 
As you read before, I am currently sitting in airport security, having my own escort off the plane. My crime unjustly charged to me by discrimination and human nature, by assumption.
 
 
My blue hair,
-attitude,
-behavior,
…and jewelry, but most of all my ignorance to the crime at which I blame them for now. Yet I can't help to say, “aren't we all,” ignorant, I mean. To the mistakes made in the past history, repeated assumptions and denied discrimination we will stay ignorant. Predictable, isn't it, but we are slowly learning. For now, all I expect is to be grounded on this vacation.