Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Romancing Lucifer ❯ Contract 6: Promise ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Romancing Lucifer

By: Melissa Norvell

Contract 6: Promise

XxXxXx

Seraj opened the front door to see Lucifer, sitting casually on the couch with a bored look plastered over his tanned features. The young Nepali didn't care how bored the angel was. He was angry and he wanted Lucifer to feel his wrath.

"What did you say to her?" Seraj asked as he balled his fists to either side.

"What did I say to whom?" Lucifer asked casually, as if the whole situation was news to him. He wasn't about to admit to anything that he didn't have to admit to.

"I know that you said something to Sajani," the boy pressed.

"No welcome home? It's always about Sajani with you. Can you talk about someone else?" Lucifer dismissed. His constant references to Sajani made him tired. That girl was the entire reason that he couldn't go back to hell, not to mention the reason that things weren't easy as far as getting Seraj to succumb to his plans went.

"Not when you're making her hate me," Seraj glared at the angel.

"Did you see me at your school?" The question was a simple one. If he had no proof, then he had no reason to go around blaming him for the incident, even though he knew that he was guilty. The lies were all part of the deception. The less Seraj knew, the better of their relationship was.

"No…" Come to think of it…Seraj didn't see Lucifer anywhere near the school. When it came down to it, did he really even have any proof that Lucifer caused it other than Sajani's words?

"Then you can't accuse me of anything."

"I know that you did it," the black-haired boy spat. He didn't have to have any proof and he believed his ex. She didn't usually say things like that unless they were true. He at least knew her that well and her words were good, especially over Lucifer's.

"How do you know that it wasn't Yaone?" Lucifer brought up a possible scapegoat. His partner in crime wouldn't tall Seraj whether or not it was she or Lucifer who had actually done it to the girl.

"What?" Come to think of it, Seraj hadn't really thought of it that way before.

"Isn't she the one who's so upset with you for still wanting to make amends with her?" The sly angel asked, keeping his usual calm façade, as to not arouse any suspicion from the Nepali boy.

"Like you don't want it just as badly," he knew that Lucifer had the exact same feelings. Aside from that, Yaone worked for Lucifer, so when it came right down to it, it was essentially Lucifer's fault.

"This is just one step of karma," the angel advised. The karma of hating Sajani for what she had done caused her to hate him back. All things happened like this in due time, and no one ever got away for their sins.

"Karma?" Seraj asked with a confused look on his face.

"Yes, I warned you that bad omens would come if you did not take heed to my warning," Lucifer replied.

"So, it was you." There it was! He knew that he was right about Lucifer and now the angel had just admitted it right in front of him! So much for having knowledge that rivaled God.

"No, it was Yaone this time. I just helped her out," the angel was amused at the show of pride from the young boy. A smirk came across his face at the thought of Seraj's sins.

"You're both against me!" Seraj shouted in anger. What kind of friends did he have anyway? He felt like nothing but a sacrifice to the angel. It was like they were setting him up to go to hell in a hand basket with a being that he wasn't even supposed to believe in! A large weight was on his shoulders and he felt as if it were him against the world.

"Until you get your revenge, then you'll be rid of this whole situation," the angel decided to give him a sense of false security. He'd be rid of the situation but Lucifer wasn't about to be rid of the boy yet. Seraj was a part of a much larger plan.

"I'd rather be friends with her. Why won't you just let me be?" It wasn't as if Lucifer didn't have anything else to do. Couldn't he go commit sin somewhere else?

"You're in a contract," the green-haired angel pointed out. "You won't get away from me until you fulfill your end of the contract."

"I told you, I'm not in this!" Seraj wanted nothing to do with this contract of Lucifer's in any way, shape or form. Why couldn't Lucifer just go back to hell?

"You live in a pit of denial," Lucifer replied, truly this body didn't continue to think that their contract was something that was so simply voided. The Nepali boy was just being stubborn, but that was fine to him. The angel had an abundance of patience and could wait for things to unfold. After all, he was in complete control of the situation. The boy had already become tangled in the intricate web of his plan.

"You just want to destroy my life," the black-haired boy retorted. He was the devil. He was good at destroying lives, so why wouldn't he want to destroy his?

"Perhaps but there is a reason why I want to. As I have stated before, you should learn to heed my warnings," Lucifer sneered in satisfaction at the boy. The look on his face was like a sadistic omen that befell Seraj like a dark, suffocating cloak.

"You tricked me and I won't let you turn me gay," Seraj sharpened his voice as he shoved an accusing finger in the angel's face.

"I could have anyone I want," Lucifer was unamused for a moment before he picked back up with his calm façade. "What makes you think that I want you?"

"The shower and the kissing." There was no way that Lucifer could lie to him. From moment one, Seraj knew that the angel had wanted him. There was no denying it!

"That's pure lust," the answer shook the boy's confidence on his last statement. All of a sudden, for reasons unknown to him, he felt as if he were an insignificant grain of sand compared to the spiky-haired angel's majesty.

Lucifer could have at least thought that he was worth something as far as looks went. Then again, why did he seem to care that the sinful man simply lusted after him? The very thought perplexed Seraj before he became angry again.

"I'm not your possession," the boy shot.

"No, you're right," the angel agreed.

"So don't try and possess me," Seraj warned and he didn't mean in a magical way. He didn't want to be any sort of belonging to the angel, especially if he was simply going to just lust after him.

"I'm not; I'm simply trying to tell you through messages, what truly is best for you."

"How would you know what's best for me? You're Satan," the devil only knew what was worse for him. Besides, he knew that Lucifer just wanted to get down his pants, so the last thing he would do would be to submit to his ridiculous plans or become any more a part of his life then he had already been.

"Sometimes, the devil knows best," Lucifer smirked mischievously.

"Yeah, you're funny," Seraj glared at the dark angel. Lucifer's confidence absolutely irritated the hell out of him. How was it that he always seemed so unshakably confident?

"You're amusing as well," the tall man slowly lifted himself up and walked slowly and casually towards the Nepali boy. Looking down on him with blood red eyes as he placed a hand on his hip. "Are you going to do as I say now?"

"No, are you crazy?" The human replied. Just because Lucifer threw his weight around like a king didn't mean that it would make him reconsider his negative answer.

"What do you think?" The angel turned his head to the side.

"You're a bastard," Seraj answered honestly. It seemed like an opening for an insult to him. Whatever got the point across that he didn't like Lucifer and Lucifer shouldn't like him back.

"Well, it takes one to know one. Bastards are my specialty," Lucifer smirked. What an insolent child, although he couldn't deny what he was. To him, however, it was more of a compliment then an insult.

"Why?" Seraj asked. "Because you can relate so well?"

"Perhaps, that's why you and I get along so well," Lucifer told the human. Seraj was offended by his comment. He was not a bastard! He was nothing compared to Lucifer and to add insult to injury, the boy had been put on the same level as the angel. It was something that made his stomach lurch in disgust.

"No, we don't and no I'm not working for you." Comments like that only fueled his urge to be defiant. Even if he so much as thought about being Lucifer's pawn, he would not do it without a fight.

"Then we'll have to step this up a notch."

"What do you mean?" The boy had the most sneaking suspicion that things were about to get even more complicated then they had been. No doubt Lucifer had plans. The angel probably just sat around all day, thinking of ways to make his life miserable. Seraj dreaded whatever came his way in the future, but for now, he wouldn't think of such things.

"The more you resist, the more unbearable it will be for you. You should learn not to accept my help. I'm stuck up here with you now."

"Good, I hope you are miserable." It would be one of the few things that brought joy and ease to his soul. Seraj felt as if he had some sort of comfort, knowing that Lucifer was unhappy in the mortal world.

"No, amused," Lucifer smirked.

"You get on my nerves," the boy grumbled as he fumed to himself. He'd never met anyone more irritating then the dark angel.

"I'm glad. It's nice to know that I can get to you in one form or another," the dark man admitted. Seraj's anger, pain and happiness were all something that he could easily control and Lucifer knew that fact all too well. Humans were very easy to control once they had succumb to sin and he was no exception.

"Just go away."

"It will get worse for you. Bad omens will come," Lucifer warned him once again. If Seraj had any sense at all, then he would comply, knowing what happened to him so far.

"Yeah, yeah," the Nepali boy was no longer interested in what he had to say. It was the same old clichéd phrase with him, and he saw no bad omens yet. It was probably just some scare tactic that Lucifer was trying to use to get him to at least consider succumbing to his will, and he would have none of it.

The angel frowned. "You shouldn't make lightly of the situation. It wouldn't be in your best interest."

"So what?" The boy shrugged off nonchalantly.

"I'm not responsible for what happens to you out of ignorance."

"You won't get in the way of my friendships or my life," the black-haired boy told the man coldly, before glaring at him and retreating to his front door. Seraj opened the door slightly, the sunshine from outside smoothly poured into the door like a screen of pale yellow, draping itself across the two men.

As his golden eyes took one more look at the angel, he couldn't help but notice the way that the sun hit his perfect body. Smooth, blemish-free, tanned skin seemed to glow under the natural lighting. His dark-green, spiky hair shimmered with greens, reds and blacks and his black wings glittered with the colors of an oil spill. As much as he proclaimed to hate him, Seraj could not deny that Lucifer's beauty did more than outshine his own and next to someone like him Lucifer was magnificent.

"I'm leaving, please stay here and don't get into trouble," the boy's eyes narrowed at the last phrase. Getting into trouble was something that a sneak like him was good at.

"I can't promise you anything regarding that," the winged being replied as the sunlight reflected in his dark red eyes, making them shimmer with striking clarity. They were the eyes of murder, sin and destruction. They eyes of deceit, falsehood and mischief. The eyes of something so wondrous and beautiful. "Where are you going, anyway?"

"To hang out with some friends," there was no way in hell that he would tell him exactly what he was doing. It wasn't his business anyway. Aside from that Seraj really did need some time to himself to think about things. Being away from Lucifer for a while would do him some good.

"When will you be back?" Somehow, he knew that question would come.

"I'm not going to tell you. Besides, if you're so psychic then maybe you should look into the future or whatever you do," Seraj shot sarcastically as he stood in the doorway with one hand on his hip.

"I shall." If the boy wanted to challenge him, then he would gladly accept.

"See you." With that and a single wave of the hand, the boy turned and shut the door behind him, temporarily closing the door on his current problems and finding release in the outside world. He knew that he would eventually have to come back to Lucifer, but he would worry about that when he had to drag himself back inside of that miserable house.

"Alright, good-bye…" Lucifer replied after the door was shut. He continued to stare, concentrated on the boy's form until it left his sights. Indeed this would be interesting…

Things were working according to his plans so far, and if one of those plans happened to falter in the least, he would make sure that he had many back-up plans for all of the possible situations. With all of the knowledge that he had acquired in trying to best God at his own game, Lucifer knew that he was far above Seraj.

However, there was something about this boy that fascinated him a little beyond his comprehension. Not to be confused by his own urges, Lucifer simply shook it off as lust and proceeded to move on with his next plan.

XxXxXx

Seraj continued to walk down the semi-populated street with his head down and hands in his pockets. He was still in his school uniform and didn't bother to change into his casual clothes. He didn't want to give the perverted angel any incentive to try and get frisky with him while he was changing. The boy looked to be in deep contemplation over his recent strain of events. He definitely had several problems on his hands, and the Nepali exchange student really wanted to patching things up without Lucifer's help.

'I've got to make things right with Sajani. I know that I can't get away from Lucifer but I can't let him control my life either.' Seraj sighed and closed his eyes. 'What do I do?'

Just as his thoughts ended, he felt a large hand placed upon his shoulder. "Huh?" The boy let out in a rushed, yet quiet tone as his body jumped at the contact. Seraj had a funny feeling that a certain hell king may have followed him against his advice. If the angel dared to follow him, he'd punch him in the face. The Nepali boy quickly turned to face the one who had sat their hand on his shoulder.

A look of shock was written across his face at who it was.

"Man, you scared the hell out of me!" A boy with long, spiky brown hair of a lanky build was a few feet away from him with his hands in front of his face. He seemed rather surprised at Seraj for turning around so quickly.

"Likewise," Seraj began to calm down. "Don't go putting your hands on people when they don't know you're there." He had almost punched that boy that he was going to hang out with that day. Damn Lucifer for making him so suspicious of everyone!

"Well, we followed you for a block, shouting your name and you didn't answer, so we just decided to follow you," the brown-haired boy jerked his thumb back to two other males, who stood behind him. One of them was a pretty boy type, with long black hair that was parted down the middle, and brown eyes. The other was the complete opposite, with lazy blue eyes and short, white hair. All of them were dressed in their school uniforms.

"Huh?" Seraj blinked. He hadn't even noticed the two who stood behind him. "Shita? Doramon?"

"Gokuto, are you sure this guy wants us to hang with him?" The white haired male asked the brown-haired one.

"He doesn't act like he even knows us. I'm offended," the long-haired, pretty boy placed a hand to his chest and wore a look of faux offense. "I thought we were friends."

"Doramon, we are friends!" Seraj shot, a little annoyed by the long-haired boy's comment, but happy that his friends seemed to care about him enough to joke with him. "I've just…got a lot on my mind." That was the most simple way to put it that the Nepali could think of for that moment in time.

"Ever since you've broken up with that Sajani girl, you haven't been yourself," the white-haired boy, known as Shita pointed out. Over that period of time, he had noticed a drastic change in the other male's mood.

"So we're here as your support group. We have to make you feel good," Gokuto said with a large, toothy smile as he held his arms out to gesture that his group of sorts consisted of the three of them.

"My support group?" Seraj was little unamused of his goofy friend's idea of therapy. "I didn't know that I had one of those now." The boy told them in dead pan.

"Apparently you do," Shita said in a voice equal to that of his friend's. Being in a support group wasn't his thing and if he wanted to do that, then he just would have become a male cheerleader.

"So, what are we going to do, Mr. Support Group Leader?" Doramon joked as he nudged Gokuto with his elbow in a playful manner.

"First, we'll go to the noodle shop and then we'll go and hand out at the bridge!" Gokuto raised his finger in the air matter-of-factly.

"Bridge?" Seraj looked to the group with confusion.

"There's a bridge over a river two streets down. We go there and hang out all of the time," Doramon explained.

"We thought that we'd take you there and show you around," Shita suggested in agreement with his long-haired friend.

"Unless you're afraid if heights. It's pretty far up," the long-haired man placed a finger on his chin in thought. That would be a deterrent from wanting to go with them.

"No, I'll be fine. We can go. Maybe I can get my mind off of a few things," Seraj was actually happy that they had offered. Going to a peaceful place always got him into a calmer mood and hanging out with a different set of friends would definitely do him some good. Anything to take his mind off of Lucifer was a work of wonder to him.

The Nepali boy heard his friends rejoice around him, shouting with glee and happy that he wanted to go with them to the bridge. Who knew? Maybe it could be fun?

XxXxXx

The sight before him was something breathtaking and wonderful. The massive amount of sparkling water against the cloud accented skies and the cool after noon air flowing through his short, black hair calmed his nerves. The group of boys had been at the bridge for only a few moments and they had already made themselves feel right at home with it.

Gokuto sat comfortably on the railing with both feet dangling over the edge and his hands rested on the concrete surface on either side of his hips. Doramon, however, was a little more adventurous then his friend. The long-haired boy stood on the railing, standing straight with his arms extended to either side and his eyes closed, marveling at the cool air rushing through his long, black locks and causing them to dance in the air.

"Look at that river!" Doramon reopened his brown eyes as he set his sights on the river in front of him. "What a sight!"

Seraj leaned over the railing, staring down at the water below them. If someone should happen to fall, then there wasn't a doubt in his mind that they would surely die. The black-haired boy then glanced at Doramon with a serious expression. "Do you guys really think that you should stand up there like that? It's a long fall down."

"It can definitely kill you, but that's part of the thrill," Shita, who was beside of him, responded to his worries with something that made him worry even more then he had before.

"We know it's dangerous but we live for the thrill," Doramon turned nimbly around, facing his group of friends. "Haven't you ever wanted a thrill in your life? Don't you want to live on the edge?"

Seraj knew that the statement was asking him if he'd like to stand on the edge with him, but he had enough thrills in his life, between his Satanist friend Yaone, to Lucifer and his shenanigans, he didn't think he could take much more living on the edge.

"Why do people keep asking me that?" Seraj questioned a little irritated as he placed his hands back into his pockets and closed his eyes, frowning heavily. It was something that Lucifer had said to him before about sunning. He hated it. He hated being asked that question!

"Huh?" Shita blinked in confusion. He never knew that statement could be so offensive. Seraj acted like someone told him that he screwed his mother or something.

"I hate risks. I don't want to take any more risks," Seraj informed the group. He would not involve himself in that activity at all. Not to mention the fact that he didn't want to have anything to do with their stupid risks anyway. Who wanted to stand above a bunch of water that could kill you if you hit it from four stories up? The boy was already taking risks with Lucifer; he didn't care to take them with his friends too. After all, he did come outside to get rid of his worries, not create more stress.

"What do you mean?" Doramon was a little confused by his angst-ridden attitude towards the subject. "Something happen to you or something?"

"Yes but it's not something that you'd understand," the Nepali boy didn't even want to start on that subject.

"How do you know unless you talk to someone about it?" Doramon asked. Seraj shouldn't judge people so prematurely. They might understand, but he removed all chance of them trying to understand him by refusing to tell them about it.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you, not to mention the fact that I'd be called crazy by you guys," Seraj noted. He refused to tell anyone else about Lucifer. Not for the angel's sake but for the fact that he didn't want a reputation as the crazy man all around school. It put even more of a damper on his reputation then everything that had already happened to him with Sajani.

"Well, I can't really help you if you don't want to tell me. You should be more open and maybe you'd have better luck with the ladies," Doramon tried to ease in a joke as he placed his arms behind his head and crossed one leg over the other.

As his leg went backwards to rest behind the limb that sat flatly on the surface of the railing, a masculine, yet elegant, ring infested hand reached up and grabbed his slender ankle, pulling on it and causing Doramon to look as if he'd stepped back a little too far. The frightened boy flailed his arms around in an attempt to keep his balance, but he only managed to fall backwards and let out a scream.

His friends turned in unison to see him go over the edge. They called out his name in unison as Gokuto lunge forward and grabbed his foot. In order to keep from falling himself, Seraj had to grab his waist. Shita decided to give Seraj extra ground by holding on to him as well. All of them seemed to form a human chain as Doramon dangled in the air.

"Pull me up, please!" The scared boy begged for his life.

"I'm dangling here!" Gokuto responded.

"I'm trying," Shita groaned as he tugged backwards on Seraj's form. One wrong move and they could all go sailing over the edge.

"Don't let go!" The desperate boy pleaded as he literally stared the face of death in the eye. Paranoia and fear struck him down deep and he was praying that his friends would be able to save him. If they did, he would never stand on the railing of the bridge again.

"Don't worry! I won't!" Gokuto promised. Even if he had to fall into the water with him, would he even think about letting go? The brown-haired boy refused to let his friend just die like that. Life was a very precious thing, and it was not to be wasted in its prime.

"I'll worry a lot less when I get back up!" Doramon shouted.

"Everybody, pull!" Seraj shouted as he began to slowly pull the long-haired boy over to the bridge very slowly. When they had finally gotten Gokuto to the ledge of the railing, Doramon's heart began to fill with hope. Maybe he was going to be rescued! Things were looking up for him and the long-haired boy smiled a little, thankful that his life was soon to be spared by the good will of his friends. Doramon didn't know what he'd do if it weren't for those guys. As he was slowly being pulled up, he saw something underneath of the bridge. It was a man!

A look of shock and question crossed his features.

What the hell was a man doing under such a tall bridge? There was no possible way that any normal man could even get all the way up there, so how was this man able to accomplish such a feat?

Doramon had only blinked to take his eyes off of the man before he was soon met up face-to-face with him. The school boy was nearly floored at what he was. Before him was a single man that stood on thin air as if it were nothing. The strange being before him was urethral and had a strange, exotic beauty about him that would even make the straightest of men question themselves.

"Who are you?" The long-haired boy was wide-eyed with awe and his voice was shaky.

"I'm the devil." That statement was so simple as if it were an everyday occurrence, and to him- it was.

"What?" Doramon was floored by the statement, but he didn't have much time to react as his wrist was grabbed tightly as Lucifer pulled down on him, using his weight to weigh him down. This was all punishment to Seraj for refusing to obey his orders. Perhaps when the boy learned that things would only get worse with solid proof, would he truly understand the consequences at hand.

"What are you doing? Stop!" The boy shouted as he struggled against the devil's grip.

"What are you doing? Stop struggling!" Gokuto commanded in a loud voice. Now was not the time to flip out. Unfortunately for him, he could not see the angel who tried to drag his friend to his death below. All he truly saw was Doramon, struggling to stay in the air. People often went into a fit of paranoia if they stayed in a tense situation for so long. Everyone had their breaking point and he simply saw Doramon's situation as a sort of breaking point.

Struggling, however, would only make the situation worse, and guarantee his long-haired friend a quick death.

"Get away from me!" Lucifer's victim continued to struggle against him, not wanting to be pulled closer to the water's cruel surface.

"My hand is slipping!" Gokuto called out as his grip on the boy's foot loosened a little.

"Pull harder!" Shita commanded as he pulled on Seraj's body with all of his might.

"I'm trying but it feels heavier than before," Seraj struggled to keep his own footing. He had figured that it was only heavier because of the struggling boy on the other end of Gokuto's grasp. The Nepali boy was completely unaware of Lucifer's presence.

"We have to keep trying or he'll fall. If he falls, then he'll die when he hits the surface of the water," Shita informed. A fall from this high up would make the water like a solid surface and once Doramon's body hit it, it would do a lot of damage. Even if Doramon was still alive after he hit the surface, he would have no way to swim back up to get help.

"Doramon, just stay still and don't let go," the Nepali boy called out, hoping that his words would calm the boy's frightened soul.

"Help! Something's..Help! Get off of me!" The long-haired pretty boy called out as he flailed and twisted his body in horror, as if he were fighting something terrible off of him but when Gokuto looked down, all he could see was the water and air.

Had Doramon gone mad?

"What's your problem?" Shita was beginning to get irritated with whatever was going on, on the other end of their human chain. There was no way that he could pull them up with Doramon flailing around like that.

"You can give us hell when you're on the ground," Gokuto hoped that Doramon would at least let up on his bodily movements.

"Stop it!" The boy shouted down at Lucifer, who was completely calm, despite such a tense situation. The look in that boy's widened brown eyes was something that he took great sadistic joy in. The fear, paranoia and misery of one's face before they were about to face death. The human weakness and defiance that one held right before their fall. In a way, it was also something that he liked about Seraj and more than anything, it would be fun and interesting to see his captive break down.

"I've come to collect a few souls and thanks to your friend, Seraj, yours has been selected for a very special sacrifice," Lucifer told the boy.

"What? I don't want to die!"

"I can't hold on much longer!" Gokuto told everyone as he strained to keep his grip the strongest that he could.

"My shoe is coming off!" Doramon called out, and the shrill panic in his voice brought happiness to Lucifer's black heart.

"Hurry! Pull us up!" The look on the brown-haired boy's face turned to one of terror. If something wasn't done within the next five minutes, Doramon was as good as dead.

Seraj and Shita pulled and tugged with all of their might, knowing the dire distress of the situation. Gokuto finally had managed to get all the way behind the railing so that he could also help pull his freaked out friend onto the ground. He didn't understand why they hadn't managed to get Doramon back onto the bridge yet. With all three of them pulling, it would have been more than enough strength to get their friend back onto land, flipping out or not.

"Come on! Hurry up!" Doramon's cries got more desperate with each word.

"We almost got you!" As soon as the words were spoken, Lucifer yanked down harshly on the boy, causing his foot to slip out of his shoe. Feeling his grip lighten, Gokuto attempted to reach out and grab him to recover himself and possibly save the boy's life, but he only caught the air. The group of boys rushed over to the side of the bridge and watched helplessly as their friend plummeted into the water below.

"Doramon…" Tears clung to Gokuto's eyes as he nearly cried over his friend's loss.

Lucifer flew in the air, his cruel red eyes watched the water's below, then he glanced to the railing to see the pained look on Seraj's face. The reward was satisfying as he saw the anguish that leaked thickly onto his face. "The sacrifice has been made. More bad omens will befall you if you don't accept the terms of our pact."

XxXxXx

Seraj's day had not gone well, and his friend's death only made him more depressed than he had already been. After, Doramon's fall, he decided to simply go back home as the police investigated the scene of the crime. The Nepali boy's life had taken a sad turn. He and Doramon had known each other since he transferred to the school and now he was gone, never to return.

There were many things that he didn't understand about what happened, but he decided not to think about it too hard. A lot had happened, and the last thing he wanted to do was put himself in a vulnerable position with Lucifer.

He had almost forgot. He had to return to that cruel angel, who would never give him a second thought for sympathy. Sighing to himself, he opened the door and took off his shoes in the doorway. He could hear the clacks of the rude angel's black dress shoes, hitting the ground as he neared him. When Seraj looked up, there was Lucifer, staring him down with that sickening sneer on his face.

"How did your playtime go?" The angel asked simply.

"I don't want to talk about it," the boy's voice was low and his expression, sad. He didn't feel like arguing at that moment in time, so he just let Lucifer say what he wanted.

"That bad, huh?" Lucifer seemed amused.

"It isn't funny. Someone died in front of my eyes," Seraj stood up and glared angrily at the winged man. Now was not a time to joke around with him, especially with what happened to Doramon. He was just sick to make lightly of such a serious topic.

"With good reason."

"What?"

"He was a sacrifice," the words rolled smoothly from the angel's lips, filling the boy across from him with rage. Lucifer was the reason that Doramon had died! He killed his best friend!

"You did this?" The Nepali's hands balled themselves in fists at his sides and it was all he could do to keep from lashing out in any way possible. Lucifer had crossed the line by killing innocent people who had nothing to do with the fact that he refused to take his stupid pact.

"I did. I told you that bad omens will come your way as long as you refuse the terms of the pact. As long as you refuse it, more people will die," the angel warned him again. If he wanted to keep testing him, then he would continue to play this murderous game and put more people's lives at risk.

"Why?"

"Your life will get worse if you keep resisting. If I get no collateral, then I'll have to take other's souls for collateral," Lucifer explained.

"You're evil," Seraj said between gritted teeth. "I'll never forgive you for killing Doramon!"

"If you want to blame anyone, then blame yourself…You are the one who truly killed Doramon, Seraj," with this words, the boy's face lit up with surprise and he began to think about the situation in more depth. Could his failure to agree with the plan really cause the death of all who were close to him, or was it simply one of Lucifer's sick ways to get what he wanted?

Either way, it worried the boy. Not only did he have to watch his own back, but the backs of his friends as well. If Lucifer was truly serious about all of this, then he definitely had a lot to worry about.

…To Be Continued…