Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Romancing Lucifer ❯ Contract 18: The Flower Prince ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Romancing Lucifer

Contract 18: The Flower Prince

By: Melissa Norvell

XxXxXxXx

“It just isn't fair that my child will grow up without a father,” Sajani frowned deeply and clenched her hands to either side of her body.

“Revenge may be the best remedy, you know,” the strange man tried to prod her in his direction. More than anything, it was the key to easing the unrest in her soul and taking something away from him that he had from her precious, unborn child.

“He's connected to evil. There's nothing I can do.” Once someone has made a pact with Lucifer, things would only get worse. Everything around Seraj was falling into ruin and if she dared to interfere, she would be next to fall. Right now, she had more to worry about than just herself.

“I don't think that's true. Even if the odds are against you can still persevere. The human will is a remarkably strong thing. You can be broken, and yet you still go on, even when you feel like its torture or you're dying. Will power, for those who have it is a great source of strength.” Even if all odds were against someone, their belief and mental strength saw them through all situations. That was something he truly believed. It's what got him this far.

“What can I do to make him feel my pain?” Sajani looked to him. “What can I do to make him suffer?”

“We've got to get rid of it.”

She said nothing. At this point, she had run out of options.

Behind a tree, the dark angel smirked malevolently to himself. `Like a helpless fly in my web of deception, you're no longer able to struggle.'

XxXxXxXx

Yaone gazed out of the window at the blue sky with a solemn look on her face. The classroom was empty and the only things that kept her attention were the puffy, white clouds that reflected in her blue eyes. Another girl entered the room, but she didn't even notice her.

“Yaone?” She asked in an unsure voice, but the blonde didn't react right off.

She reacted a moment later, snapping back into reality with a jolt. “Huh? Oh, Moro. Hey, did you want something?”

“You looked dazed. I was wondering if you were okay,” the short-haired girl replied. The blonde was usually not that reserved.

“Yeah, I guess. I just feel a little weird today.” It was no big deal, nor was it anything she wanted to tell the public, anyway.

“Weird? How?” The girl cocked her head in question.

“Eh, maybe I'm just lonely. I feel kind of hollow inside, like something is missing.” More like a specific person is missing.

“You need a boyfriend.” Yep, it sounded as if she were lovesick, or lonely for companionship that was not of the friendly type.

“What? Me? With a boyfriend? What guy in their right mind would date me?” They'd have to not be in their right mind to consider it, especially if they knew of her dark practices and worship of Lucifer. Those were definitely qualities that would scare anyone away.

“Maybe you don't need one in their right mind,” Moro smiled as she sat on the window seal, the sunlight caused her dark blue hair to sparkle.

“What's that supposed to mean?” Even though she thought it, she didn't like hearing it aloud. Yaone frowned and furrowed her eyebrows in irritation.

“Come on, you with a normal guy? Do you honestly see it?” Moro wasn't trying to be mean. It was actually meant as a compliment. Besides, it took a special type of person to suit Yaone's tastes, even she knew that much. Any normal guy was out of the question.

“No, not really. Honestly, though, are there any guys out there for me?” It was a riddle wrapped in a conundrum that she wasn't sure that she wanted to find the answer to. She thought that summoning Lucifer would be an opportunity to get a chance with him, but that kind of thing only happened in romance fiction. Nothing came that easy for her, and now Lucifer had his sights set on Seraj. That fact alone depressed her.

“Not in this school. All of the guys here are boring. That's why my boyfriend is from another school.” Spoken like a true female student. Moro was absolutely right. All contact with any male from her respective school was a big, fat negative.

A bead of sweat ran down the back of Yaone's head. “You're boyfriend is in college…”

Moro smiled nervously and mimicked her action. “Well…Yeah, but I don't like boys who are my age. They're all too immature.”

“Men mature slower than women.”

“That's for sure,” Moro giggled a bit and put her hand up to her lips. “Hey Yaone, what do you think the ideal man is?”

“That's a stupid question,” the blonde frowned. It was the type of crap middle schoolers asked each other. It was a childish inquiry or something someone asked who wanted to steal your boyfriend.

“Huh? You think so?” The short-haired girl at the window thought it was merely a harmless inquiry.

“You know everyone's answer will be different, so why ask?” It wasn't as if any two girls like the exact same type of man. At least, she didn't think so anyway. Above all things, Yaone didn't like any of those silly stereotypes that nearly no man even fell in to.

“I was just interested in what kind of guy you liked. Is there any harm in being curious?”

“In some cases, yes,” her words were dark towards the matter. Lucifer had done more than engraved that into her mind.

“You're so serious. I was just going to see if my boyfriend knew anyone in college who would go for a mature, younger woman,” she had good intentions, anyway. Even if they paved the road to hell, she figured there was no harm in trying to help a girl out.

“They'd have to be very open minded,” she meant that to the fullest definition of the word open.

“Of course,” Moro smiled.

XxXxXxXx

Later on that day, the blonde walked down the side walk, heading home after a boring day at school. The empty feeling still tugged at her heart for some reason. Every other word was nothing but a heavy sigh. What was wrong with her today? Why the hell was this even suddenly such a big deal? Was it because she had realized that she fucked up royally in summoning Lucifer? Was it that she realized that Lucifer and she could have had a deeper bond if Seraj was out of the way? Whatever it was, she was unsure, but it ate at her like a virus. `My ideal man….What would my ideal man be? Is there such a thing? No one is perfect, so how can they be ideal? What's wrong with me? Honestly, I'm acting like an emotional fool. Usually, I'm used to being lonely…so why can't I seem to shake it off now'

She frowned, “I'm pathetic.”

“Yaone, are you regretting the past now?” A deep voice intoned, causing the girl to stop dead in her tracked. She looked up to see the angel, dressed in a black, lolita suit with a read undershirt and red frills that poured from the sleeves and adorned the bottoms of the legs of his pants.

“Lucifer-dono.”

“I take it he's aware of my plans now?”

“Who? Seraj?” Of course this would be about him. That's mostly what he talked about when they had their meetings. Somehow, this only made her feel worse.

“I wouldn't care to ask about anyone else.”

“Yes, I told him everything.”

Lucifer smiled darkly. “Good girl, my plan is working perfectly.”

“Thank you, my lord,” she bowed with a smile. At least she felt good about something today. That was always a plus.

“I think a reward is in order,” he must have been feeling generous that day. This might be interesting after all.

“A reward?” The girl questioned with a quizzical look. That could either be a good thing or a bad thing, knowing Lucifer. His rewards often had double circumstances to them. Accepting the gifts could seem good at first, but all had a hidden meaning with powerful nightmare fuel attached.

“You've managed to find me a suitable mate by accomplishing such a deed. I'll grant you one request as a result.” Of course, she should know him by now when he offered things like this. It was like a game of Russian roulette.

“You can read my mind. You know that I'm in a vulnerable state, and I'd like to have an opportunity at happiness.” That meant that she didn't want the special things that he had given everyone else. She had certain safeguards as his pawn, but at the same time, the angel was capricious. It was not as if her life was completely spared in all of this.

“Well, I did say that you couldn't have a mate, since you decided to go against me three years ago. However, I am feeling generous.” She should be lucky that he would grace her with that feeling, considering it was one that he felt in rare cases. Yaone did best to savor the moment and use it to the best of her ability.

“Wait. What will happen when I get this lover you're going to choose for me?” She was suspicious, as always. Yaone didn't spend years worshipping this guy in order to fall victim to his potential trap.

Lucifer frowned. Her constant questioning was beginning to agitate him. “Do you want him or not? You shouldn't question me when I'm feeling generous.” The angel's cold tone cut through her senses as he opened his hand. Bright, white lights that resembled small shooting stars swirled around and formed a large, pink and white flower.

The girl stared in wonder at such a large, beautiful piece of foliage. The massive petals cascaded over his hand. “What is that? I've never seen that flower before.”

“It's a chaos flower. They come from the underworld and they are used in many sources of powerful black magic. You do want a lover, don't you? Isn't that what you've been longing for?” He knew her every move, and her every thought. No doubt she felt cheated by the events of the past and her lonely existence had been getting to her. Humans were not being meant to live in loneliness.

“I can't say that I haven't,” she'd be lying otherwise.

Lucifer suddenly catapulted the flower into the air, throwing it as far up as he could. He quickly placed his hands together, chanting in a language that was far beyond her comprehension. The flower was consumed in sparkles of energy. The petals grew, wrapping around the energy form of a tall, skinny man with shoulder length, full bodied hair. The petals then unfold and the nude man steps out of the flower and kneels at her feet.

`What in the hell is this?' Her wide eyes stared into the salmon colored eyes of this beautiful boy. Yaone was utterly confused. “Who is this? What is this for, Lucifer?” Her hand gestured to the boy in question.

“This is the Flower Prince. As he currently is, he is nameless and blank. The only thing he possesses is a general attitude and basic knowledge of the world,” Lucifer explained as the boy arose, looking at her with a face that any human pretty boy would be jealous of. “He is born from the mystic chaos flower and is created just for you.”

“A flower?” How odd. She had heard of the man born from the peach blossom, but this was a little over the top. How was she supposed to take care of some weird child that was born from a flower that grows in hell?

“A flower demon. He is your lover if you so choose to make him that. Name him and take care of him. If you don't then he'll die.” He really was like a flower or a pet that needed to be tended to. It was not just someone who loved her, it was a responsibility.

The prince bowed and took her hand in his slender one, kissing it loyally. “It's a pleasure to meet such a beautiful woman. Miss…I'm sorry, I don't know your name,” his young voice replied. This man really did sound like someone who stepped out of a dream, he could probably even sing if he wanted to.

“It's Yaone,” she educated him on her identity.

The prince stood up, staring into her eyes with his soft ones, filled with emotion. “Miss Yaone, would you like to give me a name?”

“A name? How would I know what to name you?” As she asked, many possibilities ran through her mind. What to name him? What to name him? She had to find something that fit. After all, this was going to be her boyfriend. He had to have a name that his master liked calling him. One that felt easy coming from the lips. It was a challenge because he was so beautiful that she wanted to do him justice.

“Your name…the name that you give me will be the sign of our contract,” the nameless one explained.

“Alright, I'll name you Kazuza, Flower Prince Kazuza.” That was perfect.

“Then that shall be my name. I shall follow your every word, thought and command. I am yours to care for, yours to touch, and yours to love…Yours to kill. What is it that you would like me to do first?” Kazuza asked ready and eager to serve his mistress.

“I'd like you to put some clothes on.” That was the most obvious first step.

The angel snapped his fingers as red and white clothes appeared on the once nude prince. He wore a large hat with a flower accent in the middle. It reminded her of the type of hat that Napoleon wore, except it was red with a white brim and a pink chaos flower in the center. He wore a red, double breasted coat with double lines of buttons and white cuffs with long, white frills that cascaded over his hands. A black belt adorned his waste that tied on the right side. The prince's coat tails flowed behind his red pants and knee-high, black boots. Over his shoulders, he wore a red shawl with white fur trim and a bright red ribbon tie.

“Is this better for you?” Lucifer could always give him other attire if she was not happy with his red ensemble.

“That's fine. I just don't want a naked, pink-haired guy to follow me around school.” That was more than eye catching, and she honestly didn't feel like having the police called on her because some weird, naked guy was stalking her and the staff took it the wrong way.

She took the bottom of his cape in her hand, examining the fine fabrics and feeling the plush fur between her finger tips. “These are extravagant clothes, but at least he's not nude.”

“This is your task at hand. I hope that you can live with it. Try not to cheapskate your new lover, hm?” The angel placed his hands on his hips, proud of his liberal gift to his pawn. He should serve her well if she takes suitable care of him.

Yaone looked down. “Yes, my lord.”

XxXxXxXx

Yaone and Kazuza stood in front of the school entrance as Seraj walked up to them, glaring them down with a look of suspicion. The pink-haired prince merely stood there, happy and peaceful as if nothing truly bothered him.

“Who the hell is that?” The Nepali pointed at the red and pink male in accusation. This had better not be some sort of weird idea of that damned angels or he swore he was going to blow a gasket.

“Flower Prince Kazuza.” It was a name that needed no real introduction and pretty much explained itself.

“That's a really gay title.” Flower Prince? That was like calling him the prince of rainbows. The fact that he had pink hair and eyes besides looking more female than male were also other indicators that pretty much screamed how gay he looked.

“He'll be my future husband. He was given to me as a prize for accomplishing my goals with you,” Yaone explained with a small smile. She had to be proud of that, at the very least.

“You haven't accomplished anything. I don't love him,” the boy crossed his arms and frowned. That was a pretty early celebration for someone who presumed entirely too much about his feelings. How irritating.

“Ah, what a shame. My master seems to fancy you,” Kazuza spoke up, making his presence known.

“Shut up, pink boy,” Seraj seethed.

“I agree with him. Lucifer likes you.” Not Yaone as well.

The world was obviously against him.

“What? You two share a brain?” He shot sarcastically.

“I do as Miss Yaone asks.”

“Oh, a blind servant.”

“He doesn't have a choice,” Yaone added in defense of her new boyfriend.

“So, how are you going to hide him?” She obviously couldn't bring him to school with her. Especially not dressed like that. Kazuza would never get by anything, nor would he be able to be a student in school. So, how was she going to deal with him now that she had him around? He seemed more like a burden than an actual boyfriend.

“I'm not. He's a demon so my parents won't care.” It comes from coming from a family of Satanists. Didn't he know by now that her circumstances were far from normal?

“Great…More evil spirits. What did I do to get such bad luck? No wonder father thought I was possessed. I'm beginning to believe him,” Seraj thought to himself as Sajani and the man she had been talking to mad their way across the street behind him, engaged in conversation.

“There he is. It's the dark-haired one in the school uniform. He's the one we have to take down,” the Nepali girl pointed to the dark-haired boy, who stood off from the group with his arms crossed and a perturbed expression.

Looking to the boy, the man nodded. “We'll get him when he's alone. We don't want to cause a ruckus or draw any attention to ourselves.”

“Right, I know exactly what to do,” Sajani agreed.

After he had stuck around for a while, talking to the blonde and her new boyfriend to be, he began to head home. Today had been had enough, so the boy was happy to finally get some time to think to himself. Those moments rarely happened, since Lucifer usually showed up and reared his ugly head and tortured him somehow.

Suddenly, a flash of that pink-haired man flashed through his head and his thoughts began to revolve around his existence. `So, he's going to be Yaone's husband? What a weird and pretty guy…way too pretty to be a guy. I always knew she'd get with someone weird, but I never knew how weird they would be. I wonder if he'll be going to school with us…' He sighed to himself. “Great, just what I need, a new problem.”

Speaking of problems, here comes Sajani. She walked up to him and the mere sight of that woman made his stomach turn. `Great, like I need her right now. I think I'll just ignore her.'

At least, that's what he tried to do.

`I see you're trying to get away…but that won't get you far. You won't escape me this time, Seraj. I will have my revenge for what you did to Iwao.' A sly smile crossed the Nepali woman's face as she saw her ex go around the corner in order to avoid her.

However, Seraj's attempt was in vain as he ran into the girl's accomplice. Jolting back, the Nepali boy spoke. “Who in the hell? Huh?” He whirled around to see Sajani, standing behind him. Her expression was a calm smile. Looking back to the man, his expression turned dire. “What's the meaning of this? Why are you two following me?”

“My dear Seraj,” Sajani's warm voice rung through his ear as she walked up to him, putting her arm around his shoulders as she pressed against him and put her other hand on his chest. “Should you be so suspicious of me? How long have we known each other?”

He was still apprehensive. “What are you getting at? You're going on about things like we have no problem with each other and that's not the case. I don't want you back so you can stop asking.” He had moved on. Why couldn't she? It would make things a lot easier, especially since she was the one who decided to break things off with him.

The girl smirked. “How funny that you think I would want you. Whatever led you to think that?”

“Because you're trying to sed-“ The Nepali boy was suddenly cut off by a rage-filled scream. He shoved his ex away and quickly looked behind him to see her accomplice, holding the cross saber above his head. This only confirmed his suspicion. It was a trap from the beginning, but Seraj never knew that it would be one of this magnitude.

They were out for blood.

`That cross saber…' The boy thought as he moved out of the way of the strike and took off running.

“After him! Don't let him get away!” Sajani pointed after the boy, as the man ran after him in hot pursuit.

Seraj had never run this fast in his life. He darted down the walk ways and shot off between houses and into alleyways in an attempt to lose this man. `What the hell is going on? She's trying to kill me! I shouldn't complain because that's what Lucifer is trying to get me to do to her, but this…This is insane!' Never in a million years would he have guessed that Sajani would go this far.

Suddenly, the boy's arm was grabbed. Out of instinct, Seraj turned around as the cross saber came down, plunging itself into his body as blood splattered on the ground. Over and over, the man assaulted him, stabbing him multiple times with the weapon.

Seraj felt searing pain, and then everything went numb as he hit the ground. His eyes were half opened and staring blankly at the sky.

`Why me? Why is all of this happening to me? Now I'm going to die here…by her hand of all people. I should have just made that contract with Lucifer. Maybe I should have just let him help me…If I knew that this would happen to me, then I would have rather had the guilt of being a killer than dying myself.'

Everything felt like regret and he found himself immersed in the possibilities of what might have been. It took a moment like this to realize that maybe working with the devil might not have been so bad.

Sajani looked away. “What's that?”

The man stopped in his actions and glanced in the same direction. “Someone's coming.”

“Our work is done here.”

“Let's get out of here.” The two took off running, and moments later Lucifer came walking up the sidewalk to his body, which was lying in a pool of red blood. As he watched the angel near him, his vision blurred occasionally as he struggled to keep conscious.

`What's he doing here? I would say that I'm glad to see him but I'm not so sure that he isn't here to finish off the job. He's the angel of all things evil…the angel of death.' Even if he would not admit it to himself, the fact that Lucifer showed up when he did was a blessing. However, he wasn't so sure that the angel was a dark savior or a marvelous butcher in this scenario. No matter how close he could be, the boy would never trust such a capricious being.

Lucifer stopped dangerously close; his shiny, black dress shoes nearly touched his face. “Isn't it ironic that the very weapon that you tried to kill me with was used against you in the worse way?”

The boy's face twisted from one of pain to one of anger. `Bastard…he just came here to mock me! I don't have any power to fight him off…I can't even get up and the pain is far too great.' He struggled to speak. “L…Luci…fer…Why?”

“You wished that I'd show up and save you, like an over romanticized weak-willed woman, so I am here.” It was as simple as that.

`You prick.'

Lucifer smiled darkly. “This is what you deserve for going against destiny.”

“Please…help me…” It was not his shining moment, and he was sure that he would kick himself later for begging him like this, but there was no one else that he could turn to.

As much as he hated to admit it, he needed Lucifer right now.

“Help you? Well, you are my responsibility.” Kneeling down, the angel took his arm. Seraj couldn't tell if it was him or the angel had extremely cold hands. “Perhaps, just this once, I'll pick up your broken pieces.”

It wasn't really in his nature to save people, but there was something about this boy that chipped away the black coating of his heart and revealed the long lost red beneath. Could it be that Satan had somewhat of a heart?

Perhaps more than even he, himself knew.

…To Be Continued