Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing All and Nothing ❯ Scott ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~~ Scott ~~
 
Scott glared at Dillon and his little hoard of bloodsuckers. Something he had just become. The tall chestnut-haired teen realized then that the other three were also people he knew working at the store: Andrew, Collin, and Tyler. Andrew was a diligent worker with buzzed dark-blonde hair and was relatively mild-mannered. Tyler was the youngest of all of them, being only 15, his maturity seemed to reflect his age, and he had shaggy blonde hair that came down to his shoulders. Finally, Collin was fart more interested in causing trouble then getting any actual work done, unless in the presence of his boss, and had short, black hair. He also happened to be Scott's near and dear cousin.
 
Neither of them remembered Scott.
 
Okay, now what am I supposed to do...
 
Tyler, Dillon, and Andrew all stared at the Night Manager directly in the eye. For some reason, Scott was entranced, as if hypnotized. Crimson eyes seemed to envelope everything, getting darker as the multiple shades of red swirled about. The dark-haired teen's senses were becoming nebulous and distorted, as if he lost his glasses and were gazing off a thirty-story high building. He felt thumping in his ears like never before, which blocked all sound other then itself, nothing could be felt, and nothing had a scent. It wasn't long before Scott was overpowered with the loss of his hearing, sight, touch, and smell.
 
While in this groggy state, the Night Manager vaguely recalled Collin puncturing his and Scott's fingertips on both hands, then pressing their fingertips together, allowing blood to flow freely, vampire and human. Pain seared through his very being as tainted blood flowed into him, changing the molecules in his body. His veins seemed to scream in agony from the poison. Luckily, because of the newfound vampire traits, Scott was able to survive the transformation without any setbacks or injuries. Of course, this meant he was changed now a nightwalker.
 
He opened his eyes slowly, taking in the darkness, easily able to see everything around him. The Night Manager was now able to truly live up to his name as his eyes were mere slits and just as crimson. All of his senses came rushing back to him tenfold. Suddenly he could make out sounds he'd never heard, smells from quite a distance away surrounded him, and there was nothing he couldn't see as easily as if looking across a sunny baseball field. He could taste the molecular sized metal bits in the atmosphere of the stone city. The scent of industrial related pollution overpowering. He hated the city. Now he was livid. Scott stood, noticing how the others stared at him expectantly. Collin, wearing thin sunglasses, grinned.
 
“He's one of us now.” They laughed. Scott glared at all of them, his senses becoming jumbled beyond recognition. A low, menacing growl escaped his throat. Suddenly they weren't laughing anymore. The four backed away from the Night Manager as he snapped and snarled in pure unexplained rage. The next thing they knew Scott was unconsciously baring his teeth and approaching them, he then wrapped his hands around the throat of his beloved cousin.