Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Sequence ❯ Sequence ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

This piece is actually a few months old (tossed it up at LiveJournal), though I still kinda have a strange attachment to it. I had a sudden urge to randomly pull up my word processor, pop on my music library, and write whatever came to mind - this is the result. And yes, I know it's weird. Shush.
Sequence
I didn't yet remember how everything began, but I knew how it all ended.
 
Blue skies and a gentle breeze, soft whispers in the air, too-green grass and smattered dabs of wildflowers every color of the rainbow swaying under its power - everything was so wrong in contrast. And yet I knew that in the end, somehow through the strange euphoria of numbing pain and the sensation of losing sensation, that is how it was meant to be. It didn't matter that I was becoming part of the earth, a means of survival for other forms of life in exchange for my own.
 
All that mattered was that in the end, everything began again. And it didn't matter that I didn't know the original start anymore. Completion and renewal, all were blurred together into one long lost memory of a time and place that no longer exist, where anything that once held so much value no longer retained that importance anymore. Strange, to me, that something I once feared so much was far more welcoming than I'd expected it to be.
 
Because when I woke up, I knew I could do it all over again. I would, too. This was the easy part, after all. I'd been here before, to the place that was once a long-lost dream that somehow managed to find me even when I didn't remember anything. This beautiful temporary place where everything made sense, where all my questions were answered in a blinding flash of consciousness, this was what I continued living and dying for. I still had a new life to live, and a new death to die. Despite the pain of everything I'd experienced before, I realized how much worth it held, so priceless that it was difficult to explain to anyone else should I ever awaken from the dream-construction of my own memories in such a delirium that I could no longer use proper words to describe it.
 
Paradise fades - it always does - and then melds with memories so distant that they are only realized in the deepest reverie. And then, once again, I awoke with new eyes to a new world.
 
Time to begin again.