Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Star-Crossed Love ❯ prelude ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Star-crossed Love
 
I own nothing except Baran.
 
Notes: A little story directly inspired from Ninja High School, Outlanders and Urusei Yatsura. It's an old fantasy of mine. A mighty empire is to conquer Earth but offered a chance to the Terran in the form of a ritual fight between their champion and one person elected randomly among those apt to fight.
 
 
Prelude
 
 
Space, the final frontier.
 
The infinite reach of the Void is limitless in its aspect. Within it one can find all his dreams…and all his nightmares.
 
They were a humanoid race very near our own race due to a parallel evolution. Their star was shinning in another galaxy. Their history was different, much different.
 
From the early record they possessed, one can see their imperial view of life: Conquer was their way of life.
 
They unified their planet through bloody conquests under one iron rule by an imperial bloodline. A caste system provided support for the continuing existence of the Empire.
 
The Empire. It has been known as such from the very beginning and never really changed. The blend of a very strong family line of rulers and a caste system based on personal might produced a society bent on conquest to maintain their balance: Without an exterior enemy, the Empire would turn upon itself and auto-destroy.
 
This trait forced them to learn how to reach beyond their solar system. With time the Empire became a mighty stellar Empire, then a galactic Empire.
 
The encounter of various alien races should have been the bane of the society of the Empire but their caste system enabled them to absorb the disparity in physiology. Worse, their genetic science permitted inter-racial mixes and the original humanoid race gained in power again.
 
The original and still active edge of the Imperial family was the use of the Bio-science. Their most mighty tools of war were gigantic living machines. Organic power was at the edge of the technologic evolution. Pure science could reach it with time but the power of simple evolution could not be bypassed.
 
Their Bio-science was a derived of the personal power of the Imperial bloodline: The use of their Bio-energy field, the very energy of life. With it a normal humanoid could fight toe-to-toe with a mass superior to him by a factor of ten to one hundred.
 
In fact, with time, one could enter in the Imperial bloodline simply by proving his mastery of this very Bio-energy field. Some races could even manipulate this field naturally and thus were absorbed rapidly by the ruling body of the Empire.
 
Gigantic fleets were sent across the universe with only one motto: Conquer. Races after races, planets after planets, realms after realms, all fell under the galactic juggernaut.
 
And then, one day, an Imperial fleet came across a blue planet in a solar system in another galaxy…
 
1234567890987654321
 
Notes: Ok, yes. It's a classical: The lone normal male who saved his planet by charming the alien princess.
 
But as I said before, it's an old fantasy and I wanted to experiment a little.
 
I wonder if I can render it interesting.
 
Read and review please.