Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Summer at the Manor ❯ The Manor ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter two: The Manor
Kohana snuck into Basil's room early the next morning. With the speed of tiger, she jumped onto her friend's bed. "Get up!" yelled the princess. Basil quickly awoke in shock. "Ohayou gozaimasu!" Kohana said cheerfully. "*Yawn* Why are you up?" Basil asked. "You promised to show me around the manor again!" said the princess. "This early?" Basil asked. "Hai!" Kohana said quickly. "All right. All right." Basil sighed. Then she got up and got dressed.
It wasn't that Basil didn't like touring her own house. (She'd do it when she was home alone.) It was the time of day. Kohana had weird sleep patterns. She would fall asleep at one o'clock in morning and wake up at five o'clock a.m. It was five twelve this morning.
Kohana loved to tour the manor. Although she had seen it many times, she always found something different. "Anything else you want to see?" Basil asked. "Hai." Kohana answered. Her friend was stunned. Usually, the princess would say no. "What do you want to see?" Basil asked. "That room over there." Kohana said as she pointed to the oak door across from the living room. "Kohana! That's daddy's office! You know we're not allowed in there!" Basil said in shock. "Why?" the princess asked. Basil had no answer to her question. In fact, she went in Joshu's office once but her nanny chased her out before she could really get a good look. The more she thought about, the more Basil wanted to go in Joshu's office. "It might be locked." she said at last. "Check." said Kohana. Basil just nodded. Then she backed to the door and turned around. She drew in a deep breath as she turned the knob. The door slowly opened. "It's unlocked." Basil whispered. "Well let's go!" Kohana exclaimed. "Shhh!" said her friend as she covered the girl's mouth. Kohana nodded. Then the girls went into the office.
The smell of spices was in the room. The girls were amazed. Japanese style paintings covered the walls. Exotic carpets covered the floor. Over by the sliding door on the left, were a leather chair and a cherry wood desk. "It's beautiful!" Kohana said in shock. "Uh-huh." Basil said softly. They began walking around the office. Basil slipped into the chair. Kohana kept looking around. "Uh-hm." said her friend. The princess looked up. "Sit down." said Basil. Kohana found a knee cushion and knelt on it. "Tsukibara-chan, you're finances are great and you get to keep your property." said her friend trying to sound like her father. "Good." said the princess. She smiled although she didn't know what that meant.
The two girls kept playing until they heard someone yell Basil's name. "Uh-oh." said Basil. "What's wrong?" asked Kohana. "It's Ginko!" said her friend. Ginko was the nanny who threw Basil out of Joshu's office. "Basil! You better not be in your father's office!" she yelled. "Let's get out of here!" Basil said when she heard footsteps. And before Kohana could say anything, her friend grabbed her and fled out of the office as fast as she could.
Chapter Three: