Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Summer at the Manor ❯ Friends ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter ten: Friends
Basil walked into Kohana's room the next morning with a smile on her face. "Kohana." she said. The princess looked up. "I've got a surprise for you." said her friend. Kohana's eyes grew big. "What is it?" she asked. "Come with me." said Basil. Then she led her little friend downstairs.
A girl with auburn hair was waiting downstairs. She looked about fifteen years old. She looked up to see Basil with Kohana. "Ohayou Gozaimasu." she said to them. "Hi there." Basil greeted back. Then she turned to Kohana. "Kohana, this is Kayoko." said she. Then Basil turned back to the girl. "Kayoko, this is princess Kohana." she said. "Hi." said Kayoko. The princess just waved. "Well, let's go." Basil spoke up. Then she started out the door. Kohana and Kayoko just looked at each other and followed behind.
"So what are we doing today?" Kayoko asked once they were in the city. "I wanted to go shopping today." her friend answered. "Where?" asked Kayoko. "At the Chinadoll's shop." said Basil. Her older friend's eyes lit up. "I always wanted to go there!" Kayoko said cheerfully. "I knew you would." her friend said. Kohana said nothing. She just assumed this would be boring.
Kohana's boredom turned into delight. The store was huge and had dolls, toys, and other things girls liked. For older and younger. The princess was amazed. "Do you like it?" Basil asked her. "Hai!" squeaked Kohana. Then the girls went off to shop. Kohana bought a doll and some candy and snacks. She and Kayoko also became friends. Kayoko even stayed for dinner.
Chapter Eleven: