Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Synthetic Emotions ❯ Phase 09: Susumu, Bird Fighter ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Synthetic Emotions

By: Melissa Norvell

Phase 09: Susumu, Bird Fighter

XxXxXx

The blonde then shoved Sawamura off of her violently and rushed over to help her friend, who had fainted and was lying on the ground in front of the doorway. His body seemed lifeless but she knew that it was just part of his so-called seizure. She turned his limp form over and held him close to her form protectively.

Sawamura was laid out on the floor and blinked in confusion as he looked at the two. "Ouch! That hurt Mari-" He began but was cut off by the blonde.

"Get out…" Her voice was low and full of frustration.

"What?"

"Get out!" She yelled in anger at the man. Mariko felt both guilty and angry at herself for what she had done. The blonde didn't quite know why, seeing as they were only friends but she didn't like seeing Asagi like that. He was so pitiful looking and sad…Something about that look on his face sent waves of distress and remorse through her form.

"I thought he didn't mean anything to you?" Sawamura recalled her last words towards the man.

"Well, I lied so get out!" The blonde fumed as Asagi woke up to his friends wiping the sweat from his face with a cold rag. It felt good against his hot, fevered skin. Upon realizing who she was his green eyes narrowed in anger.

"You…" His voice was calm but cold, that of a killer.

"Asagi…listen…" Mariko tried to begin but was cut off by that familiar cold voice. The voice she never wanted him to use towards her.

"Fuck off."

"Please," she pleaded to tell her side of the story and explain things, even though she knew he might not believe her.

"Oh wait, that's what you were doing, right?"

"No, I'd never have sex with them."

"I hate you." It was the same phrase he'd uttered before he passed out. He still felt the same. Asagi had remembered everything, despite his seizure. This was bad. Mariko thought that maybe he would have forgotten and they could have started over but this time he remembered what she did and the resentful feelings over what she'd said still latched on to his heart, and it turned it black and cold.

"What?" Those words sent a pain up her being that originated in her heart and spread throughout her body as an anguished look crossed her face. "Please, let me explain-"

"There's no explanation for a user," his glare was piercing. It seemed to bore a hole through her soul.

"I didn't use you," that was the last thing she'd wanted him to think.

"Those little high school boys might be your play things but I am not. I hate you."

"Well, I don't hate you. You mean something to me. I just said it because I was lying," Mariko continued to explain. She knew that Asagi was hard-headed and trying to get something like this past him was like throwing yourself on a bed of spikes- more likely than not- you don't live.

The man was silent and gave her no response.

"I don't want you to think of me like everyone else…don't hate me. You're the only one who doesn't."

"What does my opinion mean to you?" He asked. After all, he was a man and she certainly liked to use and dog on them all of the time. He didn't feel as if his opinion meant much to her at all. Mariko always ignored his advice, no matter how much it got her in trouble.

"Believe it or not, a hell of a lot, I don't know why but it does. I just…" The blonde began and paused but pushed the rest of her sentence out a few moments later in a low and rueful tone. "…can't be faithful."

"You act like I love you."

"So, ya don't?" Mariko blinked in confusion. She had thought for sure that he was at least crushing on her. Any normal man would be at this point so why wasn't he?

"Makes you happy, right?"

She fell silent. The truth was- she didn't really know how to tell about that. It was really awkward to her for someone who was male to not be sexually attracted to her or even attracted to her in some way. Did Asagi think she was ugly or something? At the same time, she was a bit saddened that he didn't like her in the way she thought he did.

"You shouldn't always believe your own propaganda."

"Don't leave me."

"What?" Asagi was a little taken aback by her sentence. She acted like she had some sort of need for him to be there. Her tone of voice was verging on begging and desperate. He had never heard her sound like that before. Mariko had always been strong in front of him, so what was this about?

"Just…don't leave me," Mariko reached out and held his hand tightly. Green eyes looked to her in question but no words escaped his mouth, Asagi simply let it be and pondered over the subject within the confines of his mind.

XxX

The next day at school the SayaTouya Martial Arts Club had one of their morning meetings and all of the members were talking among themselves in the dojo room. Sonata, Mizuki and the twins were present. Eros was also there with Aroura and they were all clad in their school uniforms instead of their usual attire. Momo walked up a few moments later and Asagi shortly followed her, dressed in a pair of black leather pants with large, studded belts and a tight, black sleeveless shirt. He had spike collars on with large, long spikes that had been sharpened into weapons.

Upon entering the room, his lime gaze went straight to the Syntacom. 'That guy…'

Grey eyes looked back at him in deep contemplation. 'Him…'

"How do you feel, Asagi?" Hisame started up a casual conversation since no one had been talking for a while. After all, she hadn't seen the man for a while and knew of his condition.

"I'm fine," the spiky-haired man shrugged off the subject. He didn't want anyone in his business. Even though things were bothering him about he and Mariko's present state no one truly needed to know and personal life and martial parts were two different subjects. "Let's start today's lesson. As you may know, eros will be joining us from now on. Make him feel welcomed. He deserves it for getting past me."

"Awesome! You're in my class!" Kisame cheered. She was happy that Eros made it in her class and she had someone new to spar with and talk to.

"Yes, I am glad that I have a class with you, Kisame."

"What are you doing here, Momo?" Sonata turned to look at the wavy-haired girl in question. She didn't even have class with them so what was she doing here?

"Skipping class, silly. You know I can't stay math."

"Don't you need math?"

"Nah, it can go screw itself under a blanket," Momo waved in dismissal. "Huh?" Her shaded gaze then turned to see a black-haired young man who was dressed in what looked like a feudal ninja costume with a bird cape. It even had real feathers on it and looked incredibly much like he had wings and could fly. His hair was short and parted in the middle where a tuft of spiky bangs stuck out from the rest of his head. He was quite handsome in a dark and mysterious way and had small pupils with slanted eyes. He even caught Eros' gaze.

"Who is that?" The Syntacom asked.

"I don't know. I've never seen him before," Aroura commented.

"I was told to attend this class. My name is Shinjite Susumu and I'm new to this school. Nice to meet you,” the man addressed darkly but bowed courteously to the group of martial artists and school girls. Everyone then bowed back. After they had been polite to each other, Asagi walked to the front of the group,. standing directly between them and Susumu.

"My name is Asagi, Captain of the SayaTouya Martial Arts Club. In order to get to know your abilities a little more, I want you to fight against a few of the lower-ranked members here."

"Gladly," Susumu agreed as he kneeled down and pulled out a simple bokotta, "send them this way."

Asagi agreed and he sent several students towards him. Many of the lower-ranked individuals rushed at him and began to fight. Most of them were beaten in three to a single stroke of his weapon. He even rushed through a whole crowd of them, knocking them out of the way as if they were nothing. Battle noises could be heard as he ripped through them with great skill.

As more students rushed at him, he prepared himself for combat. He hit one in the head, bashed one in the rib cage and stuck his pole in the ground then used it to swing around and kicked one of them hard in the stomach. Another student rushed at him, figuring that he would try and take the pole's ground away by pulling it out from under him. Susumu then lifted himself up by balancing on his hands. He then brought his body down on the student, kicking them in the head. Another student was right behind them and rushed at the man in an ambush attack he simply preformed a flip in the air, grabbed his weapon and smashed it across their head.

Two students rushed at him from both sides. The man simply stared at them and waited patiently until they were an equal distance on either side of him. Susumu kneeled as both of them were knocked out by either side of his bokotta. He then stood up as the bodies of injured and defeated students sat and laid around him. He commented that it was easy and Asagi complimented him and told him that he was impressive.

"Wow! Cool!" Momo loved watching people get their butts kicked and this was no exception.

Susumu simply walked off without a word. He then took position in another part of the dojo where he practiced by himself.

"That was amazing…" Aroura looked at all of the students that had been defeated by him.

"Pure human strength and speed, he's incredible for a human but not beyond limitation," the robot looked to Asagi. "But him…him and that demonic sword, Souhi."

"Do you think he's a Syntacom?" The black-haired girl asked.

"He has no identification number. There are no signs of any type of steel frame, in fact he's human."

"With skill like that?" Aroura asked, a little surprised that he was a human. Asagi was something of a freak of nature if this was the case. No normal human could be as keen, precise, fast and powerful as he was. Not even the Japanese army would be a match for someone like him.

"Well, this is from a once over scan that is used to identify other Syntacoms."

"Is there anything else he could be?" Red eyes looked to her robot friend She just couldn't believe that Asagi was a normal human.

"As far as I know, no, that's not going on a good assumption considering my memory has been erased or is damaged and or missing," Eros stated.

"Yeah…" Aroura replied and looked over to Susumu, who had been practicing his marks and hits. He swung the bokotta around and began a series of strikes.

XxX

"Yeah," Momo explained. "I saw him in the SayaTouya training hall. He's really quiet and he seems serious but you should have seen him beat up all those martial arts students! It was so cool!"

"He was really good," Aroura agreed.

"Even Asagi was impressed," Eros stated. If Asagi was impressed no doubt he had potential. 'If Asagi is a Syntacom, then I have no existing memory of his type. Perhaps he's a new type of Syntacom. I wonder where his identification number is or perhaps he has a serial number of some sort.'

As the robot pondered over the spiky-haired man who he'd believed to be a machine of superior intelligence to even him, Susumu walked silently by. The two looked at each other as if silent words were spoken between the two fo them. Eros decided to speak to him. He remembered how hard it was to be a new student so he decided to talk to him and possibly become his friend.

"Greetings I'm-" The man kept walking rudely away. It was as if he'd not even known he was there nor talking to him. He paused then said the last word in his sentence. "Eros…"

"What's his problem?" Kisame asked a loud. "He could have at least said hello."

"RUDE! Damn!" Momo yelled to where it was definitely within his ear shot. "Could have at least said hello!" The wavy-haired blonde wanted to make sure that he knew he was acting rudely to them. The man then stopped upon hearing what she had said.

"Momoko!" Arorua scolded. Now Susumu was going to be twice as mean to them since he was insulted like that.

"Hey! I didn't think he'd stop!"

"Don't criticize what you don't understand," the new student stated calmly, yet distantly and walked off.

"Idiots…" Asagi murmured to himself.

"Say what!?! Who are you calling an idiot sword boy!" Momo yelled in irritation at the spiky-haired man with her fists balled.

"You all. You're all stupid and disrespectful. He probably didn't talk to you because he doesn't know you," Asagi defended the bird fighter. "He's new here and if you ever wanted to befriend him you just failed."

"Ah shit!" Momo cursed, and then figured that there was nothing she could have done to repair it now. "Oh well…" She shrugged nonchalantly. What's done is done and there was no erasing it now.

"He's cold," Eros stated, his gaze still following Susumu's disappearing form down the hall.

"All of you guys came off that way; you, Asagi and that guy," Kisame stated.

"Maybe it's because you're all so serious about your work," her twin added, noticing the similarities between all of them. "All three of you are really skilled."

"Must be tough…not knowing anyone and all…" Aroura felt sorry for him. It seemed like he had no friends of anything. He was all alone in school and being so nonsocial wouldn't help him either. He didn't understand anything and was taken from an environment that he was used to and moved in to one that was completely strange.

"With an attitude like that he won't get any friends," Momo stated. It was easier for a friendly person to make friends then an unfriendly one like him. He was so rude to boot! Anyone who tried to talk to him wouldn't make a good conversation. He might have been a good fighter but he was a terrible spokesman.

XxXx

"New student…" Hyobe said, sitting in class. He pondered over the subject for a while before a look of overdramatic shock crossed his face. "Oh my God." He then latched on to the neck hole of Aroura's shirt and got extremely close to her face. "Tell me it's not so!"

"What…are you doing?" Aroura asked with a strange expression on her face. Hyobe approaching her like that was a little weird. She should be used to his overdramatic speeches and spazzy moments over other males possibly being more beautiful then himself but some things she just couldn't get over.

"He's not more beautiful then me…is he!?!" He his face got even closer to her as he pleaded her to tell him what she thought about this new guy.

"Uh…" Aroura stammered as her thoughts raced. 'What to say…'

"I guess if that's your type."

Twin rivers flowed down his face at that response. It wasn't what he wanted to hear her say. Hyobe wanted her to say that he was far more beautiful than any guy in the whole school. His position as the top bishounen was priority and no other man must steal that title from him.

"But you're totally cuter!" Aroura produced a happy anime face with a large sweat drop adorning the back of her head and laughed nervously.

The boy hugged her closely. She patted the top of his head lightly and wrapped an arm around him lightly. "Thank you!" He cheered. His position as cutest man in school was saved thanks to Aroura's decision. He could now rest in peace knowing that his reputation was still intact around her.

"Yeah…"

"Oh please," Mizuki scoffed. "I swear, if your head gets any bigger you'll float away."

"Can't you ever be happy for me?" Hyobe whined with his fists up to his chest dramatically.

"The only thing that would make me happy is your severed head in a box."

"How cruel!" The pretty boy stood up in front of the class with a hand to his head. His white locks floated beautifully around him and he wore a look of dismay on his features. His dramatic stance got him a book to the head. The large book bounced off of his head as the teacher looked angry from the front of the class and several students chuckled to themselves.

"Sit down Hyobe! This is literature class, not the drama club!" The laughter of the students could be heard as the white-haired boy sat down, rubbing his head where the object had struck him. He mumbled something about how it had better not leave a bruise. He caught Susumu's stoic expression from across the room as he sat down and cried to himself.

"Now class, let's begin…" The teacher turned to the chalk board as she began to give the class their lesson for the day.

"Is that what happens if you stand when you're supposed to be sitting?" Eros asked the bishounen as he whined in response.

"She doesn't like him much," Himemari told him.

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"It's that new guy," Kisame caught glimpse of Susumu from across the classroom.

"That's the guy in Asagi's Martial Arts class, isn't he?" Mariko asked, looking from her paper, which had doodles versus the notes they were supposed to take in class scribbled on it.

"Yeah," Aroura confirmed.

"You're right, I am much better looking than him," Hyobe agreed with the black-haired girl's prior statement.

"I wonder if I could beat him in a spar?" Eros wondered out loud.

"Asagi beat him," Kisame informed.

"Asagi could have beaten me if I hadn't tricked him into stepping over the line."

"Really?" Aroura knew that he'd won the match but she couldn't see it when he was battling against Asagi in the field due to the fog produced by the spiky-haired man's attack. The girl knew he won but as to how exactly she was clueless.

Eros nodded. "He's far better then I."

"We'll have to keep an eye on this guy. No matter how cold he is," Kisame noted his prior strength in the dojo room. There was something special about him as well. She just couldn't put a finger on it.

"You can't stalk him. He'll put a restraining order on you," Momo turned around in her seat.

"Just leave it to me!" Kisame's gears turned as she came up with a plan. "I'll gather all of the information you need."

To Be Continued…