Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ That's just his way... ❯ That's just his way... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
This description is based on the room of someone that I hold dear to me. The details have not been altered or changed in any way.

Once, when his sister invited me over to their house, I stopped by his room. Don't ask me why. I just wanted to see it. To see where he slept, where he studied, how he lived. To see anything that reminded me of him. I remember seeing the walls, so starkeningly white and bare. Nothing. No pictures, no posters, not even a nail in the wall. I remember the wooden floor, free of dust and grime, but no rugs. Just cold wooden planks and I found myself wondering how he could stand it in the winter. The door to his closet wasn't open, denying me any views of what would have undoutedly been a neat-freak's dream. I wanted to yank on the handle and see inside, as if to prove my theory wrong, but it was shut. Closed off. Just like him. I remember his desk. His laptop, school things, and a mystery of unopened drawers were the only things that made up his study area. I remember the little wooden stand next to his bed. It was white, just like the walls. With only a light and a clock. And then, of course, there was his bed. White sheets tucked in, boring plaid comforter, white pillow. I used to think that white was peaceful, just like snow. But snow is cold. And the more I saw it in such a small space, the more I loathed the lifeless color and it's lack of any sort of hue. I remember blinking several times and looking around, searching for any personal effects other than these strange, foreign pieces of furniture. I wanted to see traces of him everywhere but there were none. Only a tidy, unpersonalized room. So empty, clean, and organized. Just the necessities, never excess. It was a painful sight. I had been so curious to peer inside, so desperate to walk in and see him plastered all over the walls. But I didn't get any of that. I've been acquainted with the details of his living quarters much more than I would liked have to been, and as far as I know, it could have belonged to any other guy in the world. It didn't belong to him. That room, it's not his. That boy, it's not him.



Review please!