Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Demise of Barney ❯ This is the beginning and the end ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Demise of Barney
 
A fiction story told by,
Andruindel
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Barney the Dinosaur. But I wrote this story myself, and do not intend letting anyone steal it. Not that anyone would, anyway.
Dark clouds rolled across the sky. Heavy drops of rain pounded the ground as they fell, lashing the trees of a dense forest and stripping the leaves to the ground. Lightning slashed the sky in two as thunder boomed. A savage wind whipped through the woods, pushing leaves and dirt alike in its wake. It was the kind of day where anything could happen.
A large female wolf padded through the woods; her gray, normally glossy fur was soaking wet and matted. Her steal gray eyes flicked back and forth, searching for any sign of movement, but none was to be seen. It was too stormy for small animals to be out. Her large paws padded silently on the wet ground, staying in one place for no more than a few seconds.
Her large ears cupped forward as a particularly loud peal of thunder covered the pounding of the rain. Her nose twitched furiously as a strange scent met her senses. At the age of five years she could place almost any scent with its proper maker, but this one was unfamiliar.
Her hackles raised as a strange sound reached her ears. It sounded like laughter, but like no laughter she had ever heard before. It was high pitched and crazy. The laughter of a lunatic.
A shiver crept down her spine as a large purple dinosaur came into her sight. His mouth was open in a grin, showing large, dull teeth. His back was deep purple, but his stomach was dark green. He looked ill. His tail dragged along the ground as he skipped along, apparently oblivious to the storm raging around him. He chuckled and giggled as he danced, his arms held out in front of him at a weird angle.
Spotting the wolf, the dinosaur approached her, laughing harder than ever. “Hi Doggy,” He said. Reaching down and grabbing her, he pulled her into a hug.
The wolf growled, but the dinosaur paid no attention to her. He squeezed her tight, nearly suffocating her. Still laughing madly, the dinosaur pulled a long knife out of no where and plunged it downward at the wolf.
With a vicious snarl, the wolf dived out of his arms. The dinosaur continued to laugh as he squared up with her, readying himself for a fight. The wolf crouched, preparing to jump at him.
She lunged forward, trying to get his throat, but the dinosaur was too quick. Dodging, he plunged the knife down at her, catching her in the side. With a yowl she jumped again, this time barreling him to the ground.
The dinosaur tried to use the knife again, but the wolf bit down on his wrist, knocking it out of his hand. They started grappling on the ground, each fighting for supremacy, the dinosaur still laughing like a lunatic.
Finally, the wolf got hold of the dinosaurs' throat. The dinosaur struggled madly, feeling the life slowly seeping from his body. The wolf held on relentlessly, her jaws locked together. Finally, the dinosaur took one last breath, and as he exhaled, life left him.
Letting him go, the wolf stepped back from the dinosaur. Blood mixed with the water and mud on the ground. Her side was bleeding freely where the knife had cut her. Other than that she was unharmed.
Breathing hard, she slumped to the ground. Mustering her remaining strength, she rolled over onto her side, coating the wound with mud. The mud would help stop the bleeding. The rain gradually stopped as she regained her breath, and by the time she was recovered enough to continue on her way the sun was peeping from behind the clouds. She raised her head and howled, hoping that some of her pack would hear. She waited for a moment, and then heard an answering howl. Her pack was on the way.
A few moments later three young, male wolves emerged from the trees. They looked cautiously around the clearing before hurrying to the female. Giving the wolves a few licks, she told them the whole story. They wagged their tales furiously as they heard about her savage fight with the dinosaur.
With a few quiet barks, the female told the three males to take as much of the meat as was possible. They would bring it back to the pack.
Two of the three males took his arms, the other took a leg. The female took his tail. They started home, tails up and heads held high, proudly displaying their meat. But none of them held their head as high as the female.
As they approached the den, several curious pups raced out to greet them. They wagged their tails as they anticipated the meal that they would have. Compared to what they had been eating, the food that had been brought was a feast.
After the wolf pack ate, the rest of the pack asked the female to relate her story. She did, amidst many howls of pleasure, and growls as she described her foe. Though the wolf did not know, she had done the world a great service. For, never again, would the young generation of humans have to suffer a half an hour of Barney.
 
The End