Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Earth Element ❯ The dream ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Trough Wolf's Eyes: The earth element
 
A wolf howled far away. Beams of moonlight shone between the trees. Almost midnight… Celestin was alone in this gloomy forest his face seemed white in the moonlight and his long blond hair seemed silver, blue eyes reflecting the light. The air seemed thick and hard to breath. Something rustled in the bushes, quick as thought Celstin turned around, but there was nothing there. The howling of the wolf became louder as the wind increased and carried the sorrowful sound further.
Celestin looked around once more. Still nothing. Then a branch broke all of the sudden left of him. Celestin began to walk,knowing he was being watched. His hair waved behind him as he began to run. Now he heard a low and deep growling behind him. Suddenly the wolf howled only a few hundred meters from him. Celestin ran as fast as he could, but he could hear the panting of the wolf closer and closer behind him. All of the sudden he was blinded by the moonlight, he had arrived at an open spot. The wolf was nowhere to be seen.
Midnight… Celestin looked around, he didn't have his dagger with him, and there was nothing he could use as a weapon. More rustling… Celestin turned around and looked in two red, bloodshed eyes. He screamed in pain as the werewolf bit him in the left shoulder.
 
"Celestin, wake up! It's just a dream! Wake up! You're safe!"
Filled with fear, Celestin opened his eyes and looked in two kind, warm brown eyes instead of two red, bloodshot ones. He was bathing in his on sweat instead of his own blood. It was just a dream, just a dream… Everything became hazy and Celestin sank in a dreamless sleep. His friend refreshed the bandages around his left shoulder…