Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Interns ❯ Volume One, Chapter Five: Wang-Chung ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Wang-Chung

Soot frowned and made a face.

“What the hell is Wang-Chung?” he asked. Bemmer turned his head.

“That was kind of random,” he said. Soot shrugged his shoulders.

“But what is it?” he asked.

“A band?” Bemmer suggested.

“I know that. But what does it mean?”

“I don't know!” Bemmer shrugged.

Soot tilted his head. “It sounds like something you would order take-out at a Chinese restaurant. Hang on, let me get my phone.”

“Soot…” Bemmer said. The other intern pulled out his phone. He held it up to his ear.

“Ring, Soot said. “Ring! Ring!” He stared at Bemmer.

“Pick up the phone,” he said. Bemmer rolled his eyes and put his phone to his ear.

“Hello?” he asked.

“Ah, yes, I would like an order of Wang-Chung please?” Soot said. His colleague sighed.

“Small, medium, or large?” he asked.

“Large, please,” Soot said.

“Okay. Do you want it spicy?”

“Oh yes! I want to burn my mouth off! Make it as hot as possible!”

“Okay.”

“What are you guys doing?” Mandy asked when she walked into the room. Soot and Bemmer looked up.

“Oh,” Soot said. “Just pondering the question of Wang-Chung.” She gave them an odd look.

“Wang-Chung's a band,” she said.

“I know that,” he said. “But what does that mean?” Mandy wrinkled her nose and rolled her eyes.

“Just Google it,” she said. Mandy walked out of the room.

End