Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Interns ❯ Volume Four, Chapter Nineteen: Exploding Project ( Chapter 19 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Exploding Project

Soot set up the camera. “Ready?”

“Yes!” Bemmer and Daisuke said. Their leader grinned and lit a match. Daisuke stuck up his thumb.

“Okay,” he said. Soot lit the first wick. The boys stood back and watched the sizzle. They looked like little children waiting to open their presents on Christmas. The sizzling grew louder as it climbed up the wick.

Five… Four… Three… Two…

“One!” the boys shouted. Boom!

The blue explosions came first. Next the red. They crossed into purple.

“Ooo! Ah! Ooo! Ah!” the boys said. The green explosions joined the purple.

“Shall I light the next one?” Soot asked.

“Yes!” Bemmer and Daisuke said.

“Okay,” the leader said. Soot struck another match. Sizzle. Sizzle. Sizzle. Sizzle.

Five… Four… Three… Two…

“One!” the boys shouted. Red explosions went off this time.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Pink and red mixed together. More blue, purple, and green. Soot lit more fuses.

Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! All of the colors of the rainbow.

“Ooo! Ah! Ooo! Ah! Ooo! Ah!” the boys said one last time. Then, it all disappeared. Soot turned to the other two boys.

“Shall we do it again?” he asked.

“Yeah!” Bemmer and Daisuke said. The leader grinned.

End