Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Misinterperted Situation ❯ Preface ( Chapter -1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prologue
Susie Stark was your average fifteen year old girl going to high school and coming back tired and ill-feeling. She had a few friends than anyone else at her school and she was totally fine with it. If one could describe her, they could use the words of “quiet” or “shy” or maybe even “mute”. There was no way to fight back the facts of those words making it out true and saddening. Susie still makes an effort in making friends, though, every once in a few years.
Sydney Stark was Susie’s sixteen year old sister also known as her best friend. Unlike her sister, she was soft-spoken, confident and cheerful with a brightening smile on her face. She was born with a weak immune system causing her to gradually become sick every month of seasons that come and go. She also went to high school with Susie passing by her in the halls and giving a little nudge and smile to her younger sister. Everyone liked Sydney because, despite being sick a lot, she still had people understand rather than just question why.
One night, Susie was preparing to go to bed for the next day for school. Next to her room, faint sounds of Sydney’s moans from throwing up echoed the house. She kept hearing her retch loudly than before and finally realized she heard her whimper and cry out in pain. Susie dropped her hairbrush, paced next door to find Sydney holding a bucket out in front of her holding a hand to her mouth and silently sobbing.
“Syd?”
The older sister looked up with blood shot eyes and a blood stained across her sleeves. She let her hand drop from her mouth to reveal her whole entire mouth smudged by blood as well as a trickle of it running down her nose. Susie gasped watching Sydney drop her head into the bucket and retched repeatedly until she finally looked up.
Crying out, “Help!” Susie jogged down stairs to her parents watching TV.
“Sydney... she… she…” The parents looked at her arms motion above her head. “Help Sydney!” She demanded pointing to the stairs.
After hearing another rounds of her retching, they jumped to their feet running to the girls’ bedroom with Susie trailing behind. Afterwards, Sydney and her family wee on their way to the Emergency Room. And that same night, it was revealed that Sydney was diagnosed with Leukemia.
It was such a burden to the Stark family. There were numerous trips to the hospital and a few trips to Susie’s room to help and comfort her about her sisters’ disease. For a while, Susie was on her own every week or so, making foods for herself, waking herself up to school with a lost and tired look in her eyes. No one noticed because she hid the burden very well.
Though, that was three years ago and now Sydney was still trying her best to make an effort and continue school with her sister. Susie liked the idea of her sister going to the same school with her and walking with to school letting Sydney do all the talking and Susie do the listening. The two sisters were like peanut butter and jelly, mac and cheese, whatever kind of words you can use to define their loving relationship.