Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The power of love part1 the teen years ❯ Breaking the news ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter3
Breaking the news
“So what are you going to keep it?” said Chris. “Yes I am, but you didn't let me finish I thinks I still love you.” I said. “That's why I called besides to see what's up I wanted to say that I still love you and I think we should get back together.” said Chris. “That's great then you can help me take care of my baby.” I said. “Yes I can and I will so your sure you want to go back out?” said Chris. “Yes I am like I said I still love you.” I said. At that point Jason left the room. “So how you been?” said Chris. “Fine other then the fact I found out about my baby.” I said.” So you have been good since we broke up.” said Chris. “Yes I have so wait you have not gone out with anyone since the break up?” I said. “No, I have not all I could do was think about you and how much I love you.” said Chris. “So you don't like anyone else but me huh?” I said. “Yep, you're the only one for me.” said Chris. “All right then I guess I will see you hay why are you not in school?” I said. “I am sick but my mom said if I got back together with you today I could come and see you but I bet you are going to school today?” said Chris. “Nope my mom said I have to stay here today so if you want you can come over today.” I said. “Okay I will be over there soon.” said Chris. So I hung up the phone and put on some music and waited for Chris to come over. In the background you could hear the song Anyone Else But You by The Moldy Peaches. “This song is so cool I think it really describes the way I fell.” I said. Just then my mom came up. “I just saw Jason leave here In a rush was he not happy when you told him?” said Courtney. “Mom if you must know he's not the father but the father is on his way over soon.” I said. “Oh, so who is the father?” said Courtney. “It's Chris you remember him right?” I said. “Remember him I loved that boy so is he really your babies father?” said Courtney. “Yep he is and he wants to come and talk about it today he should be here soon.” I said. Just then I hear a knock on the door and I went to go answer it. “Hey Chris you're here.” I said blushing. “Hey Meleny how's it going?” said Chris. “Mom he's here.” I said. “Oh hey Chris how have you been?” said Courtney. “I have been good so Meleny shall we go up to your room and talk about the baby?” said Chris. Just then the phone rang and it was Sara. “Hey Sara what's up?” I said. “Meleny are you coming to school I saw Jason and he did not look happy.” said Sara. “Nope can't I'm pregnant and I broke up with Jason.” I said. “So who's the father?” said Sara. “It's Chris he's here right now.” I said. “Really you guys did the you know what?” said Sara. “Yes we did.” I said. “Wow I'm happy for you guys.” said Sara. Just then my father came through the door. “Meleny he's here come down here.” said Courtney. “Okay my dad's here so I have to go talk to you later.” I said. “Bye.” said Sara. So I turned off the music and we went down stairs. “Hey dad.” I said. “Hey Meleny your mom said you had something you wanted to tell me.” said Matt. “Ya, I am pregnant.” I said. “You are how nice.” said Matt. When he said that I was confused. “Dad are you saying you are happy for me?” I said. “Yes I am.” said Matt. “Mom this is weird dad never acts like this.” I said. “So who's the father?” said Matt. “I am sir.” said Chris. “Hey Chris you're the father?” said Matt. “Yes I am.” said Chris. “Good for you two.” said Matt. “Dad are you okay?” “I was happy for your mom when she was pregnant with you and I'm happy for you two.” said Matt. “Okay then we are going up to my room.” I said. “Okay you two be good.” said Matt. “Hey Chris come on I want to show you something.” I said. “Okay.” said Chris. So we went back up to my room and I showed him my CD I made for him before we broke up. “Here this was for you.” I said. “Oh, what's this?” said Chris. “I made this for you before we broke up but could not give it to you because we broke up so here I want you to have it now.” I said. “Thanks Meleny.” said Chris. “I'm glad you like it.” I said. “Any way I think we should come up with a name for this kid.” said Chris. “Okay how about Katie if it's a girl like me or Seth if it's a boy.” I said. “Well I like Katie but not Seth how about Jake.” said Chris. “Nope how about Sam.” I said. “No, how about Shawn.” said Chris. “Ya, that sounds good.” I said. “Okay now what do you want to talk about?” said Chris. “Well I guess we could listen to some music.” I said. “Okay.” said Chris. “Okay but first I'm going to get something to eat I'm super hungry.” I said. So I went down stairs and asked mom when breakfast would be done. She said it would be a half an hour before it was done. So I went back up stairs and talked to my boyfriend as we listen to some music. “This song is cool.” said Chris. “You think so.” I said. “Yep I think it says something about us.” said Chris. “Me too.” I said. “Well we should probably tell my parents they will want to know.” said Chris. “Ya we will do that after we eat I need to feed this baby inside of me.” I said. “Okay but I don't know how they will react to the news.” said Chris. “Who knows maybe they will be happy like my parents were.” I said. “Don't count on it my parents aren't cool like yours were.” said Chris. “My parents were only happy for me because my mom went through the same thing I did as a teen so she understood.” I said. “Okay I will tell as soon as you eat you don't want to starve that baby.” said Chris. “Ya Ya I hear you.” I said. “Meleny breakfast!” said Courtney. “Okay mom coming.” I said. “So Meleny are you two going to tell Chris folks?” said Courtney. “Yes we are right after I eat so I don't starve the baby.” I said. “Okay then.” said Courtney. So we ate breakfast and then went to Chris's house to break the news. “Hey mom, dad we have some great news.” said Chris. “Well what is it?” said his mother. “Well it's like this she is…” said Chris. “What he's trying to say is that I'm pregnant.” I said. “This is an out rage how could you do this you are so young and have so much to do what were you thinking?” said his father. “What I thought you would be happy for me.” said Chris. “You thought I would be happy for you, what are you nuts?” said his father. “But dad I just…” said Chris. His mom could not get a word in edgewise. “Look I don't want to see you as long as you are with Meleny you have been kicked so take your stuff and leave!” said his father. “Meleny can you come and help me with my things?” said Chris. “Yes I can.” I said. So we headed up to his room. Once there he said to get his backpack out that his books in and then to grab a box to put some of his clothes in and I did. “Wait why do you have my blue jacket?” I said. “You must have left it here grab that when we leave okay.” said Chris.