Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Priest, The Rebel and The Ordinary ❯ Preface ( Chapter -1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prologue
Oh look at the young saint. How much he suffers from the altar that waits in front of his eyes. All prayers had been said and all of the wine had been drowned down. All that’s left is the confessional booth and many sins to be forgiven. A line is formed in front of the booth. Everyone is shameful and full of mourning of each sin they knew they confess of doing. Tears fall down from the tips of noses, throats hiccup a loud, obnoxious sobs and uncontrollable teeth chattering. The moment they’ve been waiting for since day one of the new church chapel that opened up is making it anticipation to the saints. Papers signed, stapled and veto-ed; the new chapel should be worth it.
A young saint steps before the priest with a Jesus Christ beaded necklace wrapped around his left hand.
“Father… forgive me for I have sinned.”
“You are forgiven.”
“I’ve done something really wrong.”
“And what is that?”
A moment of guilty silence crowded the booth. The priest doesn’t seem so surprised.
“I–I, uh, I might’ve kidnapped someone.”
“Kidnapped?”
“Yep.”
 220;…Well… who did you kidnap?”
The young saint pauses to compose himself. “Marianne Irving.”
“Okay… and is there a reason to why you kidnapped her?”
He shrugs naively. “I just felt like… like I really needed to get close to her more.”
“And why couldn’t you have introduced yourself as a friend?”
“Because that’s not me. I’m the ‘rebel’. People think of me as the douche bag of the entire high school. I can’t ruin my reputation like that. I just…I couldn’t embarrass myself.” He drops his head shamefully. All that needs to be said have been spoken.
“Can you hurry up please? I’ve got a plane to catch.” The two turn heads at the impatient business women standing nearby.
The priest breathes in enough air to make his final statement. “You should apologize…ahem… to her.” The young saint nods along. “Go talk with her, sort things out and tell her to forgive you.”
“But what if she already forgave me? What should I do?”
The priest’s forehead creases with confused wrinkles. “She forgave you, after what you did?”
“Well, yeah. Is something wrong with forgiving one another? I mean, you do preach that, don’t you?”
“No, nothing is wrong with that at all.” But how, thought the priest. That girl must have such a good heart.
The saint smirks with confidence and thanks the priest for all the ‘advice’. The priests had his doubts. He was sure that everything wasn’t going to go according to the young saints planned. Or so he hoped. He is, as everyone says, the churches’ hypocrite with a bad attitude.