Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Priest, The Rebel and The Ordinary ❯ Chapter 3 (incomplete) ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3

Today is the day, I thought to myself upon waking up. The day to finally branch out of my sheepishness and actually have a decent conversation with this Frank dude. There’s no backing down anymore, Mari. You’ve made your decision and you are NOT going to refuse away from it. I felt motivated.
Getting up from the warmth of my bed, I stumbled toward the closet, drawers and walked into the bathroom. A shower sounded nice at the moment, and judging by the time I woken up, it was still early. I had a good forty five minutes to have everything needed for school. Maybe a good and quick breakfast would be good too.
After drying myself off, the sound of mom and dad’s cars drove out of the driveway. They were leaving for work, I assumed. As I slipped into some jeans, I grabbed the phone and dialed grandma’s number. I held it facing upward on my bed with the speaker on.
“Hello?”
“Grandma… good morning.” I fumbled with the zipper that couldn’t zip up. Had I gain weight?
“Morning, baby. Ready for school?”
I looked over my shoulder to read the time off my clock. “Pick me up in twenty minutes.”
“Alright-y.”
“I gotta go, grandma. See you!” I quickly turned the phone off and dashed downstairs to retrieve my back pack and shoes. I’m surprised mom didn’t have the slightest idea of throwing them out just yet.
Right at the very moment of having everything with me and before slipping into my shoes, the door bell rang. Being right next to the door, I answered it without any hesitation. It was the older sister that lived in front of me. She looked worried.
“Hi… can I help you?”
“Have you seen my little brother?” She asks, barely getting the words out.
I shook my head. “No.” She sighs miserably and slowly makes her way back to the street. “I can keep you on the lookout for him!” I called out, but it was too late. She had already entered back into her house.
That’s sad, but somewhat ridiculous at the same time. How could you lose your brother way early in the morning? It couldn’t have been a kidnapping, but evermore like a simple run away. It’s common around here for kids to leave their parents and decide to go live a life on their own. Heck, I could’ve been those run away kids with parents like mine. But I couldn’t imagine living on my own with no support from anyone to afford a living.
A blue car pulled up in front of the house. It was grandma and she was fifteen minutes early. I relieved a desperate sigh.
“Grandma, I said twenty minutes.” I complained after closing and locking the door to my house.
“I know.” She simply replies. “Get in.”
Grandma was inexcusably stubborn just like mom. “Just go slow.”
“Will do.” She sped off down the street to take me to my awaiting destiny. Though, she doesn’t know it yet.

In the front of the school, there were barely any kids that usually drowned the campus. There were mostly the kids who are always in their positioned places waiting for their friends patiently. Actually, seeing the whole front office half empty led me to concern. Although it was still early, there had to be at least twenty more kids filling up the areal grounds. As I sit in grandma’s car observing the kids on the lawn, I realize I’m wasting my precious time for my awaiting density–I mean destiny.
“Have a good day at school, Mari.”
I tried to hold back an anxious smirk almost spreading across my lips, but instead, I flash a small smile. “Will do.” Grabbing my backpack from the back seats, I gave grandma an once-over and slammed my door and she sped off. I swallowed nervous spit. If Frank doesn’t get himself into ISS today, then maybe I’ll be confident enough to see him during lunch and just… talk. Not talk as in, ‘so what class do you have next’, but talk as in, ‘why are you such a bad kid?’. It’s not the most original idea I’ve heard, but it sounds honest at least.
I quickly walk ahead of many other tall students trudging in front of me and entered through the main school building. I rubbed my arms feeling the sudden cold chill hanging in the air and pierce my skin. It was only the month of September so that didn’t mean I had to take a jacket out yet. But as of right now, I regret that option.